User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: A mouse climbed in my bed last night. I was terrorized by a little mouse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

While I was typing this the mouse trap set off and I saw a mouse unhurt and got away

About a month ago I notice the presence of mouse pest in my house (they seem to come and go), bought a bunch of sticky traps and they never caught anything. A few days ago finally notice a hole on the wall near the heater in the kitchen and yesterday I taped it shut (temporary fix). There are 2 mice lurking in my bedroom but a few days ago I noticed 1 dropping on my PJ when I woke up and the following day 1 on my bed...then last night the unthinkable happened while I was sleeping I sort of feel the mouse climbing / pulling on the mattress and opened my eyes to see a brown mouse near my head running toward the middle of my bed, I didn't scream but I hit the mattress with as much force as I can and the thing jumped off my bed...that was 4:00 AM ish. I couldn't sleep afterward, I was petrified and spent much of today shopping for mouse traps, cleaning while having a sick migraine due to sleep deprived and stress out...WM didn't have the fancy mouse traps that I want and only have the cheap one so I bought 4 of the wooden mouse traps because that's all they have besides the sticky traps and the insanely expensive ultrasonic gadget so no choice...Almost broke my thumb bc the trap snapped at thumb. And just now hear a mouse getting out from the closet head straight to the PB mouse trap and snap and ran away.

I know I can't sleep tonight, I am so stressed out afraid to fall as sleep, just took an Aspirin for the headache while my sleep deprived brain hurt so bad.

What kind of demon mice are those, they run around my room even when the lights are on and stared straight at me, climbed in my bed, they're not even afraid of human.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Judstir and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Crazy to think about a mouse in bed with ya !!!! keep setting the mouse trap and you should eventually get your mouse.
    hollyquaiscer, walkonby and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Ugh! That is disturbing!
    Angela273, Decaf and Shwa Girl like this.
    ~ Becky ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mice set up house where there is no risk of being made prey.
    They can have up to 10 babies a litter, and those babies can have babies in about 2 months.
    mice carry disease and can live up to 5 years in good conditions.

Get a cat.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gosh, poor you! Would have freaked me right out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My first apartment ever in Victoria, I had mice. I eventually saw they were coming and going from a hole around the kitchen sink pipe drain. I taped that up, and I heard them scratching at the tape at night. That was kind of disturbing, but I thought I was done with them. Nope, I had taped one inside my place. I had traps, which had caught a couple when the hole was open, but this last mouse was too smart for them.

It was probably like 5 days before I finally got him. I was reading in bed one night when the little came under the door. It was kinda creepy but I decided only one of us was going to walk out of that room . I put a blanket in front of the door so it couldn't get out. It was by then hiding in the closet, and I had to shake another blanket out to find it, that was was creepy too. I used a big rubbermaid tub for a laundry basket, so I was trying to trap it under that. I tried to put it over the mouse, and I caught the mouse right under the rim of the bin. I was then left with a difficult decision. Do I squish the mouse to death, or let it go and continue a frantic hunt around the room?

I squished the mouse.
    Judstir, Angela273, GoJays and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A place that I worked in Calgary had mice in the basement. Pest control guy came in and put sticky traps around. One morning I opened and heard a peeping sound. I followed it to find a mouse in the corner on a sticky mat, it's leg was partly ripped open, and there was sh*t all over the mat. It was horrifying. I didn't know what to do. Smash it's head with a hammer? No... I filled a plastic portion cup with luke warm water and submerged the mouse and mat inside, put a lid on it and then put it in the dumpster.

I told what happened to people at work, who then passed it on to the pest control guy. He laughed at me and he was like you could have just thrown it in the dumpster on the mat. Yeah no buddy, I am well aware I could have done that... I don't think torture needs to be part of pest control.

There were many sticky mats around, but we only caught that one mouse. I don't think they are stupid, I'm sure the other mice saw that one suffer and cry all night, and learned to stay the f*** away from those.

I don't recommend sticky mats, go with the snap trap. And find out where they are getting in.
    Last edited by muggos0101; Sat, Feb 16th, 2013 at 04:29 AM.
    Judstir, walkonby, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On a umm... lighter note? This is real. James Cameron did this to a rat. And it worked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19635...-happened.html
    Decaf and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

omg ur brave... i would be screaming and panicking
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Mice set up house where there is no risk of being made prey.
    They can have up to 10 babies a litter, and those babies can have babies in about 2 months.
    mice carry disease and can live up to 5 years in good conditions.

Get a cat.
    I have two cats. They don't catch anything. We have a cute little mouse hanging around that I see and hear every so often. The cats see it and just lay there. They "caught" one once but I found it dead and it wasn't hurt it looks like it died of a heart attack and my one cat licked it like it was her baby.
    anisa, Decaf, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you get a cat, make sure it's a female. They tend to be better hunters. Male cats will just sit there and watch the mouse go by.
    anisa, walkonby, Decaf and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh my, I don't think I would be able to sleep either

If you don't have a cat, maybe borrow one from a friend/family member?
    Last edited by Cocovanilla; Sat, Feb 16th, 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Ciel, Decaf and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I hate mice.

I live in a condo (Its probably about 30-40 years old) The main floor apparently gets mice in their units.
    One got into the elevator one day and I STEPPED on it. (It resembled the sound of stepping on a package of crackers.)

I broke the poor things back and it was still alive. AND to ice the cake - a man was in the elevator the same time and did not advise me beforehand that there was a mouse in there. The damn thing could have crawled up my pant leg.

Get lots of cats. And if they don`t mouse, get new ones
    anisa, DiamondLil, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Oh and stick to the old fashioned mouse traps - not those sticky tack things
    bluerose and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

A few years ago 2 mice came into our house. They had babies before we realized they were there. We tried everything...sticky pads, plastic traps and regular wooden traps. I had to throw away so much food. Finally put everything in plastic totes, even the silverware. As a last resort we ended up using poison because they kept having babies. At the final count 6 months later we had caught 43 mice. Ratak will kill them and the bodies don`t smell. We now have an electronic pest control unit. Well worth the money. (keeps them out but won`t get rid of them if they`re already in.)
    Decaf, Candini and Cathy_D like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information