User Tag List

Page 240 of 370 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5538
Like Tree36122Likes

Thread: PammieD's Love is in the Air Package Train

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Hi all, busy day here, up early and off with the girl I work with to go sort out her cell phone. Now taking DD to her counselling appt., going to mail my package while she is there and sneak over to Superstore for a looky. Then she wants to go to Walmart and look at cds. With the issues she is working on we have reverted to a reward system - $3 for everyday she is 'good'. She has 12 days in now. Pretty proud. I suppose I can divulge another secret here since this is the week for letting is all out..... She is a cutter, it's terrifying and absolutely out of my control. I have never felt so helpless as a mother and been so scared. She has been in couselling for a few months now and it really seems to be helping. She has had some set backs, but seems to be doing well these days. She is wearing a shortsleeved shirt today for the first time in almost a year. I am sure she will be thrilled if she knew I was telling you all this but then again.... I think it's a good place for me to finally tell someone. Being a teenager is so hard these days.
    Please don't think I am a bad parent....

Well I for one would NEVER think your a bad parent. You want to hear something that will shock your pants off??? I was a cutter also. We just never called it that when I was young. By being supportive and being there for her is all you can do well she works through what ever she has to work through. I regret it everyday of my life I ever did it and have a sad reminder everytime I look at my arm I have many scars.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

And i missed the free bacon again.................................

I just finished cursing I went to take a shower and gone lol
    Jezebel, coyote00, PammieD and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Hi all, busy day here, up early and off with the girl I work with to go sort out her cell phone. Now taking DD to her counselling appt., going to mail my package while she is there and sneak over to Superstore for a looky. Then she wants to go to Walmart and look at cds. With the issues she is working on we have reverted to a reward system - $3 for everyday she is 'good'. She has 12 days in now. Pretty proud. I suppose I can divulge another secret here since this is the week for letting is all out..... She is a cutter, it's terrifying and absolutely out of my control. I have never felt so helpless as a mother and been so scared. She has been in couselling for a few months now and it really seems to be helping. She has had some set backs, but seems to be doing well these days. She is wearing a shortsleeved shirt today for the first time in almost a year. I am sure she will be thrilled if she knew I was telling you all this but then again.... I think it's a good place for me to finally tell someone. Being a teenager is so hard these days.
    no one would ever think your a bad parent! I had a really hard time in high school! There is way too much peer pressure, media pressure etc to be a certain way, and if you are not the "perfect person" (which 99% of people aren't) then it can be hard. Once you leave high school all those things that seem matter so much don't mean anything outside of high school! Hopefully that makes sense! What grade is you daughter in?
    Jezebel, KK7, coyote00 and 3 others like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359477435.534312.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  45.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359477458.445127.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  31.2 KB

All I can say is wow..... Blue and kk7.
    Everyone is and shall be an inspiration to us all.
    Jezebel, KK7, DMS54 and 6 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

ok I am out of the loop, what free bacon did I miss?
    missbee217 and chesterjes like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

julesie look at my FB you will see a crazy dog with a chef hat it will tell you about it ; )

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

there I posted it on your wall lol

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

free bacon???? I like bacon!! but I suspect it's on facebook so I won't be able to get it from work... boo hoo!

Bluz, being a parent is hard! I've only been at it a few years now and I sometimes dread what is to come. I had issues with depression that I don't think my parent's ever really realized, and I really don't want that for my own boy, but it was nothing my parent's did or didn't do, it's simply part of who I am. I have no doubt you are a good parent, somethings are not in our control. At least you are getting her the help she needs and not ignoring it or something, I've seen that happen more often than it should! I am encouraged by all of you on here who have kids older than mine, who have been through stuff I hope I never have to, but simply the fact that you survived it makes me believe I can survive it all too.

I hated high school, and it is so strange now to look back on it and see things I thought were so very important, that mean nothing once you hit the real world. Being a parent is hard, being a teen is hard, the world is often not a friendly place. I am glad to have this place to be honest, and to hear I'm not the only one with "issues". It certainly is a big help to me so thank you all for your stories!!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

I like the reward systems. I've been pinteresting a few different ideas. mostly for younger kids though like buying from a "store" at home. bluz - never think you are a bad parent. I work in child protection services and trust me, you are far from a bad parent. you love your daughter so much, we can all see that. keep up the great work!! I know one day when I have kids, I will have a wealth of knowledge and tips from all of you!

me too. I've given up. I'll pay for my own bacon it's that good. haha.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Good morning everyone .

Slambert, I read your post several times and am quite speachless over your MIL's actions (sending you a cast iron pan to whack her one). Everyone has suggested excellent advise. I am saying a prayer and sending your lil one positive thoughts that he can overcome this. Poor lil duck and I am sorry but WTH was she thinking. You are a fabulous parent and your attentiveness to his needs will overcome these obstacles. HUGS

Bluz , don't ever think you are a bad parent. You are so correct when you say that it is a different world for teens these days. All you can really do is provide the love and resources to help them. Sending you huge hugs to.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Bluz a bad parent wouldn't be taking their daughter to appointments to get help You are a wonderful Mommy and don't ever forget it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Good morning everyone .

Slambert, I read your post several times and am quite speachless over your MIL's actions (sending you a cast iron pan to whack her one). Everyone has suggested excellent advise. I am saying a prayer and sending your lil one positive thoughts that he can overcome this. Poor lil duck and I am sorry but WTH was she thinking. You are a fabulous parent and your attentiveness to his needs will overcome these obstacles. HUGS

Bluz , don't ever think you are a bad parent. You are so correct when you say that it is a different world for teens these days. All you can really do is provide the love and resources to help them. Sending you huge hugs to.

Thanks lady...I'll put that pan to good use. I called the psychologist this morning and she's on vacation so I'm calling the pediatrician after lunch to see if we can get in to see her..maybe it will just take him hearing what we are telling him from someone else for it to sink in. Thanks for the support, it means a lot to me

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    For you Armygirl.

Aww now I want to go home and snuggle on the couch with my Tummy

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Pediatrician is putting him in today at 3:30..I think I love her

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

My Darling beautiful friends life is so messy, part fun part pain my heart hurts for all of you but I believe you are all the strongest bunch of kick a$$ people I know. The fact that all of you are so open and honest and willing to bear your souls so openly for each of us requesting help proves how amazingly wonderful you all are and how truly you all seek to handle all of your individual stress. It humbles me. If you have time google "hall of fame" by the script I dedicated to all of you today. MMMWWAAAHHHHH

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Thread Information