User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: House wives: How do you keep your sanity?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I raised 5 dd and numerous foster children, not sure about everyone else, but I did do lists and had a schedule the everyone HAD to stick to. I would make lunches at any given time for 8 children (we never fostered any kids under 7 ) so they were all school age, but always had all lunches made the night before, morning are just to hectic. Grumpy kids, getting hubby out the door to work and so on. Every day was laundry day, at least 2 loads, then (our house was 3 levels) I would clean 1 level a day, Wednesdays was my shopping day, so it was out the door to grab all I could with my coupons in hand (of coarse). I did this for over 26 years. When our youngest finally moved out, we stopped fostering and have taken the rest of our time for just us, me and hubby. You'll get it all figured out, by my best advise is to have a schedule and stick to it, and yes, make sure you have lists and never go to bed until the kitchen is clean!!!!!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Enjoy it! I have absolutely loved it!
    I never thought I'd be a SAHM, but it was a wonderful thing - it was the best thing we could have ever done both for our family, as well as our marriage.

I rarely referred to myself as a housewife - not that there's anything wrong with that word. I was a Mom first and foremost - so looking after our son came first, any household duties came after that.

My husband worked a hard, physical job full time, yet he still spent tons of time with me and our son, and still did a lot of the 'heavy lifting' around the house.

I think the most important thing to remember is that there's a huge difference between a home being 'cluttered' (lived in!), and a home being 'dirty'.

One of my older sisters gave me this - and it's so very true; it's not just babies, just children in general I think:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    what is this "sanity" of which you speak??

I like Flylady's ideas though there's too much religion for me at times.
    I second that, both for the ideas and the religion... But it's a great resource for learning how to set-up routines and learning that anything can be tackled in 15 minute chunks.

For the ones savvy with cell phone and computers, there's also Unf**k Your Habitat on Tumblr.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

read a few books, eat a few bon bons... it's all good
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

seriously tho, i am horrible at all the domestic stuff. i get sidetracked far too easily.
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and i_forget like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

It is a big "unpaid" job that is often unappreciated by others but so rewarding I find! You do much more work than you would at a regular job imo for the most part...
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

this thread caught my eye. I have 2 ds's-5 and 2.5. we are very busy and they are both super active. I am thinking of going back to work in the fall but don't know how I will get it all done??? I still don't. My advice-schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a different note, ds1, 5, told me he doesn't want to eat anymore...why I asked. his response: if I eat, I will grow up and get bigger, then be an adult and adults don't have fun...why I asked. Well, you are an adult and all you do is the dishes and drive the van. nuf, said. Being a sahm is hard work, but also super rewarding too. Good luck!
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    DH recently turned into ' Bread winner ' working 40 hours a week / 10 hour days / 3 day weekends.
    I quit my full time job, converting to working part time, once every Friday for 8 hours.
    In the span that I was working full time, house work basically got kept to the side. (I mean this in the sense of clutter being left around)
    PS. We also have a rambunctious 2 year old that keeps me busy.

How do you (sanely) manage the house hold chores, raising your children, doing things YOU love and maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse?
    Easy!! Just remove the words in bold and there will be plenty of time.
    There is not one honest woman who will tell you she did it exactly the way she imagined it, but also there probably is not one that would trade what what she chose to do either. Oops I should say imho.
    The best of luck going forward.
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You
    just
    do
    it.

I raised 2 kids, had them both in lots of 'stuff', made lunches every morning, housework, laundry, but I also had a hubby who pitched in whenever he had even 2 seconds of time. When he came home from work, the kids were his while I made dinner, then they were his when I cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes...he looked after their baths when they were young, prepared them for bed. EVEN when I wasn't working. It was their time with him.
    Saturdays were the light at the end of my tunnel. I had it off. Totally to myself. Whatever was going on in the week....all I had to do was think of Saturday and I knew I could make it until then. Two kids 19months apart, both in diapers at the same time, etc, can take its toll, so even being at home was work enough. Thank God my hubby knew I needed to break away on Saturdays...and not come home until dinner...which he always prepared. It takes two.

I see our DD and SIL struggling with the same issues...she works at least 50hrs a week, takes grandson to school, SIL picks him up after work, and she gets home when she can. Sometimes early sometimes after he's in bed. They do have a house-keeper clean on Fridays, so their weekends aren't stuffed with cleaning and laundry, so that is a bonus, for sure. But they're both working high-stress (maybe not the right word....) jobs, and she does try to take every Friday off, but as we all well know, things don't always work out the way we want. I worry about her working so hard, but .....I guess in this day and age, it takes both working to have the things they want.....what I want to know, is how much is enough?

Good luck with however you manage to get through your days...yes, it's tough, no doubt about it, but the up-side of being a sahm is so absolutely rewarding, it's all worth it. And DO take care of your own needs, too. Having a husband who works is no excuse for him to come home, pop open a beer, and flop on the sofa. Not saying he does, of course, lol... But when hubby domes home, his new day is just beginning! Mine is as good as me at doing anything there is to be done in the house....train 'em young and they won't know anything different...hahaha!!

Seriously...best of luck finding your way...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ Oh LYnn, my hubby is my 3rd child *eyeroll*

I hate the place being untidy, but i also refuse to fight a losing battle.
    R

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    ^ Oh LYnn, my hubby is my 3rd child *eyeroll*

I hate the place being untidy, but i also refuse to fight a losing battle.
    anisa and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ LOL, thank you!

don't feel too sorry tho, it's not as bad as it sounds i refer to him as my 'partner in crime'

he picks up where i come short, and i do the same for him.
    Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.
    R

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, goodie...nice to hear! And you'll notice, of course, that it's a Doxie giving the hug....
    anisa and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually i don't know whether i can handle all these things op mentioned. I have not started such a life yet, hope i can make it.
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    How do you (sanely) manage the house hold chores, raising your children, doing things YOU love and maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse?

it helps with everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information