User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: stupid transit bus!!!!!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have two kids and getting them both ready to be on time for the bus is really tough especially if they arent cooperating and making it harder for me to get them ready. I was up at 6:30am since my three yr old woke up and has to get ready for daycare, its fine more time to get ready. By 8:00 i finished everything and by 8:40 my bus comes. 8:30 i am at the stop waiting for the bus and I am really happy because my day went smoothly. I see my bus turning the corner great right on time, as I am unlocking the breaks on my double stroller i look up and SEE THE BUS DRIVE RIGHT PAST ME. I was so angry all that time to be early went down the drain. i just wanted to cry i was so upset. My bus comes once every half in hour so there i am waiting for the second bus to come around.
    Did this ever happen to u?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SFARAZ likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

i hate when i just miss the bus by a minute or two... sucks having to wait half hour for the next one... so i totally know how you feel
    s.hamandi likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes actually about 2 months ago. i was bending over to grab all the handles of my shopping bags, look up to see it go right by, funny thing was i gave the finger to him and a cop drove by..i was like OOPS. nothing happened though..
    is it possible the bus was too full and there would not have been room for the stroller? just curious.
    s.hamandi likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    is it possible the bus was too full and there would not have been room for the stroller? just curious.
    That's probably what happened, I took a public transit bus on a route especially for a college everyday for two years, I seen so many days where the bus would be literally packed full with the last person squeezing in their butt so it doesn't get pinched by the front door.

Only a few weeks ago I saw someone in a wheelchair get denied a spot on the bus because there were already 4 strollers in the handicapped spots.
    s.hamandi likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The bus I go on is always empty during the day and I am usually the only one. They actually cancelled the weekend ones because there was so service. When I looked up I was like waving my hands but I can't chase it with a stroller although I was thinking u could hahaha.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No customers

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know it is very hard to travell with double stroller especially in transit
    s.hamandi likes this.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've had that happen a few times.

Like others have said, sometimes they don't stop because they are full (especially if you have a stroller/wheel chair as there are limited spots).

But I've only seen them drive right by stops. And I've had them not stop and let me off because they aren't paying attention.

It could always be a new driver.

I feel for you. It is beyond frustrating when buses only run every 30 minutes and you have to wait.

My favourite story is when the bus that was supposed to come every 15 minutes didn't come for over an hour and the depot said that we (there were quite a few of us waiting) must have missed it. I only had to go a little ways down the road, but my bags were too heavy to carry that distance, and I kept thinking as soon as I leave it's going to come. It was middle of summer, no shade, had my groceries, and I'm a redhead.
    s.hamandi likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

it also could have been very late and trying to catch up on its route, ie. may have been caught up at a train.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Even if there wasn't room for your stroller, he could of at least stopped and let you know.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Even if there wasn't room for your stroller, he could of at least stopped and let you know.
    yeah you r right.....i dont believe the stroller wqs the issue i think they werent paying attention, i actually called the transit and complained they just took my name and number i was hoping a free ride lol but didnt work out that way
    Angela273, SFARAZ and newtosave like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've had a bus drive right by me before and it was half full...I was like WTF? I'm standing at the bus stop holding my metropass and looking at the bus how much more obvious do I have to be that I'm waiting for the bus?
    Angela273 and luckbealady like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I've had a bus drive right by me before and it was half full...I was like WTF? I'm standing at the bus stop holding my metropass and looking at the bus how much more obvious do I have to be that I'm waiting for the bus?
    Bus driver could have been gabbing to another bus driver or a passenger.Some Red Deer transit bus drivers in Red Deer are bad for talking while driving.A couple of months
    ago I was in Edmonton on a ETS transit bus the bus driver was talking to another bus driver and the bus drove right by someone waiting at the bus stop because the bus driver was distracted by the other bus driver.
    Angela273 and s.hamandi like this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i wws just on thr bus a couple days ago and thr bus driver was eating nachos and driving.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

This used to happen to me all the time !! So happy I moved back to the country..Im sorry this happened to you!!
    Angela273 likes this.
    “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live”. Mark Twain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information