Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jessica373
  • 1 Post By CouponingQueen
  • 1 Post By c_mcarthur

Thread: Canadian Tire Rant!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I was so amazed when I saw that green works was on at CT for $2 and with my coupons I would be paying 50 cents a bottle. Of course aware they are stingy with coupons, I went to price match at Wal-Mart, well Wal-Mart had none! I recently moved to a small town from a big city and am still not used to have very few stores to buy from, so having only Wal-Mart ( bc food basics here wont take printed coupons) I was upset. I was determined to get this deal as the cheapest I can find dish soap with coupons is 90 cents a bottle. I sucked it up and went to Canadian tire. ( my fiancé didn't mind he loves the tools) I went to check out buying 6 bottles and had 6 coupons, I knew I would have to do 6 separate transactions. They told me one coupon per purchase, I decided to let them know that a purchase was and item and I had 1 coupon per purchase and my whole order was a transaction ( had to try that just to see if it worked). The cashier (an older woman 50ish) said sorry not my rules (I understood). The cashier then said "what is a young girl like you using coupons for you must have money?" (Im 20)( seeing my fiancé in his military uniform, went shopping right after work) I said "why spend money you don't have to we work hard why spend it all shopping?" the cashier rolled her eyes at me. It seemed like there 6 tiny transactions was taking forever just then a supervisor came over and said why would you do this knowing our coupon policy, all couponers do this even knowing our policy. I then told her "I was being loyal to their store". I got another look then eyes rolled at me by the supervisor then she went back to her desk. The cashier then said "thanks for making the line longer and now she has to catch up, bc there was so many customers in line behind me." Last time I ever shop there!!! I would have rather of drove an hour to the next grocery store to price match then do it there. Canadian tire - Please hire nicer employees, get better coupon policies, and be nice to the people trying to support your store because now my business will be else where and in a small town you need all the loyalty you can get. **Thanks for listening to my Rant** Walmart to this day is my go to store for couponing they price match, have great sales and have good coupon policies and friendly cashiers!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Food Basics, Walmart
    Last edited by Jessica373; Tue, Apr 16th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    coupon girl and mhmartel like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

definitely email head office about that! That is rudeness at its finest!
    maribel likes this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponingQueen View Post
    definitely email head office about that! That is rudeness at its finest!
    I agree I didn't know that couponing had an age requirement and you had to be poor to do it. It is none of their business and they really need to change their coupon policy if they are sick of doing more than one transaction per person do not take it out on us couponers. On a lighter note, Its so funny when we are referred to as couponers its like we have our own cult, Too funny!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I was planning on PMing the green works at walmart too and they didnt even carry it.
    Couldn't find it anywhere.
    I found the greenworks cleaners but no dish soap.
    Then I tried PMing at freshco only to be shot down because ''they only PM big grocery stores''
    So i went to CT after all, besides if I hadn't I wouldnt have got the ziploc since no other store carries the 40ct format.

Here's what I posted in the other CT rant thead LOL

i went to CT today to pick up the ziploc and greenworks
    now everyones whos printed the greenworks knows it prints in black and white, its not a colour coupon.
    So the cashier says to me,oh I dont think you can use these
    when i asked why not she said well ya kno not all stores accept printed coupons.
    and i said well does CT accept them?
    and she said yea but only for certain items
    I was like huh?
    so im like well can I use them or not, and shes like okay i'll put them through but im not sure if theyre valid or not.

waaa????

I paid and left with my cheap dishsoap lol

so apparently printed coupons are only allowed on ''certain'' items.. LOL
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's rude.

the part that baffles me the most is the fact that she thinks that since you are young, you have money.

WHEN HAS THIS EVER BEEN TRUE?

And even if you did, why spend it unnecessarily?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, what a hag. I'd email head office. I don't know how far you'd get since all of CT seems to suck, but that is just beyond unacceptable.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

CT seems to be very hit and miss when it comes to coupons. I have used them there but very rarely. I know even when thet are very straight forward I have had to have a manager called over.

I feel CT contradicts themselves as before using my coupons I went to Customer Service and asked, they asked to see my coupons I showed them they said no problem. Than when I checked out they gave me a hard time I told them what customer service told me and she just looked at me and called a manager.

I would email head office, we seem to have a lack of customer service in general at many stores and I think this needs to be corrected. Oh how I miss the days of proper customer service.

Thread Information