User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Cut my finger open on a case of diet pepsi at SDM on Saturday morning

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    I picked up a case of diet pepsi and the box sliced open my finger. It is quite the gash. I have to have a bandage on it because it keeps bleeding on and off. I told the staff and they were unsympathetic. I asked if they had to do an incident report. The manager came over and said he had to fill out some forms (and that was it, nothing else to me). I paid for my stuff and left. It was very irriating!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Ouch!
    sarah_cio likes this.
    If you look to others for fulfillment,
    you will never truly be fulfilled.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ouch is right! I've done that before, just not in the store though.
    sarah_cio likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry you cut your finger. Paper cuts are the worst sometimes, but I think I'm missing something here. What was it you thought they should have done? I've gotten paper cuts several times by picking up an item in the store. Heck, last week I picked up a bag of frozen tiger shrimp at Costco and one of those spikey fins was sticking out and pierced my thumb (it hurt like crap too), but that's what happens. I don't think that the store was responsible for that. That's why its called an accident, accidents happen.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im a walking accident ( as my mom calls me) So I feel your pain. paper cuts have got to be the worst!
    hollyquaiscer and sarah_cio like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm with holly on this one. I'm actually surprised that they let you fill out an incident report. Just saying
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

We were walking in a parking lot once when my son tripped and skinned his hand. My husband took him to the washroom to wash his hand while I went to customer service to get a bandaid. They asked if he was ok and I said yup just needs a bandaid.

I do think the store should have given you a bandaid if it was bleeding that bad bit there isn't really much else they would be able to do. You didn't fall on a slippery floor or trip over products left in the middle of the isle or have anything fall on you so they aren't really liable in this case.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm sure the store can't possibly check each and every container that they stock in their stores for anything that might cut someone's finger; accidents happen, and that's what happened to you. The offer of a bandaid would have been a nice gesture, but seriously...I don't feel they bear any responsibility. jmho.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This thread reminds me of the time i sliced my hand open on a glass bottle at Nofrills.I was a cashier and the whole time the customer was yelling about the price of sandwich meat coming up at the wrong price..one handed calling for a price check and a band aid..turns out she grabbed the wrong package so it was the right price..

Sorry about your hand!
    Lynn49 and sarah_cio like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It was more than a paper cut it was literally cut open. I believe that the stores should fill out reports as I know when I took WSIB training they said that any cut can become infected or worse so to cover yourself you should always report injuries or accidents. I am not blaming the store but just saying they didn't seem to care.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This gave me a good laugh (I actually thought that was the intention, lol). If you're an employee and you get hurt on the job (falls, cuts, scrapes ect..) then you would fill out a form in the event of anything from a paper cut to a cracked skull. Because it is called "being hurt on the job."
    But you are a customer? The only reason they would need you to fill out a paper due to the mentioned accident is if they gave you a bandaid because they require paperwork to show why they have stock missing out of their first aid kit.
    Even if your hand now gets infected, just because you filled out some papers at the store doesn't make them liable.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    It was more than a paper cut it was literally cut open. I believe that the stores should fill out reports as I know when I took WSIB training they said that any cut can become infected or worse so to cover yourself you should always report injuries or accidents. I am not blaming the store but just saying they didn't seem to care.
    sassypants and erin9mmm like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I still don't understand what you wanted from them?
    If it was as bad of a cut as you say, maybe you should have requested an ambulance.
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    salady and Brooke_ like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, just trying to get a feel for when a store should fill out a report, and I hope everyone giggles at the following story:

I was in RCSS, looking at the fresh loaves of bread. I had just turned the corner, and was looking at the ones on the end of the display. I leaned down to grab one, and hit my forehead off of a clear plastic shield. Embarassed, I walked away quickly and met my hubby in the next aisle, to which he says " Why you walking so fast?" Me: "No reason, just want to get going"...he then looks at me and say "You're bleeding".... I had to cop to the incident, and go to customer service to ask for a bandaid.
    They filled out a report.

I think they filled out the report because it was something in their store that caused the injury, versus just a product they carry having caused the injury?

For further giggles: We went back the next day, I was showing hubby what had happened, and he then also hit his head on the shield. He didn't bleed, but I was in tears!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Once at maxi I was reaching for a resolve stain remover from high on the shelf. Turns out the bottle was opened and it tipped over all into my eyes. Had to wash my eyes with water for like an hour. Maxi apologized but said they weren't responsible since it was likely a customer that left it open. I survived tho! No pain. Called the 1800 on the bak of the bottle and they said nt to worry!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    I picked up a case of diet pepsi and the box sliced open my finger. It is quite the gash. I have to have a bandage on it because it keeps bleeding on and off. I told the staff and they were unsympathetic. I asked if they had to do an incident report. The manager came over and said he had to fill out some forms (and that was it, nothing else to me). I paid for my stuff and left. It was very irriating!
    I'm confused about this rant. What was it you wanted from them? Why do you get the impression that they did not "care"?
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information