User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: SPCA rant & cat questions

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need to rant this off I am sad ......I want maybe another cat ;and since 1 week I had one in my mind when I saw the SPCA picture;it was 100% love.She was perfect an ''hymalayen'' 4 years old and all the things where done.I went to see her this morning... She was not with the others cats...Ask if she get adopted and they did not have the time to remove the pictures...No she have a cought or I diid not perfectly understand..but now the picture is removed because she will maybe be put to dead in the next day...or if she is ok they will repute the picture...How a 4 years old can be put to dead??? So unfair...I hope it will not happen...I already saw in my mind maybe my persan cat play with her same age and habits...you go there and yoou are telling that...I was truly in love with this sweetie...I spend the afternoon thinking of that and the others pets situations..and I am so mad and powerless..She was in perfect shape until the last day,,,On another note today they made 6 adoptions...but the cats I wanted to see was not ready so I miss them but at least they are adopted Thanks you for reading...I am hearthbreaking right now...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    oscarandme likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

http://www.chatsenligne.com/Himalayen/ she was or is i dont dont how to said it now like those ones
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 18th, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

forget my rant...I had a message a few seconds from the spca the hymalayenne was adopted and ok...I am happy but very confused now.......
    anisa, Natalka and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

SPCA have bigs lack of communication......

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sometimes they say cats are adopted when they are not just so people won't talk about how horrible they are but himalayans go very quickly in shelters. Everyone wants a purebred.
    i_forget and oscarandme like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hugs to you, cath007-lots of ups and downs with your next cat of dreams. Wish that cat has its forever home with its new family.
    May new paws find their way home to you when you find the next delightful cat! Who knows, a cat could show up at your door-then what do you do?
    gourmetsue and oscarandme like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Sometimes they say cats are adopted when they are not just so people won't talk about how horrible they are but himalayans go very quickly in shelters. Everyone wants a purebred.
    That is so awful.But maybe with the response on her beeing sick of a cough or anything...I should have said if she is okaie give me news and I will adopt her.Maybe I am guilty ...But the care person was not optimism so I did not insisted as she change the ssubject and did not want to give to much informations...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I assumed she was still in care because they remove the picture and did not reput it as they said to me... if she was ok..so the person went this afternoon and adopt her...a person who already saw her as she was there for 9 days... But in the same note I dont want a sick cat who could be expensive in vet and contamined my other cat....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

SPCA is at the other end on where I live and it is not possible to me to go each day...And I understand Facebook pictures is a tool but it is very usefull.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

hugs to you and hope you find another kitty. I have a orange cream point himmy Jupiter got him from a breed in Ottawa for $150. Himmys are a lot of work but they are the gentlest kitties ever and gets along with my other 3 cats. They are great breeds to have but they are prone to eye problems and if male pee problems. But no matter what they are amazing kitties.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes,I got the picture.My 4 years old persian is a lot of work .She need 3 time of a years a shave and need to be brushed daily.But no matter what she is worthed.The most amazed cat Lots of love in return
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When I saw the SPCA picture the hymalayen was shaved short too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had to jump through loops to get my yellow lab from the SPCA.
    numerous phone calls and visits and waiting....worth it though.
    beautiful dog.....I could not ask for a better friend. He was 330, plus 200 for additional vet costs when I got him (sold me him sick).....plus he has allergies and is a food snob.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If this situation with the SPCA has turned you off, there could very well be other adoption agencies in your area.

I know in the London area there are 3 or 4 that foster abandoned pets through various families, and are always looking for adopters.

Personally, I feel the OSPCA is failing. Recently there have been 2 incidents where pet owners informed the OSPCA that they couldn't take care of their animals, and instead of taking the pets (I realize this is difficult) or helping with supplies, they told the owners to take better care of the animals. This resulted in dead and sick animals, because the owners didn't receive the help they were asking for.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    If this situation with the SPCA has turned you off, there could very well be other adoption agencies in your area.

I know in the London area there are 3 or 4 that foster abandoned pets through various families, and are always looking for adopters.

Personally, I feel the OSPCA is failing. Recently there have been 2 incidents where pet owners informed the OSPCA that they couldn't take care of their animals, and instead of taking the pets (I realize this is difficult) or helping with supplies, they told the owners to take better care of the animals. This resulted in dead and sick animals, because the owners didn't receive the help they were asking for.
    That is so awfull I live in a small QC city so only 1 SPCA.Some of the historics of the cats and dogs are so horrific....I have in mind a 8 years old female cat..I asked for the infos in the paper...''saisie of pet'' sorry I dont know how to translate it..The cats had 4 teeths removed and a lot of teeths problems...so for me its a no.But I found my little persian in kijiji and free by a serioous owner...I will kept my eyes open for that I think...Or forget it for a moment.My cat never had 1 single problem since 2 years so with SPCA pets I am not sure.
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information