User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: lack of trad trains!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I like riding tradiiional trains however, there is nothing more discouraging than to receive an envie full of early expiries, over dupliication that does not comply with the conductors rules. I have taken to adding a note of exactely what coupons I took out and which ones I put in. I also contact the conductor to let them know if the envie has numerous errors. Traditiional trains are built on trust and I really admire those conductors who run them as, in my opinion they are taking the largest risk. I host mainly VWTs so it is very easy to correct errors before it reaches the rider. This is not so easy for the conductor of a Traditional train (not always certain where the errors occured).

I will have a look through my coupons tomorrow and see if I can come up with enough decent variety to start a traditionl train. I certainly can sympathize with those conductors who have already lost too much and don't want to start another one.

Questions:

1. What is a fair trade rating to join
    2. What is a decent amount of coupons to start with (I would do only food and bevie)
    3. What is a good train size
    4. Should posting ins/outs details (ie exact coupons) be mandatory as part of the train

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I like riding tradiiional trains however, there is nothing more discouraging than to receive an envie full of early expiries, over dupliication that does not comply with the conductors rules. I have taken to adding a note of exactely what coupons I took out and which ones I put in. I also contact the conductor to let them know if the envie has numerous errors. Traditiional trains are built on trust and I really admire those conductors who run them as, in my opinion they are taking the largest risk. I host mainly VWTs so it is very easy to correct errors before it reaches the rider. This is not so easy for the conductor of a Traditional train (not always certain where the errors occured).

I will have a look through my coupons tomorrow and see if I can come up with enough decent variety to start a traditionl train. I certainly can sympathize with those conductors who have already lost too much and don't want to start another one.

Questions:

2. What is a decent amount of coupons to start with (I would do only food and bevie)
    4. Should posting ins/outs details (ie exact coupons) be mandatory as part of the train
    whatever you decide I would like a seat
    coyote00 and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Questions:

Ditto please

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Okie dokie, mini trad food and bevie train now posted

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Questions:

Hi love, just my $0.02 on this:

1. I think maybe 25+
    2. $50+ is usually good to start.
    3. 5 max, because then it just gets too big and takes too long
    4. I would be fine with posting details of what I put in/take out.

And, I would love a spot on your train, whatever you decide

EDIT: and, looks like you started and it's full! Maybe next time
    Last edited by floweredangel; Mon, Feb 18th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
    coyote00 likes this.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah so nice of you to do a traditional train -maybe more will chime in and do somemore traditional trains-thanks for doing one
    coyote00 likes this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i gave up on them, i can't even count how many times i've had to put in a BP (either stamps or a FPC) and had nothing to take out plus pay the $$ to mail it. i like the idea of people recording what they've taken and what they've included so you can see who's contributing what. just my thoughts.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

I agree. I actually rode a traditional train where we had to record every individual coupon in and out, and it kept people honest. Only it is a lot more work for the conductor to put together because they have to print out exactly what they started out with. But I think it's worth the extra effort if they are willing to do it.
    gracesmommy and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I have posted a new train, it is by invite or high trade rating only as I have lost many trains in the past. Thank you!
    coyote00 likes this.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I let mine go out this time without a recording sheet. How the train looks when I receive it back will determine if I do itemize on future trad trains I host. I have my fingers crossed that the trains go well so I can host more in the future.

I also had forgotten how beneficial one on one trades can be. I wandered over to the trade forum last night and made a couple of great trades there also. VWT's are hard right now because of the lack of coupons out there. II wonder when ths drought will end.

Have a great day everyone.
    coupon girl and floweredangel like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I haven't done any trains in about six months.... I also agree with the lack of traditional trains, but I also find VWT's WAY to hard to "qualify" for. Too many rare, HV, and I don't know how so many people have such an abundance of FPC's to participate (ie. one for draw, boarding pass, etc)!! I'm lucky if I have 2 or 3 at any given time. As well, personally, finding tear pads is virtually impossible for some reason, so I'm limited to what comes in the flyers and mail.

I would love to start up a tradition train, but with the lack of tear pads I just don't have the supply.

I think we should over haul the train guidelines and make them a little more attainable?? There has got to be a way to improve them!
    coupon girl and coyote00 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am really torn on what to do. I have my traditional trains going around *knock on wood* all goes well. I was thinking of running a VWT but if I do I want to keep it pretty simple as I have found a few to ride but for the most part like others I just cannot come up enough coupons. This may sound odd but I really like the VWT where you do not list an amount or UPC, you just list the product and whatever amount or UPC you get is what you get, but maybe this is because I cannot stack.

I am interested in the idea of listing coupons so you can see what is going in and out but at the same time I am not sure all riders would apprechiate this as I know on a few trains I have rode there does not seem to be a lot of feedback left (recieved, sent). So I worry all of this work would be done for nothing.

I want to run another train as I have the coupons to do so (thank you to a little coupon fariy) but I cannot decide what type to run.

Also curious what others think is a good starting amount, I did $75 on my last train but found the envelope to be quite heavy not sure if it is better to go with $50 to keep the envelope lighter and limit the duplicates allowed?
    coyote00 and floweredangel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I like the idea of a smaller VWT, say 4 or 5 people and the conductor where you do a wishlist of coupons where there is no specific $1 amount or UPC and it's a reasonable boarding pass. You send 3 coupons from each person's wishlist. No "counts as one or two" etc. It gets so complicated and I don't always have 30 great coupons to hand out to a 10 rider VWT, just too much in my opinion.

Maybe I should just stick to trading stamps for the coupons I want. Some people don't mind trading stamps for coupons.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Hi all - I've just started a "chain train" If anyone is interested. ..like a bunh of mini traditional trains

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am hosting a very simple VWT Train, 2 coupons per rider, 5 riders, 10 coupons total, must have 30 general wishes (no amounts, no UPC) can only have 10 exact wishes (amount or UPC), there are no FPC, Gift cards or stamps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information