User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: lack of trad trains!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I used to love to ride traditional coupon trains, but have gotten burned in the past because they have a habit of going ''missing'' in between riders.
    Everytime i check the train room, every 'boarding' train is VWT which I'm not interested in.
    I just wanna ride a trad train!!

anyone else miss riding traditional trains?
    and no I refuse to create my own trad train because my last two trains I created went ''missing''
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i love traditional trains -i just put one out there for jan-had one in oct -keep looking cause that is all i do -dont have enough cpns right now to do another cause i always like to have at least 100.00 to start in cpns -plus some people are asking to much for traditionals(3 stamps and 2 coupons for example ) -i usually ask 2 stamps or 2 cpns -or a free cpn-give people a choice -anyway keep looking but i totally agree not enough traditional trains -come on people put some out there
    coley3, PammieD and floweredangel like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I used to love to ride traditional coupon trains, but have gotten burned in the past because they have a habit of going ''missing'' in between riders.
    Everytime i check the train room, every 'boarding' train is VWT which I'm not interested in.
    I just wanna ride a trad train!!

anyone else miss riding traditional trains?
    and no I refuse to create my own trad train because my last two trains I created went ''missing''
    That's usually all I run. I think that people get discouraged because of "missing" trains though. I received one home last week that was post marked December!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I just ran a traditional train, not sure if was because it was all food or because there were no boarding pass but in 2 days I had enough people to run 3 seperate trains, which shocked me. I only ran it after a train I ran somewhere else finally came back as it took over 6 months to get back to me. Hoping these ones get back to me a little quicker, tried to keep them small.

Might start another one within the next few days as I was just gifted a large number of coupons but I need to sort them and see exactly what is in the package and what the expiry dates are.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

I used to run them all the time but got fed up because someone on the train always broke the rules. If you said only 2 of the same coupon I would get 5 of the same coupon back. If I put in $10 in early expires, I'd get $30 back. After a while I realized all I was doing was giving away good coupons because all I got home at the end of it was trash.
    If people were considerate and put in good coupons when they took out good coupons I think we would all love to start running and riding traditional trains again!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I did one trad. train when I started. Waste of time. I was the last rider and the coupons were junky ones and I took nothing out but still had to add my boarding pass. The VWT I have not tried as they seem to need too many of the rare and HV to participate. I've only been doing one on one trading and it's okay but time consuming.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i guess it all depends who you get on your trains-every traditional one i have gone on is okay or better except for one i went on last year-i manage to always get back at least 10.00 or more at the end of my traditionals in coupons i can use besides the boarding pass-i have done no boarding pass once and it was fairly decent coming back too-mind you if you are the last rider sometimes it works out sometimes not -every trad train is a chance you take-if i get 7.00 or more in coupons i am happy if not its a chance we take
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 15th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Jezebel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I also ran two traditional trains in the past - one got jacked for sure by a member who 'did not like my train idea' and the other one got 'lost' but the user did reimburse me. It defiantly sucks. I liked it. But I don`t plan on making them anytime soon. lol
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I like trad trains, the VWT intimidate me and I feel like in order to get the coupons I want I would have to give away all the ones that I would use anyhow. I try to be generous on all the trains I ride too. Since I am newer to trading I am always nervous that if a train does go missing, I will be blamed. Loving all the trains I've been a part of so far.
    coupon girl likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I ran quite a few cars last summer when I had more time. Most were pretty good, although one went missing. Hopefully that member (who just resurfaced recently!) will reimburse me at least the boarding passes as she was the last rider. I just don't have the time now to trade/coupon that much unfortunately.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I'd love to be a part of a train, but everytime I look at the requirements/boarding pass I get discouraged. I never have "specific coupons" or enough money to get a gift card/stamps to board.
    Its so rare that I have anything that other people are looking for that I hardly even read the train threads anymore, because there is never one for me.

coupon girl and Giddymonkey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I switched from traditional trains to VWTs after too many envelopes full of unusable coupons. i.e. past expiry, expiring in a few days, filled with hair dye, pet food, etc. (even though the rules prohibited them.) I was finding that the approximate $2 I was spending on postage was not worth the few good coupons I found in the envelopes once they reached me. I am sure most of them started out well, but often people were not kind to the next rider....
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I like the traditional trains. I rarely find tearpads/peelies, etc. The few mailouts and FPC's that I get I often use, or don't have enough for a VWT anyway. If it's a 1 Pstamp boarding pass traditional train, I love those even if I don't find much that I can use, because there's at least a chance I can find something.

VWT's just ask too much for what I have and I'd have to give out stamps for most of the things *shrugs*
    Jezebel, coupon girl and Granger like this.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I've stopped joining traditional trains because they go miss or they're just full of crappy coupons....costs more to mail then I get out of it.....often I took nothing from the train, added good coupons, and a bp
    ....just be happy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I rode trad trains twiceish then stopped because they either went missing (one time, the person before me claimed to have sent it…well it never came. Makes me a suspect, thanks for nothing!!!) or had really, really awful coupons at the end and I hated paying for the boarding pass to take out ZERO!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information