User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: some of the cashiers doing their job not properly....at walmart..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    yeah i will be very happy if i will give a cashier $1.00 coupon and she will vendor it by mistake $10.00 but i will be mad if she will enter it by .10c i will then definitly go to customer service desk...its a commom human behaviour...this thing happen with me i gave the cashier $3.00 coupon for advil but by mistake she vendore it .30c..again that was a mistake not a careless job...at my local walmart one cashier she is an indian lady but she is very well trained...when she scan the item she knows on what item the promotion is going on because she can see it on the screen too...now a days lots of things at wal mart are multibuys trident was 2/6 i was having one fpc so she vendore it as $3 not 3.68....i know some of the cashiers they even dont care they just want to make their cutomers happy...and thats good thing..
    What does in the world does her ethnic heritage have to do with the discussion?
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Linksave does not show up when you price match. Linksave only applies when you purchase using walmart prices. Shows at bottom of receipt after printed out. Doesn't matter what coupons you use, linksave will only apply if you are paying Walmart prices and not pricematching.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    ok, so the linksave will not apply with you pm somewhere, but will apply when you use a b1g1 coupon? m i right?
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    What does in the world does her ethnic heritage have to do with the discussion?
    here in Canada THANK GOD,every culture and religion has equal importance...no one is superior from any other...every one has his or her own self respect...I just mentioned it by the way...I know her very well she just came from india 2 years ago...she can not speak English very well...but she is still too good...
    momi likes this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I think Dianne means and maybe I am wrong why even bring up her hertiage what is the point???? It would be like saying that tall cashier or that fat cashier or the short cashier really has nothing to do with it. Just my opinion. On another note I know we tend to quick judge a cashier because we are using coupons and saving money but wonder if we would have the nerve to judge a carpentar, Dr or any other person. People DO make mistakes and as a cashier I know I mae a few. Our darn keyboards are so old sometimes certain buttons stick or for a rpoduce code I may by accident go off one digit so instead of a brocolli you have a cantoloupe ect ect. We are human ; )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Of course not. However the increase in the amount of employees who could not care less is really disheartening. I feel bad for those that make the effort to do a good job and know the items in the flyers, attempt to know the regular multi-buys and make the customers feel welcomed.
    I don't know if it's necessarily that they couldn't care less. Most places aren't big on training, I have one WalMart near me that gives you 3 hrs of till training(in a closed lane with just a csm pretending to be a customer) before they're on their own dealing with real customers. It's not always a lack of caring it's a lack of being properly trained, which isn't the cashiers fault.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I don't know if it's necessarily that they couldn't care less. Most places aren't big on training, I have one WalMart near me that gives you 3 hrs of till training(in a closed lane with just a csm pretending to be a customer) before they're on their own dealing with real customers. It's not always a lack of caring it's a lack of being properly trained, which isn't the cashiers fault.
    You get 3 days of training reading books and all the walmart rules and policies then you do till training and money training. I went through it all but I hated but not cause of Walmart but all the horrible customers. If cashiers make a mistake or allows a coupon that is fraud or doesn't go by what the coupon says they can get fired. Its two verbal warning, one written or two I can't remember and then fired. So when a cashier is being picky or reads all the coupons carefully and questions it and gets someone to look over it, it might be that don't want to lose there job.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there is an other experience that I have gone through...I would like to share it with my sc's .I few days ago I wrote to walmart..
    to whom it may concern,
    respected madam or sir,
    i am writing this email because i have experienced very bad behaviour by the cashier and the manager..i was at this walmart store located at heartland centre,store #1061 very first time today march 12th.i had few items to buy...i was having 4 glad scented oil starter kits plus i was having four coupons...i did not notice that coupon states one per customer so the cashier ( A) told me that i can use only one so i said no problem i did not notice you can void the other three items..my husband will buy the other one..she refused to check out for my husband she said he has to go to the other cash register i can not take the same coupon at this cash register...i said very nicely mam coupon states one per customer it does not states one per family moreover the other customer can be any person,my husband,friend,son daughter or my neighbour..but still she refused to check him out..she was giving me very strang look as she is giving me that item for free..she called the manager(B) and she said the same thing..so my husband went to other cash register and it took so long just becasue of the cashier and manager ..this was the worst customer service i have ever received..moreover my husband told me he will never take me to that store again.nofrils and shoppers drug mart is just in front of my house but i still go to walmart and i give my business to walmart but this trip i will not forget how did they treated us..
    OKAY NOW I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIER RESPONSE.
    Last edited by sam786; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have heard another story about couponing at walmart, that people are using b1g1 coupon and then $off coupon for two products...together...I have called the head office to see what they say but they said their is not such kind of policy.in b1g1 free only one coupon is allowed for two things...but at some locations or some cashiers they are allowing it to customers... here is the link for that transaction http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/344768-...t-haul-canada/ the policy should be one for all the customers...and at all the locations.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345479-...esolve-canada/ according to cinpow the issue got resolved but when I called the HO they told me the different story. they said its not allowed.
    i_forget and momi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I think Dianne means and maybe I am wrong why even bring up her hertiage what is the point???? It would be like saying that tall cashier or that fat cashier or the short cashier really has nothing to do with it. Just my opinion. On another note I know we tend to quick judge a cashier because we are using coupons and saving money but wonder if we would have the nerve to judge a carpentar, Dr or any other person. People DO make mistakes and as a cashier I know I mae a few. Our darn keyboards are so old sometimes certain buttons stick or for a rpoduce code I may by accident go off one digit so instead of a brocolli you have a cantoloupe ect ect. We are human ; )
    Us cashier do make mistakes and we are human and we do have bad days. I have been a cashier and now manager for 10+ years at Shoppers and when you hear people complaining over and over, or questioning everything you do and then when you are nice or helpful the list goes on and on. And then you are treated like crap like a poor cashier who can't find a real job and I have read a lot of comments here blaming the cashier. But we are only hearing one side of the story and the cashier isn't here to defend themselves. I take pride in my work and work hard helping customers but in an 8 hour day you maybe get 10 good customers no wonder we are bitter. Treat your cashier with respect and just because you think you are right doesn't give you the right to treat him or badly. Just this weekend a customer spit on my cashier cause she refused a coupon that could not be used for that product. The cashier was able to move but why do you need to be that crazy.
    KK7, CrazyQT, DianneS and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccafromHalifax View Post
    Us cashier do make mistakes and we are human and we do have bad days. I have been a cashier and now manager for 10+ years at Shoppers and when you hear people complaining over and over, or questioning everything you do and then when you are nice or helpful the list goes on and on. And then you are treated like crap like a poor cashier who can't find a real job and I have read a lot of comments here blaming the cashier. But we are only hearing one side of the story and the cashier isn't here to defend themselves. I take pride in my work and work hard helping customers but in an 8 hour day you maybe get 10 good customers no wonder we are bitter. Treat your cashier with respect and just because you think you are right doesn't give you the right to treat him or badly. Just this weekend a customer spit on my cashier cause she refused a coupon that could not be used for that product. The cashier was able to move but why do you need to be that crazy.
    sorry to hear about that incident...I think that customer does not has humanity...any way this thread is totally different I think you did not get it...at walmart some cashiers let the customer allow to use more than one coupon even when it clearly says one per customer...for example glade,scrubbing bubbles toilet duck cleaner and zantac..coupons they supposed to be used one per person but at some walmart locations and some cashiers they are allowing it.so the policy should be the same for every one...this thread was not against cashiers but abot their training...I don't wanted to hurt any cashier because its the toughest job. shoppers drug mart,sobeys and metro and other store cashiers they follow the rules if it say on the coupon one per person...they will not allow the customer to use then one that's how the policy should work but some how at walmart they don't...because of this some times we(customers) are unable to get the specific product.
    momi likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information