User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Returning "Free" Tylenol to walmart?

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    thats what 70 bottles?! really i'd hate to see the poor child that goes through 70 bottles of tylenol in the time before it expires here we might go through 2-3 a year and that's pushing it
    Ha! I was thinking that too. I picked up four extra bottles of children's Tylenol/Motrin throughout the week but those extras are going to a local women's shelter. I can only hope that the people filling their carts with the stuff are doing the same.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Why donate it, when she can make a quick $200 in buying and returning? That's disgusting in my opinion, there's something wrong with people. I bought 3 in total - 2 infant, 1 child and I had a hard time finding them...now I know why

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is just disgusting. I myself only bought two boxes and I think that is more then enough. Actually I realize I should have just bought one infant and the other as a children's. I will never use 2 boxes before my daughter turns 2 (she is 18 months now) but I have a friend who could probably use the other box
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    Why donate it, when she can make a quick $200 in buying and returning? That's disgusting in my opinion, there's something wrong with people. I bought 3 in total - 2 infant, 1 child and I had a hard time finding them...now I know why
    wait....how can she make $200.....her recipt will say 52Xvendors coupon -$3X52, and total of were probably $20(taxes) only. so why would the walmart give her back $200??
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, how sad. Ruining it for everyone just because they're a greedy pig. Couponing is not a JOB, you don't make a WAGE off of it!

I would immediately contact a supervisor if I saw that. Seek out an employee in the store and have them call one. Or if it's SDM beeline for the pharmacy, the pharmacists often own the place. Management takes return fraud very seriously.

Even if I had a short bus full of kids, I wouldn't buy that much children's tylenol. Octomom and The Gosselins put together don't need that much.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    wait....how can she make $200.....her recipt will say 52Xvendors coupon -$3X52, and total of were probably $20(taxes) only. so why would the walmart give her back $200??
    You can return stuff to WalMart for store credit. Pretty much as good as cash since you can buy anything and everything at WalMart.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyMcKinnon View Post
    You can return stuff to WalMart for store credit. Pretty much as good as cash since you can buy anything and everything at WalMart.
    huh? they will give store credits too even when there is coupon being used?, but yeah that is like cash. I have no idea, because I have never refund anything that I have used coupon on....only did exchange a few times, but even for exchange, they are pretty strict on it, the item must be the same or similar, or else they will not honor the exchange, because even it only states "vendor coupon", the staff knows the coupon is only good for that particular product.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, because they don't give you the coupon back and get reimbursed for the coupon so to not refund the total of the item would be fraud on their end too (as they would get $3 back from the manu for nothing)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    huh? they will give store credits too even when there is coupon being used?, but yeah that is like cash. I have no idea, because I have never refund anything that I have used coupon on....only did exchange a few times, but even for exchange, they are pretty strict on it, the item must be the same or similar, or else they will not honor the exchange, because even it only states "vendor coupon", the staff knows the coupon is only good for that particular product.
    How would Wal-Mart know what the coupons were used for? She could have bought a lot of other stuff in the same transaction and say the coupons were for those products. Most people are honest and will let them know they used a coupon when returning stuff. If she's returning 70 tylenols for a refund, I doubt she's an honourable person. I mean, there has to be something sketchy going on, who buys 70 bottles of tylenol?
    PammieD likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I guess this is the reason some SCers have reported stores limiting them to one coupon per day.
    It's because of the Tylenol Ladies.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My guess is if they did buy these with coupons they are finding out now if they can return them but will not return them until the sale is over. I am also betting they will have "lost" their receipt.

Sadly there are people who use coupons for profit, which only makes it harder for those who are trying to follow the rules and use this to save money not make money.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Her child did not like Tylenol???? It is not a sweet treat for the kids.I gave to my kids different flavor and they liked non.Medication is not for the taste.How she could buy all 70 at first place. I do not think she could retuned Tyenol,people are not that stupid,they would understand some people try to make some money this way.
    Last edited by newtosave; Wed, Feb 27th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My guess is if they did buy these with coupons they are finding out now if they can return them but will not return them until the sale is over. I am also betting they will have "lost" their receipt.

Sadly there are people who use coupons for profit, which only makes it harder for those who are trying to follow the rules and use this to save money not make money.
    I am seeing Metro put "Metro" stickers on some items, so people won't try to return elsewhere and make a profit. Guess Metro has been burned in the past too.
    PammieD and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's insane. One more black eye for legit couponers
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Were they trying to make a return without a receipt?
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information