User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: First terrible experience with Walmart

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

I'm sooo angry tonight, words can't even describe!!! I wrote an e-mail to Walmart, here goes...

Hello,
    My name is Adriana, and I couldn't be happier with the service I've received from my local Walmart in the past few years. I shop at Walmart three to four times a week. I am an avid "couponer", and appreciate the way Walmart handles coupons and price matching. My feelings have changed, I was treated poorly and extremely unfairly on my shopping trip this evening at Walmart. I was shopping around when I noticed boxes of softsoap hand soap 340ml refill bottles piled up on a skid, a few boxes were opened and I took a bottle to price check. It was $1.00, I had my coupon binder with me which included about 80 softsoap coupons. The coupons were $2.00 when you buy any two softsoap refills (making them free). Of course I started putting them into my cart to purchase. Two CSM's came along and assisted me with taking them off the skid and putting them into the cart. Once I got the checkout, the cashier said because I have coupons I can only purchase six. I explained to her I've been shopping here with coupons for over two years and have never been limited to anything. She told me this was a new rule. I had never heard of this rule, and I always have your coupon policy with me which doesn't state anything about only being able to get six of an item if your using coupons. So I asked to speak to a CSM, preferably one of the two who assisted me with the soap. I explained the situation to her and as soon as she heard I was using coupons for the soap she told me I have the right to limit items and I will only let you purchase twelve. I quickly asked her why she didn't say anything to me when she helped me load eleven cases (twelve soaps per case) in my cart, and she responded "I didn't know what you wanted to do with them". Of course I wanted to purchase them! The fact that her demeanour changed immediately following the knowledge of coupons being used demonstrated unfair and subjective behaviour. This shows if I were paying for them she would've let me purchase all eleven cases. Ultimately her actions had no merit to coupon stipulation and based on a personal decision which is not professional. If the limitation of six products with coupons was stated in your policy I would understand and this would have never happened, as I always follow policy. If it becomes a new "rule" I will no longer be shopping at Walmart.

Just wanted to add to all SCers, I did not clear any shelves! Their were 30+ boxes left. As we all know these awesome coupons expire today and I hate to throw them away!
    Has anyone else come across a situation like this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes, i did hear one CSM told me that Walmart has the right to limit number of product when coupons are being used. but what that Magic number is he didn't say it, because that time I was only using 5. any Walmart can make up that magic number whatever and whenever they wanted, is really not fair for us couponers, they need to state a number on their policy. for me I have never use more than 20 coupons at the same time......so 80 is a really big number......which walmart where you at? they richmond hill one?

i know exactly how u feel right now, I been times like those, sigh....read my signature, "do not mess with a conponer or else...." I hope they will offer you $10 GC after you speak to the store manager.
    Last edited by cinpow; Fri, Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Any store has the right to limit how many coupons you use.
    I think you should've been grateful if they were going to let you use 12.

Many walmarts are limiting coupons because people are clearing shelves & some are using fraudulant coupons.
    Or buying items with coupons and returning them for a refund.

I expect you aren't going to be happy with their response.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

by the way, if I was going to use let say 100 coupons at the same time, i think its a good idea to call the store ahead of time and speak to the manager to find out if they are allowing it and if they can put the stock aside for you. I recall one SC had her local SDM order cases of Baboo milk for her, where she have spoke and arranged with the manager ahead of time. that will makes thing easier for everyone.

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    by the way, if I was going to use let say 100 coupons at the same time, i think its a good idea to call the store ahead of time and speak to the manager to find out if they are allowing it and if they can put the stock aside for you. I recall one SC had her local SDM order cases of Baboo milk for her, where she have spoke and arranged with the manager ahead of time. that will makes thing easier for everyone.
    I have always used 50+ coupons on the same product on my big shopping trips at my local Walmart without any issues. I didn't think I'd have an issue which is why I didn't call ahead!
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I have always used 50+ coupons on the same product on my big shopping trips at my local Walmart without any issues. I didn't think I'd have an issue which is why I didn't call ahead!
    sorry to ask again which walmart was it?, because it sounds like they are more generous than the walmart I got here, mine here even got a problem with me using 5........

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    sorry to ask again which walmart was it?, because it sounds like they are more generous than the walmart I got here, mine here even got a problem with me using 5........
    Richmond Hill, on Hightech Road

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    Any store has the right to limit how many coupons you use.
    I think you should've been grateful if they were going to let you use 12.

Many walmarts are limiting coupons because people are clearing shelves & some are using fraudulant coupons.
    Or buying items with coupons and returning them for a refund.

I expect you aren't going to be happy with their response.
    I am grateful, I'm not happy with how I was treated!
    I totally understand limiting coupons and following policy, I'm upset because she was going to let me purchase all the soap until I pulled out the coupons!!! I don't see any of these "rules" of limiting things just because someone's using coupons on any of their policies. I'm upset because I feel like I was being treated unfairly from someone who had their own views on coupons!!
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I am grateful, I'm not happy with how I was treated!
    I totally understand limiting coupons and following policy, I'm upset because she was going to let me purchase all the soap until I pulled out the coupons!!! I don't see any of these "rules" of limiting things just because someone's using coupons on any of their policies. I'm upset because I feel like I was being treated unfairly from someone who had their own views on coupons!!
    i get really upset when someone accuse me of doing something that I didn't do, like how my walmart accuse me of photocopying when I didn't...sigh.....

btw, I have been to that walmart only once...and it was huge! its where the old sam's club use to be right. its like the biggest walmart I have even seen in Canada, but they sure need more lights in there. too bad, its so far away from me.
    Last edited by cinpow; Fri, Mar 1st, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why can't everyone just be fair and use a coupon or two to purchase an item for personal use instead of taking advantage of companies. You KNOW mass couponing is NOT what these companies intend when they offer money off to try their products. Buying mass product, even to give to charity, is not fair to anyone else wanting to try that product.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our super store limits coupons. I've gone in, buy 5. Put in car. Go back inside, buy 5, put in car. Go inside, put in car etc.

Once I was in Calgary, stopped at 7 different wal-marts on the way home. Ha ha!

Walmart is probably limiting usage because of people like me. I stop by the manager and express my feelings when they are out of stuff promoted with coupons or on sale.

If done properly, the manager finds a way to make people happy. And I like being happy.
    strew, Natalka, niro_anan and 10 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Adriana, your letter is well written & I hope that you receive an adequate response from the company. I feel you are correct in your feelings that you were treated unfairly... no problem in purchasing 80 soaps if you were paying with bills and coins, but suddenly limited when coupons were being used (coupons from a flyer on specific paper which should have solved any potential worry of fraud). Not right! I don't feel the words being grateful or expecting limits/calling ahead has anything to do with your issue. You were discriminated against, plain and simple. It seems crazy to me that couponers have to worry about warranting their shopping plans... especially with other couponers (so often others are judged on this forum & I think that stinks).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Your letter is very well written and i totally understand where you are coming from. I understand that stores can limit the quantity of an item you want to purchase..but..what i find unfair is when someone wants to use coupons all of a sudden the limit gets lowered. If someone wants to pay without the use of coupons they would've let her buy 80. This behaviour is wrong. It shouldn't matter how someone wants to pay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    491 (100%)

As far as I am concerned coupons are money, the company gets it all back. I think that you were treated unfairly because they would have sold them to you if you weren't using coupons. I know how bad this makes you feel when you are at the checkout and people are all around you are watching to see what you are doing. I hope they get back to you soon.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Im sorry to here that they limited your coupons , its never been done before for me but I dont have more than 15of same coupon but I can understand how you wouldve felt after getting all 80 then having to leave them. Maybe shouldve tried another store? I know its tough when they make up random rules without informing us and these rules chsnge on a day to day schedule .....hope you get a response as it doesnt matter if you were using coupons or not in the end it was a purchase .!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information