User Tag List

Page 62 of 370 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Like Tree36122Likes

Thread: PammieD's Love is in the Air Package Train

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

mwah! so very caring/thoughtful/humanitarian/kind .... can't think of any others through my sniffles/tears
    what a kind soul you must be I'm proud to be able to call you a friend

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Things I bring to Cuba to donate:

Soaps, shampoos, razors, deodorants, hairspray, gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes and deodorants.
    These items are not always available and our maid last cried when we gave her a set of 5 toothbrushes for her whole family... they were currently sharing one. (I can't imagine!)

Pads and tampons are a HUGE need. They usually use 1 pad for 3 days(because they can't afford to change them daily... never mind a few times a day)

Band Aids, polyspoirin, advil and tylenol. We listened to a story about a woman who was sent home after having her C-Section with 1 extra strength tylenol.. OMG!

Condoms. For obvious reasons.

Bras, panties, nylons, socks. The dancers and front desk staff LOVE the nylons.

Small toys for children.. this year I have from Dollarama 2 barbies, 4 hot wheel cars, farm animal set, wild animal set, foam letters, stickers, crayons and coloring books. The don't know "name brands" so the children cherish anything we bring. We buy the "party favor" crayons.. 4 in a box... 8 packages for $1. These kids act like we just gave them a art supply store. It really does wonders for the soul.

Makeup, nail polish, perfume, earrings and necklaces. Everyone deserves to feel beautiful.

Pencils, pens, pencil crayons and markers for the school.

We bring a "gift" of the above for our maid.. each day we leave something different. We get to know the waiter/waitress by always sitting in the same section. We go and see the dancers before the show. We talk with the front desk staff. We will stop and talk to a gardener.

We also bring clothes in a variety of sizes for infants, children and adults. Some new.. some gently worn by us. They do not care if it is second hand.

We have seen men working in shoes with the toes cut out (shoes were too small) and that is all they had. Hubby came home in water shoes because we took his shoes off and offered them to this gentleman. He was so proud to have a pair of shoes that fit.

I think this is part of the reason we love Cuba so much. Its a vacation for our mind, body and souls. You really do step back and think "I was complaining about......"
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

This is the first time I have done 100% online shopping for my buddy. Feels weird. Oh, wait... pammie did shop in person for my buddy.... so 98% online.

I never thought of this until now (DUH!)

Buddy: Would you like anything from Cuba? Rum, Cigars(for hubby?!?)... anything???
    i don't think you have me but..... Covering my bases..... Rum!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Name:  pug.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  35.4 KB

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

tried to download a better pic of my furbabies but my computer and camera are having a tiff so I made dessert instead...damn you coyote for teasing with the berry crumble and you bluz for taunting your pepperoni.
    I made Shikand. An east indian dessert full of delish! green cardamom(my fave) - this is where I learned about and fell in love with this spice(took a few cooking classes) Basically you throw all the ingredients into a blender and it makes sort of a pudding, then you add sliced peaches and either slivered almonds or shredded coconut and it is heaven!

500g cottage cheese(I hate this stuff but once blended with the other stuff it's gold!)
    250g sour cream
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp ground grn cardamom
    pinch of nutmeg
    few strands of saffron
    1 tsp warm milk

blend til smooth and add fruit and other topping suggested above mmmmmmm
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Things I bring to Cuba to donate:

Soaps, shampoos, razors, deodorants, hairspray, gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes and deodorants.
    These items are not always available and our maid last cried when we gave her a set of 5 toothbrushes for her whole family... they were currently sharing one. (I can't imagine!)

Pads and tampons are a HUGE need. They usually use 1 pad for 3 days(because they can't afford to change them daily... never mind a few times a day)

Band Aids, polyspoirin, advil and tylenol. We listened to a story about a woman who was sent home after having her C-Section with 1 extra strength tylenol.. OMG!

Condoms. For obvious reasons.

Bras, panties, nylons, socks. The dancers and front desk staff LOVE the nylons.

Small toys for children.. this year I have from Dollarama 2 barbies, 4 hot wheel cars, farm animal set, wild animal set, foam letters, stickers, crayons and coloring books. The don't know "name brands" so the children cherish anything we bring. We buy the "party favor" crayons.. 4 in a box... 8 packages for $1. These kids act like we just gave them a art supply store. It really does wonders for the soul.

Makeup, nail polish, perfume, earrings and necklaces. Everyone deserves to feel beautiful.

Pencils, pens, pencil crayons and markers for the school.

We bring a "gift" of the above for our maid.. each day we leave something different. We get to know the waiter/waitress by always sitting in the same section. We go and see the dancers before the show. We talk with the front desk staff. We will stop and talk to a gardener.

We also bring clothes in a variety of sizes for infants, children and adults. Some new.. some gently worn by us. They do not care if it is second hand.

We have seen men working in shoes with the toes cut out (shoes were too small) and that is all they had. Hubby came home in water shoes because we took his shoes off and offered them to this gentleman. He was so proud to have a pair of shoes that fit.

I think this is part of the reason we love Cuba so much. Its a vacation for our mind, body and souls. You really do step back and think "I was complaining about......"
    you are amazing!!! cuba is on my list of places to go so when I go there I'm going to have a nice long chat with you. =)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    I am hoping to go to Orlando in November lululemon here I come!
    take me with you!!! I want to travel again!!!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

PammieD - when is the earliest mail date? =)

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I am watching Cash Cab and these two young gents playing are seriously almost making me pee my pantaloons.

QUESTION: what is the skin affliction that occurs with over exposure to cold?

They sat there pondering between pmeumonia and frost bite ...they did eventially choose frost bite.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Hey Bluz,

I found another yummy WW's freindly dessert recipe (now in the oven for tonight)

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/weigh...-berry-crumble

You know you are on a diet when you ask your hubby... Should I wait till the steak thaws before I weigh it because it may weigh less <<<<---- snickering to myself.

my mum has a really great WW carrot cake (that we have for EVERY family birthday, it's soo good), I can send it to you &/or Bluzsuz if you are interested.

On a side note, my recipe box disappear and I haven't been able to find it in a couple of days.

<jealous> -20 + windchill on top there was a 3 foot high snowdrift completely covering one full car lane in front of the kids school this afternoon :S
    Yikes!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    I'm confused.. the tanks or the boobs? Lol...
    LOL!! The tank tops....
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I am hoping to go to Orlando in November lululemon here I come!
    They get deliveries a few times a week so visit often!

Will be hopefully going down in either May or June.
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Not sure who asked the Lulu question. I love their headbands and I'm dying to use one of their glass water bottles. Sadly, however, Lulu only goes up to size 12 ((Which is DUMB, by the way, since the average size of women in Canada is 14))....so no lulu clothes for me I do own a pair of size 12 yoga pants that I can technically fit into.....I would just never wear them in public.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

All WW's recipies will be received with huge sloppy coyote kisses

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    my mum has a really great WW carrot cake (that we have for EVERY family birthday, it's soo good), I can send it to you &/or Bluzsuz if you are interested.

On a side note, my recipe box disappear and I haven't been able to find it in a couple of days.

Yikes!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Hmmm, that is my next goal to fit in my two pair of lulu pants without looking like a sausage. I can wear them but like you said NEVER in public lol

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Not sure who asked the Lulu question. I love their headbands and I'm dying to use one of their glass water bottles. Sadly, however, Lulu only goes up to size 12 ((Which is DUMB, by the way, since the average size of women in Canada is 14))....so no lulu clothes for me I do own a pair of size 12 yoga pants that I can technically fit into.....I would just never wear them in public.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Hmmm, that is my next goal to fit in my two pair of lulu pants without looking like a sausage. I can wear them but like you said NEVER in public lol
    My goal is to be able to wear the clothes in my closet without looking like a sausage. I always think I look that way! Even in clothes that supposedly fit, if I go up a size they fall off. I would do WW but I just don't think I can be that disciplined or follow the points thing. I had some luck with Sparkpeople way back when, you can choose to put in your own food plan or they have created ones that you can use. I used their meals, I could customize some things (like I can't eat peppers so I could choose another vegetable). It worked, but it was Work! I know it won't be easy to lose weight, but I don't think it should be so difficult with counting and all that. I even tried Nutrisystem, I lost 5 pounds the first month, the second one, I just recently threw out the food. It was good, and it works, but it was hard with a toddler (he was starting solids when I was on it) since I had to feed him and he wanted what I was having. Any way! No lulu for me, too expensive, and doesn't fit

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ooh i'd love if you could share the WW carrot cake recipe think i might make one for my mom for her birthday. that way she and my Dad can have some too.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 62 of 370 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread Information