User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Have you done your taxes yet?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    If one uses the turbotax software, do you submit it online?.Havent filed in a while so a bit out of it.
    You can do both i.e NETFILE it or print it out and mail it.

If you NETFILE it the refund or processing will be much faster

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    next year i'm gonna do mine in april, don't know why i rushed through it on early march!
    If you do it in March they process it much faster , but if you do it in April or later their volumme increases considerably and they take longer to process it

Did you NETFILE yours ? If so u must have lready got ur refund
    matrix82 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t.../menu-eng.html

You can check the status of your refund in the following ways :

How can I verify the status of my refund?

By Internet

Use My Account to check the status of your tax refund for the current year. This service is available 7 days a week, 21 hours a day.

If you are not registered to use My Account, you can get immediate access to your refund information using the Quick Access service.
    By automated phone services

Call the Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) at 1-800-267-6999. This service is available from mid-February to December 31.

We need proof of identification before we provide this information, so you will have to give us:

• your social insurance number,
    • your month and year of birth, and
    • if you call before May 1, 2013, you will need the total income amount you enteredon line 150 of your 2011 return. If you call on or after May 1, 2013, you will need the total income amount you entered on line 150 of your 2012 return.

If you have moved recently, notify us of your new address as soon as possible.

When can I expect my refund?

We usually process paper returns in four to six weeks. However, we start to process returns in mid-February, so do not call before mid-March, even if you filed your return in January. If you filed your return on or before April 15, wait four weeks before you call. If you filed your return after April 15, wait six weeks before you call.

We can process returns filed electronically (EFILE and NETFILE) in as little as eight business days, but wait at least four weeks before you call.

To find out the status of your 2012 refund, go to How can I verify the status of my refund?.

Note

When we receive your return, we usually review it based on the information you provide and send you a notice of assessment. However, we may select your return for a more detailed review before we assess it. If so, and we ask you to give us documents to verify the deductions or credits you claimed, your assessment may be delayed. For more information, go to Review of your tax return by CRA.

Need assistance?

If you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The tax year covers the calendar year from January 1 to December 31 and represents the tax year for the return filed or due to be filed.

Status of return

We start processing returns mid-February and will provide the current status for your return as follows:

• Not received
    • Means that we have not received your return, or it has been received but not entered into our computer system.

If you filed a paper return on or before April 15, it could take four weeks before it shows as received. If you filed a paper return after April 15, it could take six weeks before it shows as received.

If you filed your return using EFILE or NETFILE it will show as received shortly after you receive your confirmation number.
    • Received
      Means that we have received your return, but that it has not yet been assessed.

We usually process paper returns in four to six weeks and EFILE and NETFILEreturns in two weeks. Some exceptions apply. For more information, go toReview of your tax return by CRA.
    • Assessed
      Means that this tax return has been processed by our computer system for the first time, and your Notice of Assessment has been sent to you.
    • Reassessment in progress
      Means that a change request for your return is in progress. When there is a ‘*’ displayed then confirmation numbers are noted at the bottom of the page.
    • Reassessed
      Means that your return has been changed, and a Notice of Reassessment has been sent to you.

We usually respond to a paper taxpayer requested adjustment within eight weeks and internet requests using the Change My Return option within two weeks.

Date processed
    This is the date your return was assessed or reassessed. A dash (–) in this field means that the return has not yet been received or assessed.
    You can view detailed information about assessments or reassessments by selectingAssessed or Reassessed.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Okay so I mailed my return off at the beginning of April so hopefully I should get the refund before I have to move out of my current place! I can't find my last years tax return for the amount so I can't check the status online

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Wow, received our refund already!!! Can't believe how easy net filing was...used simpletax.ca and it is what the name suggests Paid $0 to do four tax returns this year.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Wow, received our refund already!!! Can't believe how easy net filing was...used simpletax.ca and it is what the name suggests Paid $0 to do four tax returns this year.
    Yup ..Netfile is fast ..usually 8-10 business days for the refund to come

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally did mine, should get a huge refund due to lots of rrsp contributions. Gonna stuff it right back in to savings!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I did mine the old fashioned way..paper and pencil..and dropped it off at a CRA location ..drop box, which is on my way anyways ..saved a few bucks on mailing

I am using Linux ( Ubuntu ) on my computer..and most of the tax software were for Mac or PC with Windows on it

Couldn't find any for Linux OS

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you tried running it under Wine? https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wine

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For the credit-card savvy SCers who might have to pay CRA some tax money, there's a credit card option now available. What's interesting is how the person in the story wanted to get points for the transaction of paying his taxes due.
    http://www.thestar.com/business/pers...d_roseman.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Got my refund direct deposited today and actually got more back than what I had calculated! I'm VERY happy about that since it bring my bank account balance back up a bit after I had to give first and last rent deposit for my new place plus pay my rent for this next month all in the same week!
    Ciel likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Filed last Wednesday so hoping to receive it anyday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Filed last Wednesday so hoping to receive it anyday
    If you did it online , it should come pretty soon ..usually 8-10 business days

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    For the credit-card savvy SCers who might have to pay CRA some tax money, there's a credit card option now available. What's interesting is how the person in the story wanted to get points for the transaction of paying his taxes due.
    http://www.thestar.com/business/pers...d_roseman.html
    I agree with you -- points are not the answer, when it comes to paying the CRA tax money. The interest rate on the credit card doesn't make the points gained look too good, in my opinion. And the article said that to use this CRA pay option, you have to pay a 2% surcharge on top. Not too appealing.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information