User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: question about shoppers optimum

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. anyways I went to Shoppers for the 20x points event. only really needed 40.00 worth but bought extra 10.00 worth to get the points. I figured it was worth it. It came just shy of 50 so I grabbed an extra thing of paper towel and asked the cashier if I had enough for the bonus points. She said I just had to be over 50 pre tax. I was at 51.44 pre tax and I didn't have anything that didn't qualify I think. She said I had enough. So I get home and realize I didn't get any bonus points. I bought pop and that is the only thing I can think of that would affect it maybe that the deposit doesn't count for points? I would have grabbed another thing of paper towel if I knew that I needed more still. but she said I had enough. so does anyone know how come I didn't get the bonus points and what I should be doing? I feel like to Shoppers. I sent a message to shoppers but I am not sure when I will get a response back. how are they to deal with? do you think that they will possibly give me the points still since I was told I had enough even if I didn't? I made a special trip and I am sick so I am not in a good mood. lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Call shoppers head office, their 800 number is on the optimum card. They may be able to credit you the points that were not added to your account when you made the purchases.

Keep your receipt on hand in case they need the transaction number or any other info, to verify your purchases on the bonus points day. Goodluck!!!
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I think I read that the points won't be added until Jan 7.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Milk doesn't count in SK, maybe it's the same in AB?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks for your help everyone! I will call head office which is probably the easiest thing to do. milk doesn't qualify for bonus points in SK? that is dumb.it sounds like there are so many rules to the whole 20x points thing that it isn't easy to figure out.
    DiamondLil and Anna Michele like this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    I think I read that the points won't be added until Jan 7.
    not for this promo, mine were right at the bottom of my receipt

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

You are correct in thinking the deposit and recycle fee on your pop does not count towards points. Check your receipt and how many base points you received. You should have 500 in order to qualify.

I did this promo today and the points were added instantly on the receipt. Since the cashier told you you had enough, I would push with Head Office to get the points.

Quote Originally Posted by dealsniffer View Post
    not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. anyways I went to Shoppers for the 20x points event. only really needed 40.00 worth but bought extra 10.00 worth to get the points. I figured it was worth it. It came just shy of 50 so I grabbed an extra thing of paper towel and asked the cashier if I had enough for the bonus points. She said I just had to be over 50 pre tax. I was at 51.44 pre tax and I didn't have anything that didn't qualify I think. She said I had enough. So I get home and realize I didn't get any bonus points. I bought pop and that is the only thing I can think of that would affect it maybe that the deposit doesn't count for points? I would have grabbed another thing of paper towel if I knew that I needed more still. but she said I had enough. so does anyone know how come I didn't get the bonus points and what I should be doing? I feel like to Shoppers. I sent a message to shoppers but I am not sure when I will get a response back. how are they to deal with? do you think that they will possibly give me the points still since I was told I had enough even if I didn't? I made a special trip and I am sick so I am not in a good mood. lol
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Mia001 and Anna Michele like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    You are correct in thinking the deposit and recycle fee on your pop does not count towards points. Check your receipt and how many base points you received. You should have 500 in order to qualify.

I did this promo today and the points were added instantly on the receipt. Since the cashier told you you had enough, I would push with Head Office to get the points.

Anna Michele likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine were also added instantly. Here is what I do when I shop at Shopper. My cashiers are awesome I am very polite and very nice and thank them over and over again because I want to make sure it is done right.
    1. I ask the cashier to scan through everything without the coupons first.
    2. I ask the cashier to hit subtotal. The computer will say at that point (if you had an optimum card you would have this many points) I make sure the points are awarded.
    3. I give them my optimum card to scan.
    4. I give them my coupons.
    5. I ask them to suspend the order so I can put the amount owing on a gift card.
    6. Purchase the amount owed on a reusable gift card.
    7. We unsuspend the order and I pay.
    They know me now so now they know what I do. They are so great to me. I make sure though If there are people with one or two items to let them go ahead even if it is five people. I stay patient and I never ever go if I am in a hurry. I don't rush them. Always tell them how awesome they are. Then I comment on facebook of my good service.
    PammieD, Anna Michele and sisyphe like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's pretty bad the cashier didn't think about the pop deposit or check the points to be sure. I noticed when I bought Ben & Jerry's on Saturday they were $5.49 if you bought 2 or more, but they rang up as $5.99, and when I asked why, the cashier said the price doesn't get corrected till she hits enter at the end. It kind of made me wonder if they could accidentally tell you that you'd reached the $50, and then you wouldn't by the time the price was corrected.
    PammieD and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

That annoys me. I've encountered that a few times at various stores. I get that they have to wait until the end of the transaction to evaluate the promos, but some stores it doesn't evaluate and decrease them until your points card is scanned etc. I am not making sense because I can't remember all of the details, lol but I know there are often times when I get confused with the check out/promo process at the different stores.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    Mine were also added instantly. Here is what I do when I shop at Shopper. My cashiers are awesome I am very polite and very nice and thank them over and over again because I want to make sure it is done right.
    1. I ask the cashier to scan through everything without the coupons first.
    2. I ask the cashier to hit subtotal. The computer will say at that point (if you had an optimum card you would have this many points) I make sure the points are awarded.
    3. I give them my optimum card to scan.
    4. I give them my coupons.
    This is the most important step as they prices often do change once they hit subtotal, and to be sure youa re getting all you proper bp's

this 20cx i used 2x1000bp coupons and they are scanned i bought the right items and only 1000 points were added i called and was told to call back monday they need to see the transaction in full, so that i will do other than that i got my 20x bp's right away
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealsniffer View Post
    Deposit doesn't count for points even a cashier at Shoppers in Red Deer found that out the hard way.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Dec 30th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    not for this promo, mine were right at the bottom of my receipt
    Yes, my points were added right away. I checked my receipt as soon as it was handed to me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Milk doesn't count in SK, maybe it's the same in AB?
    Milk gets regular points in Alberta so it will get bonus points.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information