User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Federal Liberal Leadership race

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how Justin does running the party. I'm pretty young so I wasn't around when his father was leader.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Back in the middle of President Bush's second term ..we used to get a lot of "Respect the honour of the office even if you can't respect the man holding it" from the US right wing. That stopped as soon as President Obama was sworn in on January 20 2009.

I hear the same sort of retoric from the supporters of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper..but I hope that his supporters will respect the office of the leader of the opposition and not make judgment calls on some-ones attributes rather than thier policies..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Congrats to Justin! And the Cons are already mud slinging. Seriously. They can't offer a Congratulations and leave it at that, they must start attacking. Pathetic if you ask me. But that's the Conservative way, no different than when Chavez died lol who says, "yeah sorry on your loss but hey now you can get on to business!" Harper does lol

It's nothing more than a defense mechanism and the CONS are coming out in full swing because they are scared. And well they should be. Justin could easily take the next Federal election with a Majority Government, especially with many people looking to strategy vote already. It's the ABC's of politics. That is of course if Harper and gang don't steal the next election too!
    I can tell you the cons aren't scared, If the situation were different, The libs would mudsling gladly. Trudeau wont take a majority.

And Trudeau will do attack ads. Its foolish to think he wont.
    Natalka likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im disturbed by the sheer cult of personality that has emerged around this guy. Its a personality cult for sure.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Im disturbed by the sheer cult of personality that has emerged around this guy. Its a personality cult for sure.

Department of Redundancy Department is calling for it's trope back.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Still comes down to party policies for me. Yes you need a leader but more importantly you need to surround yourself with people who are as capable in their own right. He is doing that already. One man is not the party. They have a long way to go to undo all the damage this government has done to us and our reputation world wide.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought I edited that last part. Here is what it was supposed to be "Im disturbed by the sheer cult of personality that has emerged around this guy. Its almost to the point of a fanatical following"

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    They have a long way to go to undo all the damage this government has done to us and our reputation world wide.
    Make us into a nation that is considered a leader and not a follower and one of the few who not only survived the economic collapse but in fact prospered despite NDP and liberal opposition to harper's economic policies which have been proven now to work. Or the fact that Greenhouse gas emissions which went up 23% under chretien and martin, went down 6 % under harper. Or that Harper has made Canada a country on equal terms with the big players....... Hmm, I guess it really is bad.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I love that song. They played it live at wrestlemania last week,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Make us into a nation that is considered a leader and not a follower and one of the few who not only survived the economic collapse but in fact prospered despite NDP and liberal opposition to harper's economic policies which have been proven now to work. Or the fact that Greenhouse gas emissions which went up 23% under chretien and martin, went down 6 % under harper. Or that Harper has made Canada a country on equal terms with the big players....... Hmm, I guess it really is bad.

As far as I am concerned he is right up there with the worst of the worst, Mulroney.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As far as I am concerned he is right up there with the worst of the worst, Mulroney.
    Mulroney wasn't anywhere near as bad as he was made out to be. Still Harper is like Diefenbaker ( whom I feel was the greatest prime minister ever)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Still comes down to party policies for me. Yes you need a leader but more importantly you need to surround yourself with people who are as capable in their own right. He is doing that already. One man is not the party. They have a long way to go to undo all the damage this government has done to us and our reputation world wide.

THat's what a good leader does..finds people who are complimentary and have skills in an area they don't.

I worked for a man whose personality I hated but was a heck of a good boss who empowered staff he though could rise up and do the job and was never unstinting in his praise for those who went the extra mile..

I've also worked for those who'd rather surround themselves with yes(wo)men and play happy and not actually lead...I prefer the foprmer as a boss cos then I know I've done a bl00dy good job when it's mentioned.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information