• 1 Post By chillys-willy
  • 2 Post By JodyCorey
  • 1 Post By luckbealady
  • 3 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Need help!!! Shopper's 20x points rules when using coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would first like to apologize for posting here, I know it's not a brag, but I really didn't know where else to go

The question I have is related to 20x the points events at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Question:

Assuming a minimum of $50 to qualify for 20x the points.

If I am using coupons to lower my price, do I need to be over the $50 threshold after the coupons are discounted, or does it matter?

For example, if I have coupons totaling $20 in discounts, do I need to actually purchase $70 before taxes or will they give the 20x the points on the total before coupons were deducted.

I am asking because yesterday I purchased $109 at Shopper's ($123 after tax)

I had over $40 in coupons for various items bringing my total down to $78 (tax included)

At the bottom of the receipt I noticed I received 1090 base points (so I assume they gave me the total points before coupons were deducted)

So if that were a 20x the points event, would they have multiplied 1090 x 19 for the bonus?

Hopefully I can get the answers I need quickly since there is a 20x the points offer currently going on this Wednesday and I have tons of coupons I would like to use and getting all the bonus points will make it much more rewarding for me

Thanks alot
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

moving your post to the SDM forum where plenty of ppl will help you
    JodyCorey likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

On a usual 20x points day, yes, you can lower your points below $50. Not sure with the printable coupon where they will assign the points at a later date. I would hate for someone to not give you points because of the coupons. On the other hand, yes you will get Optimum points and the 20x points for the coupon value. for example, buy $75 worth of items but only pay $50 after coupons and you still get 20x $75. Oh yea, only $ off coupons get points - no FPCs. FPCs don't get points. Good luck!
    JodyCorey likes this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Jezebel for moving my thread, wasn't sure where to go

Thanks chillys-willy, that helps a bunch. When it comes to FPC's, will that only apply to standard free items without purchasing? What I mean is if I have coupons for BOGO, will the free items then count towards 20x as well or will they not count because they were free?

Sorry if it sounds confusing - probably because I am generally confused
    Jezebel and nicolthepickle like this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

YES you can certainly use coupons to bring down your total

JUST MAKE SURE your price before coupons and tax is $50 or whatever the promo calls for

FPC's do not count towards the $50 as most stores if they are following the rules ring them in as a different code!!

Good luck

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It would be a really good idea for you to bring a copy of the SDM coupon policy with you. I'm sorry I don't have a link to it, maybe someone else can help?

The reason I suggest this, is because although coupons (not FPCs) DO apply to your total, you may have trouble getting the cashier to scan your coupon.

As far as BOGO coupons go, I'm not sure. I *think* they are entered like FPCs and so you don't pay the tax. Which means they WOULDN'T count towards your total. But again, I'm not certain on that.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Be prepared. These coupon 20x days where a cashier must scan a coupon and your points are awarded later can be a big hassle.

You may have to fight with the cashier to get them to scan it in the first place. Then you may have to fight with head office to abide by their own policy.

Of course, you may not need to fight anyone!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I did not have any problems today

First thing I did was handed my SDM card and bonus points coupon

Then as she scanned the items I handed her the coupons

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes you can use coupons to lower your thresh hold.
    What I do when I do a Shoppers Shop is
    I will get the coupon items. I calculate them full price without the coupons then I know when I am at the 50 dollars.
    When I am at the till I ask the girl to scan all the items in first with out the coupons.
    Then I look and see if the total before tax has been reached. They hit the Threshold button and it will say "if you had a shoppers card your points today would be.... If its a 20x coupon your points have to be 500 or more. If it is the 20x day your points will show up.
    I then give them my optimum card. Ask them to scan it.
    I then give them the coupon and ask them to scan it next.
    I then ask them to take the coupons off.
    Once I have the total I ask them to suspend the transaction and I buy a gift card for the whole amount.
    They are really good to me there.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Thread Information