• 1 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By redhdlois

Thread: LD refused coupons!

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Hi all

I went to shop at LD and had my stacks nicely organized. They were all refused due to the fact that the address for redemption was not "PO BOX 3000 Saint John"!!!!!

I have never heard of this, I told her I had been couponing for a few years now and no one had said that , I mentioned it was no where in their coupon policy which meant they should be taking my coupons.

I even said "I find it hard to believe that coupons sent from the manuf would not be authorized on your end"....

I just couldn't believe what I was hearing....i searched through my coupons and found a scrubbing bubbles coupon and pointed out that did not have the PO BOX etc , it says Branford....and I told her I know you take these , she replied you can't stack those ones and I said yes I know but that I can still use them. I continued to point out other ones.....

then she brought her manager over, told her what she told me and the manager was like "well this cashier is our coupon person so what she says goes!" I couldn't believe it!

anyone else heard this, had this problem?????
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this goes to Rant section please

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    this goes to Rant section please
    We aren't allowed to rant about coupons in the rant because it was getting to heated.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Hi all

I went to shop at LD and had my stacks nicely organized. They were all refused due to the fact that the address for redemption was not "PO BOX 3000 Saint John"!!!!!

I have never heard of this, I told her I had been couponing for a few years now and no one had said that , I mentioned it was no where in their coupon policy which meant they should be taking my coupons.

I even said "I find it hard to believe that coupons sent from the manuf would not be authorized on your end"....

I just couldn't believe what I was hearing....i searched through my coupons and found a scrubbing bubbles coupon and pointed out that did not have the PO BOX etc , it says Branford....and I told her I know you take these , she replied you can't stack those ones and I said yes I know but that I can still use them. I continued to point out other ones.....

then she brought her manager over, told her what she told me and the manager was like "well this cashier is our coupon person so what she says goes!" I couldn't believe it!

anyone else heard this, had this problem?????
    No I haven't had this problem.That's ridiculous the ideas some store personnel get in their head.Phone or email London Drugs your complaint.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Sorry "cinpow" I didn't realize this was supposed to go in a rant section...still kind of new to the million different threads and forums on here. ( I have "two little maple leaf's which should indicate I am still a novice on this site so patience would be nice ) I figured a London Drugs forum since my post has to do with LD would make sense??? Crazy of me I guess?

Thanks for your input "Poirot" , its appreciated. I did email and I plan to phone tomorrow b/c since this has happened I have been stewing all evening and what bugs me more is that the sales ended today.
    csaund21 and thriftygranny like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Sorry "cinpow" I didn't realize this was supposed to go in a rant section...still kind of new to the million different threads and forums on here. ( I have "two little maple leaf's which should indicate I am still a novice on this site so patience would be nice ) I figured a London Drugs forum since my post has to do with LD would make sense??? Crazy of me I guess?

Thanks for your input "Poirot" , its appreciated. I did email and I plan to phone tomorrow b/c since this has happened I have been stewing all evening and what bugs me more is that the sales ended today.
    You could ask the head office when you call them that the store give you the sale price when you go back in with your coupons.You were there in time to get the sale price and use your coupons and it's not your fault they didn't take them.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

As far as i know, there are two redemption centres for coupons. One is in New Brunswick and the other is Redemco in Quebec. Both are legal redemption centers and ive never had any problems redeeming coupons from either centre.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

To be honest, LD's stacking program was great up to a couple of years ago; they were certainly generous about it. Then it got popular and some people abused it by using excessive coupons...so manufacturers started to notice, and they made changes to the coupon wording to disallow stacking.

They probably gave LD grief about some of the redemptions too. LD's reaction was to clamp down, and over the past year, stacking has become quite onerous. It's like they are trying to discourage stacking because it's more trouble than it's worth for them...and I've discovered it's too much trouble on my end too. It was good while it lasted, and I am appreciative to have gotten some good deals over the years.

You can complain to management, but I don't see things improving...they've started issuing store coupons for their sale items which make that product unstackable.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I would have them contact Head Office while you're there waiting......they are on the ball and will advise them of what's accepatable and what's not.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    To be honest, LD's stacking program was great up to a couple of years ago; they were certainly generous about it. Then it got popular and some people abused it by using excessive coupons...so manufacturers started to notice, and they made changes to the coupon wording to disallow stacking.

They probably gave LD grief about some of the redemptions too. LD's reaction was to clamp down, and over the past year, stacking has become quite onerous. It's like they are trying to discourage stacking because it's more trouble than it's worth for them...and I've discovered it's too much trouble on my end too. It was good while it lasted, and I am appreciative to have gotten some good deals over the years.

You can complain to management, but I don't see things improving...they've started issuing store coupons for their sale items which make that product unstackable.
    I agree - I'm still using free products from LD from coupon stacking a year or two ago. But people have abused the system big time and we are all suffering because of a few greedy folks. Clearing shelves was a regular occurrence...shameful! Anyway, couponing isn't like it used to be - I still use coupons but gave up with trading.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I agree that people have abused coupons and stacking in general. A few times when I have been in previously to stack 6 or 8 items ( I find that to be a reasonable amount and an amount that I can consume in 3-6 months ) I always have the cashier comment that they had someone else in earlier that did 40 items! Ex was Dove in the summer. Oh and speaking of Dove/Unilever the cashier told me that the Unilever redemption address is not one she was told they could accept? I wanted to use the 1.50 off Alberto coupon that came in the mail from Unilever and a tearpad coupon....she wouldn't accept them. Seriously I doubt they wouldn't get money back otherwise no one would have been able to stack Dove and I have been able to at least 4 times in the past couple of years. And yes I noticed several months ago we can't use the LD coupons to stack with manuf ones...and that if LD has a promo buy "XX" and get "XX" free you can't get the free item if you are using manuf coupons. Its too bad because I shop less at LD now because of that. It was good while it all lasted and I am grateful for what I got but I am really disappointed I couldn't get my products yesterday for a reason that makes no sense to me.

Thread Information