User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: rants to Walmart@Major Mac in Richmondhill today!(resolve)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is the email to the head office:

I m a big Walmart fan and couponing had been my hobbit for over a year now. I m a regular customer at my own local Markham and Stouffville Walmart and they are both coupon friendly! Today turned out to be a disaster at the Richmond Hill location. I had a $5 off glade coupon that I want to use toward the glade starter kits, and I also had the buy 1 get 1 free any glade products. So I use the $5 off coupon on the starter kit and I should be entitle to get a free glade candle. when I hand the cashier the buy 1 get 1 coupon, she said I can't use it, because I m already used the $5 coupon on the kits. CSM comes over I try to explain to her that they are 2 different sets of coupons, and being used towards 2 different items and is not consider to be stacking! I had always been able to use coupons this way at other walmart, she won't listen. I was very mad and very frustrated, I don't want to hold up the other customers in line, so I just leave my stuff and left the store. I really want to speak to the store manager about it. This store is not coupon friendly at allnever going back there.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Walmart
    Last edited by cinpow; Mon, Mar 18th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Shwa Girl and beecameron like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I also had my first bad exsperiance at walmart tonight. I tried to use a $3 of zantac coupon on the trial pack $2.22 and they said they do not allow overage. I told them I had done this many times before and the manager on at the time said its not allowed. The last time I used one I talked to the manager and she said it was allowed. I was not in the mood to argue so said I didnt want the zantac and left. Im trying to find there coupon policey but cant find anything online. Please let me know what the response is to your problem and if they send you a copy of the coupon policey I would love to see it Sorry you also had problems there

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You wanted to use a 5.00 on one product and then us a buy one get one free on the same product, that is stacking and no Walmart does not allow stacking. If you have used the coupons in that way before I would say you have been fortunate but should not expect it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    You wanted to use a 5.00 on one product and then us a buy one get one free on the same product, that is stacking and no Walmart does not allow stacking. If you have used the coupons in that way before I would say you have been fortunate but should not expect it.
    well, I had never had a problem with this until now. I had done this not just at walmart, but at no frills too and there was no problem. this is the same thing as we use 2XFPC on kelloggs corn flakes and get 1 krave cereal for free. if that is allow, why can;t this by allow.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed...........IMO its stacking.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

not allowed at my walmart -i asked once and showed her the 2 items -but then i said no problem -it is stacking and not allowed
    Crochetlady and thriftygranny like this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think when you have been allowed to do something that is against policy in the past you should be grateful that you were allowed, not angry that you are no longer allowed.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, can't believe the comments I m getting here, didn't alot of people here used the buy one clear men shampoo get one men vaseline free. Used the $3 off peelie on the clear men shampoo at at checkout and get the vaseline free. I was pretty sure i wasn't the only one here that did that.....also when we had the FPC taco kits and used the $3 off ground beef coupon..... sorry, I really don't see any difference between that situation and the situation I had yesterday, unless walmart had changed their policy from last month, because I just did the $1.50off colagate optic toothbrush, and use the get a free optic toothpaste for free when buy 1 optic toothbrush......there is lots more examples I can give here.....anyways I will post the response from walmart head office when I get one. in the mean while happy couponing to everyone
    Last edited by cinpow; Sun, Mar 17th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a CS Manager at Shoppers and I do the tills & I verify the coupons matching products sold before we mail them in to get reimbursed. To the manufacture that is called stacking and I know only some place on the west coast allow that and sometimes store do it without confirming with the manufacture. If the manufacture ever audits or wants proof that it two starter kits were sold (one $5 off and then one for the free candle) then they would not get reimbursed. Since I have been working at Shoppers (close to 5 years now) we have been audited so now we are look over every coupon and since I am a couponer I know what is out there.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

fpc's are different from regular coupons. using the $5 and the b1g1 is stacking. using a fpc and a b1g1 is not stacking.

you are lucky you got away with it in the past. but it could be considered fraud. so you should just be happy with what you got and move on.
    i_forget likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    wow, can't believe the comments I m getting here, didn't alot of people here used the buy one clear men shampoo get one men vaseline free. Used the $3 off peelie on the clear men shampoo at at checkout and get the vaseline free. I was pretty sure i wasn't the only one here that did that.....also when we had the FPC taco kits and used the $3 off ground beef coupon..... sorry, I really don't see any difference between that situation and the situation I had yesterday, unless walmart had changed their policy from last month, because I just did the $1.50off colagate optic toothbrush, and use the get a free optic toothpaste for free when buy 1 optic toothbrush......there is lots more examples I can give here.....anyways I will post the response from walmart head office when I get one. in the mean while happy couponing to everyone
    Can honestly say I never have, always thought that was stacking so have never tried. It's great if you can do that,but I am sure in most places you can't. Not trying to give you a hard time just giving my opinion, which I am sure is the same for the other posters. (just giving their opinions not giving you a hard time)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    fpc's are different from regular coupons. using the $5 and the b1g1 is stacking. using a fpc and a b1g1 is not stacking.

you are lucky you got away with it in the past. but it could be considered fraud. so you should just be happy with what you got and move on.
    using FPC and b1g1 is not, and using a coupon and b1g1 is stacking, that is something new to me.....I will look further into this, personally I don't want to get the cashier in trouble if I knew what is allowed and what is not.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can honestly say I never have, always thought that was stacking so have never tried. It's great if you can do that,but I am sure in most places you can't. Not trying to give you a hard time just giving my opinion, which I am sure is the same for the other posters. (just giving their opinions not giving you a hard time)
    I m not having a hard time with the opinions, is just that i didn't expect to get those comments, because I never had the problem with this since I start couponing until yesterday, I seen other people did the same thing too with no problem, so I thought it was always allowed, never thought it was fraud......I m going back today to my local home walmart and I will go to customer desk and find out about using FPC with b1g1 and coupon with b1g1, which one is allowed and which is not, or if they are both not allowed. now that I thought back awhile ago with the taco kits and $3 off ground beef. I did had once got refused at one walmart...if you search up my previous posts, I did mention that I got refused on using the $3 off ground beef, while using the FPC taco kits at Walmart. so right now I m getting to the confusion point.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post

My experience is that many stores are happy to accept the coupon scenario Cinpow had turned down at `Walmart today. I would say `getting away with it`and `fraud`are a little over the top! Many stores do not consider it stacking....some do. Personally, if I go to a store where they are not comfortable with the transaction, I nicely thank them and don`t get worked up about it. Whether or not it is stacking depends on how the store interprets it. If they think it`s stacking, it`s quite within their rights. If they do not, they I certainly don`t consider it fraud.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

OP, some Managers think that it is perfectly okay to use a coupon and b1g1 together but some say you can never do that, depends on the Manager of the store, i am also interested in seeing what headoffice have to say

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information