User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: TaraF Please Report In!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, Tara, that's awful. I'm hoping he has a stable weekend.

I found this for ON
    http://www.niagarahealth.on.ca/en/me...unity-partners
    http://www.mentalhealthhelpline.ca/
    TaraF, Lynn49 and Dee09 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am sorry. I have nothing I can add.
    TaraF, Lynn49, Dee09 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Yes Lynn this is unfortunately the spot we are in. He was seemingly doing alright until Wed at work aside from marks I had seen up his left arm. Perhaps a meds dosage change would be the answer but our Dr can't even get that right and with upping that he didn't even say to come back at any point to reevaluate Like seriously? As for McMaster, I don't drive and asked my Aunt's husband who is driving me if he could take the time to allow us to visit the ER and he said nope. Wow. Just wow. So I guess that's out of the question since he's my ride. Can't really get stuck there over an hr from here with no ride back.

Thank you Natalka I will certainly give those places a call and be on my Dr monday morning about that safe bed program. And thank you guys I do appreciate the ear to listen/sounding board. It certainly helps.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tara, you are like that Energizer bunny, thank goodness DH has you in his corner 24/7. I am praying that you stay healthy and strong and find a way to get him the help he so desperately needs. You sure are one cool cucumber, I'd be full of ulcers if I had to endure all of what you do. Much luck going forward.
    Judstir, Natalka, TaraF and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hang in there Tara
    Natalka, TaraF and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thanks walks, I have been letting him just sleep as much as he wants because at least that way I know where he is and that he is safe. Takes some worry off me for some time. And thanks Dee I'm trying.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my I am so sorry to read this thread. I haven't been on here much lately and was disvastated to see your story and that of your hubby. My prayers are going out to you again and that you have the strength to endure the long process of finding help for him. You continue to be an inspiration to me and many others.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Judstir. It ended up that my Dr won't increase his dosage of his anti depressant and won't switch the drug to try another. Okay. I get that I'm not a Dr but I do research the hell out of most things because I like to be informed. I don't see any of his current meds interacting with a dosage increase of the Cipralex. I fear I'm heading for a flipping break down. I just about reached my breaking point yesterday morning.

Both my husband and I have those pill containers that have AM & PM from Sun-Sat and so once a week I fill both of our containers so that it's all done together. He takes 1 pill at night (snti psychotic) and the rest in the morning so I always fill the PM spot first and close the lids and than I turn the pill bottle upside down so I know I used it. It's a system I worked out that works wonderful for me. I will than move on to the AM section and fill that. He is on 7 pills in the morning. Because there was confusion on that Cipralex I didn't include it in his morning section but left the bottle next to the pill case and said I'd just remind him each morning to take it with them. Fine.

I woke up extra early yesterday as I couldn't sleep and I decided to check his pill container and since my Dr said he wasn't changing the scrip I planned to put the pill in the morning section. His AM section was completely empty and all of his pills had been moved to the PM section. I was livid and while he slept I switched them all to their proper spots and was going to simply ask if he took his pills after he got up and was up a while. Well he spotted the change, looked at me, looked back at the pills, looked at me again and I asked him why the hell he switched his pills. He said "what do you mean?" I asked why his pills were all in one spot and first he says "they are?" than as we argued he sad "well than you must have done that but I noticed them mixed up but I didn't want to bother you with that minor detail so I just switched them". So I called him on that and said that if I'm the one doing the pills and he thinks I'm messing them up that he should bring it to my attention. Than he says "oh you must have just got the antibiotic confused with my pills". Something I put in 3 days before I did the pills. Good try. I freaked out on him. Screaming. I told him that I'm not crazy so don't try to put this on me. I know the pills were correct because I double, triple, quadruple check them and as the days of the week go on I check the container too because I check on him. So I told him that he has driven me to treat him like a child and that every morning and every evening I will give him his pills and he's taking them infront of me until I am satisfied they are gone.

He's on 1 anti depressant and 2 anti psychotics (1 at night and 1 in the morn) and these pills have GOT to be taken at the proper times and not lumped together in one large dosage. Hell I don't know if he was even taking them he could have been tossing them in the garbage for all I know. I'm constantly just running into the bathroom to sit down and cry, get it out of my system and go back to the day because I just can't handle it.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Tara, hang in there, hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Natalka and TaraF like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I think I might just snap. I've learned over the past couple of years that you need to be extremely pro-active in your healthcare so I searched out Psychiatrists in this city (there are only 2) and found that only one was accepting DR referrals of patients over 18. I got all of the information and submitted it to my Dr who I've been on his butt since about January to get in touch with the Psychiatrist. And my Drs office called today

His request was denied. I was told that this Psychiatrist was only seeing patients once for an assessment and that's it and since my husband had been to the Mood disorders clinic in Hamilton back in October that if he wants any follow up treatment he needs to go there. We live an hr from there and we don't drive so it won't happen. When I told him this is the case he just looked at me. I feel like I'm failing him personally. I feel horrible that he knows that to get the help he needs to hurt himself further or hurt someone else, afterall this is what the crisis nurse told him at the hospital. And now he's been rejected by the only Psychiatrist in the city that was suppose to be taking patients?

I'm heartbroken. I'm so upset that we have absolutely nowhere to turn. The mental health system is a flipping joke.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Apr 18th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Any friends or family who could drive you? Can you hire someone? Is there a bus?

I feel so badly for you, and it's hard to believe the ON 'system' is so very different from SK.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is so heartbreaking and yet so enraging to read. I feel for you , I wish there was something to do. Does anyone on here have any contacts or "ins" that can PM Tara and offer help? Any lurkers have any suggestions? Surely someone out there reading this can come forward with ANY suggestions.
    anisa and TaraF like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Tara I don't know exactly where in the Niagara region you live but could you get the GO bus that runs from Niagara/St Catharines to Hamilton? The referral times are much lower here and like you say, he can go to the Mood Clinic here without referral
    TaraF likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thinking of you Tara, was hoping your Dr. would have been more help, sad.... hoping the meds work for DH, take care!
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi tara, i know you know that any med change can cause terrible outcomes.
    been there called an ambulance.
    any jump in any bodily functions call someone.
    if you have some spare time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information