User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: First terrible experience with Walmart

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

hm that is my home walmart store... please update us on their response!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    stores may not get their money back. if you don't believe it, read: Gang Cut Coupons
    Wow! What a read, I can't believe stores would do that.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I can see why they don't want to take 50 + of the same coupon. The store doesn't know if it is a legit coupon or not and they probably don't want to end up with a pile of paper they can't claim back. Everyone here is legitimate with coupons but not everyone in life is and they don't want to get burned.
    strew, Crochetlady and lecale like this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sure Walmart feels that 160 bottles of hand soap is an excessive amount of product for personal use (even giving away to family and friends). I am sure that they are worried that they are going to be sold in a retail outlet or even on Kijiji. We have seen that happen with the chocolate bars from Shoppers, so we know it happens. Unfortunately with people doing things like that it makes it more difficult for responsible couponers. I guess I see both sides. I understand why you are upset but also see Walmart's point of view as well.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My Walmart has told me that they have a limit of 6 like coupons per item per day. (I find that to be very reasonable.) The interesting thing though, is that I haven't ever had them enforce it. Likely it's because I never push it beyond 8, or maximum 10 coupons, for one product. I'm sure that if I went in and put 80 coupons down on the counter they would enforce their limit.

I find the comments that 'the store gets their money back, so why should they care' show a lack of understanding of how the store's relationship with the manufacturer works. The store cares because if they are seen to be contributing to what the manufacturer deems to be inappropriate coupons use, the store doesn't get reimbursed. No manufacturer ever put out coupons so that we can use them to buy in mass quantities and that's why the "limit" can suddenly kick in.

My personal mantra is "fly under the radar" . If you really need a large quantity of something, go to more than one store and be discreet. You may have left 30 boxes on the shelf, but really, given that you needed 80 bottles yourself (and consider that a reasonable quantity for one person) what you left may not be much of a supply for a store that has hundreds to thousands of customers every day.
    I see that comment "'the store gets their money back, so why should they care'" all the time here and other forums and even on facebook groups. Drives me crazy because how do you know. I know my local Walmart got audited two years ago or so and for about six month all price matches and some coupons needed approval from customer service. I like to fly under the radar too. I go in do a few transactions, hand coupons and leave. And now I am noticing less and less coupons the new smartsource had Resolve for $1.00 off now instead of $2.00. And all the coupons for conditioner etc use to $2.00 off now $1.00. They are catching on and soon the $1.00 coupons will be .50 cent.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    they do have the right to refuse the coupons.. if they believe it's coupon abuse or coupon fraud.. the issue with coupons is the store doesn't get the money back until they submit them.. and even after they submit them there is no guarantee they will get the money back the company may deny the coupon if they feel it's been abused "gang-cut" or submitted/accepted in a fraudulent manner (coupons are meant for personal use not a company buying items on coupon for retail.. not saying that you were) but if a company feels they were submitted this way they will deny the store the refund, the company can also do a audit of the store to make sure they sold as many of the items that they are claiming for (i've heard SOF might have been audited which is why stacking stopped.. but this is hearsay)

there was a rather large incident many years ago about gang cutting and companies submitting coupons for products never sold and with the new popularity of couponing again i wouldn't be surprised if things are being ged again (you can find info on it here http://www.jillcataldo.com/gang_cut_coupons it is USA based BUT.. i'm sure it applies in Canada too)

Very interesting article. Gives a whole new perspective.
    strew likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry but I feel buying 11 cases is just being greedy. All stores have the right to limit quanities, with or without coupons and those CSM's should have checked with management before allowing your purchase. It is a ME, ME, ME, generation out there and ppl have no regard for others who may want to purchase the same item. Think of others too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information