User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Apparently "Complete Disregard for Detail" is a must to work at my Local "Spring"

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

About 10 years ago, my husband bought me a pair of winter boots for Christmas. I was extremely flattered - they were size 8, and he was shocked to find they were too small, because he worried they would be too big. He says my feet look dainty compared to his!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    Guess I'm the odd one out with shoe size here I'm 5'2 and can wear a kids size 4 shoe or a ladies 6
    One of my older sisters is barely 5' 2" and wears a ladies 5, not easy to find, especially for heels.

I don't think it always equates with height, either. My mom was 5'2", wore a 7.5 - so do my two other older sisters who are about 5'5".

I wore a 7.5 all the way through high school, then at university grew a few inches taller, feet went to size 9.
    Then somewhere in my early 30s, after baby, I guess now that I think of it - it headed into the 10 and now sometimes 11 range.

I find that a LOT of girls in their late teens, 20s now, have size 9+ feet. Many of my nieces, and my son's friends do. Interesting...

We need to start another thread in the beauty section - I think we had one running on this last year!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    My dd16 has a size 10 foot as well which she actually likes because none of her friends can borrow her shoes and ruin them, lol.
    But on the negative side, she will never have shoes anyone would want to borrow! I had those feet at 16, they only got bigger as I got older.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am 5'2 and wear between a 7.5 and a 9 depending on the shoe.
    i have wide European feet, so I am jealous of anyone who can walk into a store and say their size and walkout without trying on the shoe!
    Natalka likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've found that I'm never the same size shoe. At Spring I can be anything from a 36 to a 39. How is it that in one store my size changes so dramatically?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm only 5'4". Size 9 (sometimes I can manage an 8.5), and I usually go for 9.5 in boots, because I wear chunky socks and stuff my pants in em. :p
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Too many times I have had incorrect grocery bills. So now when I go to a clothing store or shoe store or grocery store, I check my purchase 2x and double check my receipt. It seems to be the way we have to shop now.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to join the club of the big foot people... although I take a 10 ... I hate that any shoe that looks nice or cute on display looks really ugly once they blow it up to my size... and once I find a show that I like I ware it till it dies (then trying to find a replacement just stinks because by then nothing resembles what I want)

then there is my husband, size 14... he goes in to a store asks what they have in his size they might bring out 2 pairs of shoes and he either takes them or leaves them.
    Last edited by rehender; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Natalka and r0c0upons like this.
    Artscow great free prints just sign up and they give you tons of free stuff.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Mistake happen in store, more often under pressure. The day you don't want to return something is December 26th. There is enought crazy people in the stores that employes don't know where to run to. Plus, if you go to a store that people have commission, people are losing money by serving you so they are less and less tempted to help you. Not saying it's okay. Just saying that happen.

Next time you what good service, go went it's now over busy and be very polite. The more polite and friendly you are, the more likely people will do anything to help you.

As for the Drag Queen size, I also wear that kind of size and those size are really hard to fine in sale. So when I can find something with my size and I don't really care if it's a Drag Queen size. As long as the fit me well, it's fine be me. Plus, I know a couple of Drag Queen who wear your size!
    Last edited by abouret; Sun, Dec 30th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Proud to be Canadian, eh! ZumbaQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are some places like that..my husband is a contractor and changed the company that he gets his marble/granite from and EVERY piece he ordered was mis-measured...by their guy who ONLY DOES THAT. On one occasion he (the marble guy) order the same wrong size TWICE!!!:knob: Needless say, we switch back to our previous supplier with NO headaches.
    Some places just cant get it together

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abouret View Post
    Next time you what good service, go went it's now over busy and be very polite. The more polite and friendly you are, the more likely people will do anything to help you.
    So true. I needed stamps at the Rexall 10% off sale and I was very nice to the cashier, explained that they were for stocking stuffers and offered to do two transactions if necessary, since there is a limit.

Small town Rexall. She never met me before.
    She let me do one transaction. She kept calling me "Dear" and "Luv", as they do sometimes in small town Ontario.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Dec 30th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Ciel, walkonby and abouret like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Rebecca-shoe sizes vary between manufacturers just like clothing sizes do. When you get to the sizes past 10, you learn which brands tend to fit tightly and which brands give feet some wiggle room.

I recently had a chance to get a pair of dressy flats (Amalfi brand) for $59.95 as a gift from family. The shoes are leather and they are tight for 12 (across the forefoot but I'm planning on breaking them in for wear indoors-no way would I attempt a 20min walk to stores in them as I would be sore). There is not much cushioning in the sole either but how often am I going to find dress shoes for that price? And yes I tried 5pr of the same brand but liked the first pair best. I live in cross-trainers otherwise.

In Toronto, any woman who wears size 11 or more probably buys shoes @ full retail just to ensure having shoes in their sizes. At least there are a few brands that go up to 11-just most of the mainstream shoes stores don't go there. Naturalizer, Long Tall Sally, Bay at Yorkdale (might be just a few pairs), Harry Young Shoes and the odd designer shoe place on Bloor St. W. are options for women-oh, must add Suzanne Shoes too. Waiting for sales means you have a much harder time finding your shoe in your size. Thus you love your shoes more because of the time and effort required to find a pair or two to suit you and be in stock! I totally understand the wearing the shoes out scenario-had to pitch my old dressy flats because the soles were worn out.
    Natalka and abouret like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

If there is one thing I have learned over the years, especially when you live in another city or town from where you are shopping, it's double check your bag/bags. I had to make a trip back into a store for a similar circumstance, and frankly, I have better things to do with my time. so, since that one time, I check. We are all human and make mistakes, especially when it's busy in a store, take the time to check your bags, it'll save you a lot of time and aggrivation.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth, KK7 and 4 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh boy how frustrating!

Your post was very entertaining though!
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Rebecca-shoe sizes vary between manufacturers just like clothing sizes do. When you get to the sizes past 10, you learn which brands tend to fit tightly and which brands give feet some wiggle room.

I recently had a chance to get a pair of dressy flats (Amalfi brand) for $59.95 as a gift from family. The shoes are leather and they are tight for 12 (across the forefoot but I'm planning on breaking them in for wear indoors-no way would I attempt a 20min walk to stores in them as I would be sore). There is not much cushioning in the sole either but how often am I going to find dress shoes for that price? And yes I tried 5pr of the same brand but liked the first pair best. I live in cross-trainers otherwise.

In Toronto, any woman who wears size 11 or more probably buys shoes @ full retail just to ensure having shoes in their sizes. At least there are a few brands that go up to 11-just most of the mainstream shoes stores don't go there. Naturalizer, Long Tall Sally, Bay at Yorkdale (might be just a few pairs), Harry Young Shoes and the odd designer shoe place on Bloor St. W. are options for women-oh, must add Suzanne Shoes too. Waiting for sales means you have a much harder time finding your shoe in your size. Thus you love your shoes more because of the time and effort required to find a pair or two to suit you and be in stock! I totally understand the wearing the shoes out scenario-had to pitch my old dressy flats because the soles were worn out.
    NEWS bulletin!

Ok, agreed on that part I highlighted, as I have had the frustration of buying for all 3 of my kids the giant sized footwear.
    However on Dec 8th, 2012 that all changed for DD!!!! We found a store!!! In Scarborough!!!

They are at 31 Tapscott Rd in the Malvern Town Centre and the name on the receipt says STEELA, so I can't remember if that was the actual name on the storefront now, but hey are near the No Frills Entrance of the Plaza.
    They did not just have 1 or 2 types of boots in 11 and 12, they had many, and different colours too AND very reasonable price ( I think it was reasonable anyways)
    With tax each pair was approx $62.00, and the one black pair are the type that go over the knee cap but can be rolled down as well.
    Just in case anyone was still looking for some large boots or shoes. I told him we would definitely be back on the Spring! lol
    She got 2 pairs winter boots

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sometimes the employees are new or are not well trained. Sometimes the employees are working back to back shifts - life a night shift followed by a day shift, and they are not alert. Sometimes the employees are working 12 hour shifts because their replacement got a holiday illness (meaning did not come in because they are partying.)
    thriftygranny likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information