Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Looks like WBC peeved the wrong people.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    That sure would be nice.
    No I think the time to talk and talk and talk about guns is now. I think the folks of the town and their families need to know that people care about them and that what happened may have been preventable and the more you talk about it the more politicians may listen. There's already talk among some that they will once again take up the cause of banning assault weapons which is a good start.

You cannot equate trying to solve the problem with dialogue as disrespect to the families.

Silence is ignorance.
    Mrs H likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Florida man accused of killing neighbor with a hammer

Clearly we have no choice but to ban hammers.
    Unless he had multiple personality disorder it was not a mass murder. Try again.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    No I think the time to talk and talk and talk about guns is now. I think the folks of the town and their families need to know that people care about them and that what happened may have been preventable and the more you talk about it the more politicians may listen. There's already talk among some that they will once again take up the cause of banning assault weapons which is a good start.

You cannot equate trying to solve the problem with dialogue as disrespect to the families.

Silence is ignorance.
    And speaking of ignorance, Patty, the homicide rate in the US is 4.2 per 100,000, in Nunavut and Nunavik (where I lived for 25 years) the homicide rate is 18 per 100,000. That's 4 times higher than the US. Quadruple the murder rate of the gun mad Americans.

Do you know why, Patty? I can tell you it isn't because of assault weapons. Nor is it because of handguns.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post
    Unless he had multiple personality disorder it was not a mass murder. Try again.
    So we're only talking about mass murders? Okay, then we have to ban diesel and fertilizer too (Oklahama city bombing). We also have to ban aircraft, guess why?

I think I'm going to take a break for a bit. The 'ignorance' (as Patty termed it) in this thread is astounding.

Edit: Unscribing from thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh man, that letter summed up almost all of my fears.
    i am thankful everyday that I am not in that position. I am also thankful that women in her position share their experiences because it gives me insight on what could be if I make the wrong decision.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why not? It sums up the feelings I have about people making political hay off this pretty well. And we ARE the majority in North America. Most of us just aren't as vocal as the... others.
    Whats guns got to do with politics ? They are a function tool that fire ammunition designed to kill or maim/incapacitate. if you want sports shoot use an airpistol.

Obviously you can make anything political. How may Gun owners are part of a organized militia by percentage to none militia independant free thinkers ? lets start there before talking politics ?
    Last edited by TempestV; Sun, Dec 16th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Good for the NFL...a silence before each game in memory of the victims..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Dave's MO...can't get a cognescent arguement together and resorts to name-calling and sulking.

I loved that post...it puts into perspective how lucky I am my kids are moderatly normal as scary quote Goth scary quote listening teens and pre-teens can be...

though there are some people who reckon my desire to rule the world as abnormal...
    And that would make this the very last post I make at this forum. Congrats Darth, you drove another one away.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So it turns out the kid stole the guns and was not a member of the NRA. NRA.... NOT guilty.... again!!

Has anyone else noticed that mass shootings have become an epidemic in the last 20 years? especially since Colimbine.

Video games, Hollywood, rap music... all promote the life is cheap culture. Rather than blaming NRA members (whom we never hear commiting mass shootings), time to start the much needed discussion about how much culture plays in promoting violence as a legitimate way to deal with being disrespected or to settle scores to young people.
    abbasgirl, Natalka and i_forget like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I am still hugging my children extra tight each day and I plan to make sure they get a proper hug and kiss (whether they like it or not) before they leave for school.

I don't care to weigh in on the other points being brought up in this thread (I'm no good at arguing and debating) so I'll just say that I'm keeping all of the families and people affected by this in my thoughts and prayers.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    So it turns out the kid stole the guns and was not a member of the NRA. NRA.... NOT guilty.... again!!

Has anyone else noticed that mass shootings have become an epidemic in the last 20 years? especially since Colimbine.

Video games, Hollywood, rap music... all promote the life is cheap culture. Rather than blaming NRA members (whom we never hear commiting mass shootings), time to start the much needed discussion about how much culture plays in promoting violence as a legitimate way to deal with being disrespected or to settle scores to young people.

Thing is, with 6 billion pleople and counting you are gonna get a lot of crazies out there.

I still blame the NRA for the simple reason that they are the ones that lobby Washington to get the laws skewed so that you can purchase a 100 round magazine or bypass waiting periods at a gunshow. If they had any sense or scruples they would realize this but with 100K + gun dealers it's big money. As always the bottom line.

You are only 1 person, 1 member. You can speak for yourself but there are millions of members. Do you actually believe they all have good intentions of being a responsible gun owner? I doubt it. I can almost guarrantee there are members who have the potential to "go off" like this guy did.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    An interesting letter from a mom with a child who has issues.

http://gawker.com/5968818/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother
    As the mother of a child with mental health issues... this both scares me and makes me very, very sad
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    cite as to how many members of the NRA have gone on a shooting rampage

wiki list about secondary school shootings going back to 1902, elementry school shootings don't appear to have a list ATM

But this guy was a scary quote GOTH scary quote listening chappie so rap and NRA are in the clear on this one...

No-one here..least of all me is blaming members of National Rivers Authority of being involved in this...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TempestV View Post
    I guess I won't get a reply to my question then
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/5141901-post3.html
    I did a little research to establish your position and was surprised to see such flippancy on gun usage;

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/search....651&pp=&page=2

In Missouri? I'm surprised an animal control officer would risk taking an animal from a homeowner down there - they'd be risking a very serious case of lead poisoning.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/5142082-post5.html
    Lead production in Missouri:
    Name:  150860d1354995725-pit-bull-round-up-missouri-0.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  24.6 KB

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information