User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Stacking at Maxi = 50 Cans of Free Coffee Brag with PIC

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It typically takes ages for stores to be reimbursed, so the fake printables may not have even come from your fairly recent post here

The stores typically batch them until the end of the week when they are sent on to HO who again batch them and send them to the correct clearing houses for reimbursement. They then take a few weeks to go through claims and mail a cheque / deposit directly if arranged. Then they return any that are fraudulent and may hold some for audit (make sure the store sold enough if a larger than usual amount of coupons were used etc)

My SDM said one of the reasons they fuss about printables is that they do not find out for 3 months or so that they were fraudulent and in 3 months they have accepted so many, they are out a lot of $$
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

PM'd you with a question. Not posting it here to get more snarky remarks.

Thanks, Yusshin, for all your help.
    Cocottee00 and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

In my opinion photocopying the same coupon 50 times is more than excessive quantities. I don't always think it's "fraudsters" that cause problems for other couponers but a lot of times it's greedy couponers. They are the one that ruin it for the ones that are really just trying to save a buck by using coupons.

Also, If Maxi store gets audited they could be in some serious trouble. Their records would have to show that they had in stock and sold on April 14, 2013 - 150 cans of this coffee and that's just from the OP that purchased 50 and used 150 coupons. . That's pretty tough to prove considering most people would purchase 2 or 3 of these at the most using coupons as the coupon states.
    strew, cbou, GeorgiaK and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    In my opinion photocopying the same coupon 50 times is more than excessive quantities. I don't always think it's "fraudsters" that cause problems for other couponers but a lot of times it's greedy couponers. They are the one that ruin it for the ones that are really just trying to save a buck by using coupons.

Also, If Maxi store gets audited they could be in some serious trouble. Their records would have to show that they had in stock and sold on April 14, 2013 - 150 cans of this coffee and that's just from the OP that purchased 50 and used 150 coupons. . That's pretty tough to prove considering most people would purchase 2 or 3 of these at the most using coupons as the coupon states.
    (edited: was mistaken on what was meant about auditing)

I don't see the point of posting an opinion if it's insulting to others. Plenty of people on SC stock up on things when it's a great price. That doesn't make them greedy.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
    rish and Cocottee00 like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

BC Gal, it is not the gov't who audits Maxi or any store. The manufacturers, as stated on most coupons, can ask the stores to prove that they had sufficient stock on the sale date to cover the number of coupons claimed for redemption.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If you read the fine print on THIS COUPON it clearly states "proof of purchase and sufficient stock must be shown upon request to cover all coupons redeemed". I guess I should have worded it differently. They may not be in trouble but they could be out a lot of money for accepting more than one coupon per product.

I don't feel like I insulted anyone with my post and I agree that it's a good time to stock up on products when it's a great price but I really do think that with people printing out 100's of coupons to use in a way that the coupon was not intended to be used is only going to make it more difficult for everyone else in the future that just wants to save a buck and not stock pile excessive quantities of one product. Maybe my opinion of excessive differs from others.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    strew, GeorgiaK and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Imo, and just my opinion, couponmummy started this thread and posted a brag about getting 50 cans of coffee. You saying "photocopying the same coupon 50 times...." is insulting. My opinion would be different if this was a thread about photocopying coupons. As well, it's hard to know a companies intention. Look at Clorox, you can print their coupons as much as you want; maybe that's their intention.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
    rish and Cocottee00 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thanks, Yusshin, for answering my question.

Hope to see you soon!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    BC Gal, it is not the gov't who audits Maxi or any store. The manufacturers, as stated on most coupons, can ask the stores to prove that they had sufficient stock on the sale date to cover the number of coupons claimed for redemption.
    The Shoppers Drug Mart I am CS Manager out east got audited a while back because of the fake coupons & coupon abuse and the list goes on but I will be nice. Its just not the manufacture but HQ gets involve with the whole audit which took our store 2 weeks. The government doesn't audit us but it does affect store taxes and the amount we send & receive from the government. We had to prove what we sold, our stock and lots of paper work. Lots of late nights which was hard (mother of 3, student & widow) and at the end of it all we owed money but I don't know how much and we owed the government money. A guy came down from Ontario HQ and at the end we fired two cashiers with cause (can't disclose personal stuff) and we ended up being penalized by certain manufactures and now I have more paperwork because I verify everything. Now we go over every coupon and we rarely except printables and we limit everything.
    I can see why they stopped because when they send in the paperwork with the coupons it might be a red and the owner of the Maxi Co will be responsible to pay back everything on previous claims and lose money on this claim. As my son said when I at work late at night doing this "they are knee deep in doodoo" Glad I am working for Target as Floor Manager soon
    Last edited by RebeccafromHalifax; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
    CrazyQT, innaor and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    Imo, and just my opinion, couponmummy started this thread and posted a brag about getting 50 cans of coffee. You saying "photocopying the same coupon 50 times...." is insulting. My opinion would be different if this was a thread about photocopying coupons. As well, it's hard to know a companies intention. Look at Clorox, you can print their coupons as much as you want; maybe that's their intention.
    We can agree to disagree

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    It typically takes ages for stores to be reimbursed, so the fake printables may not have even come from your fairly recent post here

The stores typically batch them until the end of the week when they are sent on to HO who again batch them and send them to the correct clearing houses for reimbursement. They then take a few weeks to go through claims and mail a cheque / deposit directly if arranged. Then they return any that are fraudulent and may hold some for audit (make sure the store sold enough if a larger than usual amount of coupons were used etc)

My SDM said one of the reasons they fuss about printables is that they do not find out for 3 months or so that they were fraudulent and in 3 months they have accepted so many, they are out a lot of $$
    Using your post as a jumping off point..

A lot of stores also limit coupon useage by numbers and still we see people posting here complaining that such and such a store limited them to only 4/6 of a particular item when using coupons.

At the end of the day it's up to the store manager to decide which coupons and how many and in which combination they can be redeemed. There's no law forcing a store to take coupons and that's something we as customers and couponers need to remember.

Taking coupons can mean a store gains a lot of new and loyal customers but if thier generosity is abused, then the companies will go to a policy of not taking any coupons at all.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Completely agree Darth, I just don't want people pointing fingers at certain SCers who have shopped there recently when the fraudulent coupons were likely earlier than the cashier posted here
    At the end of the day, things will always be abused, and posting publicly about it would lead to this eventually (or even just Loblaws knowing that this store was not following the stated terms of their coupon policy which is country wide)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Wow some people are never satified with what they got spoil it for everyone else
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have dealt with that thread, please refrain from the blame game (on either side)
    ~ ~ ~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information