User Tag List

Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5786Likes

Thread: May the Savings be with you - May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    That's why I use lemon or orange vinegar. Just soak some lemon rinds or orange rinds in a jar of vinegar for 2 weeks. I dilute it 1:1 with water and spray on. It costs nothing to make, since the rinds would be garbage anyways and it smells so much nicer.
    Thats an awesome idea -I'm going to have to try that this summer! Smelling like fries kinda makes me hungry.
    Last edited by saundyl; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: forgot my quote

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=LuvToUseCoupons;5421187]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. it looks like it will be a nice weekend.

question 1.....

whats everyone's fav frugal activity for a nice weekend......
    For us it's going to the park...Sometimes we'll bring our lunch/dinner depending on the time that we go, but going to the park is the cheapest thing were do, and it's a lot of fun (ride our bikes, play in the splash pad area, play on the slides/swings etc.)

question 2 .....
    what have you bought recently , that you are using/doing to save you money...

Well it's funny that you should ask that...after reading all the wonderful things that you ladies we doing to fix up your outside space it occurred to me that I have done anything with my outside space for the last couple of years and maybe if I fix it up I could enjoy it this year so off to Home Depot I went last night to get a few things (NO, this was not in the budget) So hopefully this weekend I shall start to clean up and repair the outside, and then having a outside space will let us use it more by staying home and not going out and spending $$.

Love your honesty about not being in the budget (lol)
    LuvToUseCoupons likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Where we live is the exact opposite of difficult to access. We live across the street from two bank machines on the exchange network so I can use my ING card there without cost. It's actually easier to access since my ING chequing and savings are linked so I don't have to wait the five days for it to transfer from my first primary account. In that one parking lot, I can access all of my accounts, which is the epitome of convenience.

I keep my emergency fund money there, so I would never want it to be truly hard to access. I may impulse buy once in awhile, but I wouldn't take out money because I really wanted a new pair of shoes for example. I suppose if I was, I'd hide money away in different bank accounts, but I find that hard to keep track of. Not to mention all the paperwork would annoy me.
    I've heard of people opening savings accounts for each different large thing they are saving for because they find it hard to keep track of their money when its all together. I keep track of my money - and what its geared for in a spreadsheet.

I Have 3 different banks currently but not because i really "want" them. I still have my credit union accounts in Saskatchewan and have to until my loans are paid off. Even then I'd be reluctant to close them as that would be closing a bank account that I've got a 20 year history with.

RBC i opened because it was taking 10 days to have my pay cheque available to me if i mailed it to Saskatchewan. This way I transfer my money for loans and savings to the credit union and my every day expenses stay local to my RBC account that is here in town. The ING account is new and really was because the $25 for depositing $100 was darn tempting. Plus the thrive account has no fees to have it unless i use an atm not on the exchange network.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    I am glad I found the thread, I was like where is everybody, not knowing that it is already may lol, I have been busy spring cleaning our small apartment and sorting winter stuffs for everybody. I like where all recipe and homemade cleaning stuffs are in one page and can go back anytime not going thru every page of the thread to find one specific recipe. Excited to join the thread and learn more frugal ways to save save save money, happy friday everyone.
    Yes Happy Friday Everyone!
    YOU AND ME likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I love puttering around the yard and garage Spend many Saturday morning drinking coffee in the garage with the radio on reading the paper. The kids know where to find me
    sounds like paradise until the kids find you (just joking about the kids)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm a bit jealous of your new tops. I'm not allowing myself to buy any clothes while my tummy's expanding enormously. I even passed up a beautiful dress that I would have bought in a heartbeat last year (in store sale + a coupon = super clearance!). It was heartbreaking, but only borrowed clothes for me at the moment.

Funny that you mentioned pizza. DH wanted me to buy a second pizza pan so we could put it on the second rack of the oven. Instead of one at a time, we now make two pizzas at once, using half the oven time. Our cookie tray would have been the more frugal way though.

Here's to a good sale on pizza pans, I tried using the cookie sheet for my second pizza but didn't like how it turn out. The pizza pan that I purchased was like $8.00 or so at WM but it has the holes in the bottom of the pan, I absolutely love it. I forsee $10.00 coming out of the miscellaneous fund for the 2nd pan (lol), gotta love miscellaneous jars (I use $ jars)
    YOU AND ME and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So my plans for tonight and most of the day tomorrow should be interesting.

My coupon group is hosting a Freecycle Day Event where people pay $4.00 (to cover the hall) any extra $ raised goes to the local hospital and people get free coffee, free juice for the kids and get to shop for free.

Going tonight to sort through and organize the tables (kids clothes, ladies, men, linens+++) so really hoping to get some new clothes for the growing weeds I call my boys in particular my 12 year old who is almost as tall as Me (lol), I'm short 5'3.

It would be awesome to find a gently used Pizza pan (lol).

I've baked some brownies for the bake sale table, seems to be the least expensive dessert that I could make (hey I'm a budget - lol) and besides I know my guys won't eat the brownies it's not their thing so it was the safest baked good to make instead of coming home to an empty cookie jar.

Also got a call from CBC News who wants to do a story on this event, yahoo (as vesper would say), 2 news stories in 1 year on my coupon group.....fantatics and it's free (it's in the budget

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Ahh...someone who feels my pain!! I can't believe it was -27 on Monday. Seriously, the kids were 3 degrees away from an indoor recess! But alas, things are looking up. Just washed the snowsuits to put them away.
    Its crazy how cold its been. Today is lovely. Looking forward to the weekend because it claims its actually going to be nice. We went out with the quad a couple days ago and got muddy...and icey LOL

I started tomatoes inside last month. Got a little excited and planted too many!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    I am all for saving the SwagBucks money, but keep in mind (unless they recently changed it) you pay a fee to move money from Paypal to a bank account, unless it's over $150. It might be better to accumulate your money in Paypal until Christmas and then transfer it all over, assuming you're not tempted. Any interest you might make with ING would be pretty much negated with the $0.50/transaction fee, I believe (That's 2% of your $25 money, but your interest rate would only be ~1.5% annually).

If you're using it solely to keep it out of sight and to not spend it from Paypal, then yeah, transfer it when you get it Also, Swagbucks Paypal is American so you're gonna end up with weird numbers. Have you set up the withdrawal option to your bank account - it takes a couple days to arrange.
    Paypal has an automatic payment to my netflix each month so It would deduct it from my balance and my credit union charges a 75 cent fee to transfer to ING....so in the end having paypal take my netflix from a different draw source saves me 25 cents in transfer fees.

ING Thrive account has a 2.5% interest rate not 1.5%

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ok that one is WAY worse than taking out the winter gear. I'm so tempted to pay someone else to do it this year. 8 month of 2 dogs worth of poop!

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Well done Jasperandchar
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Here's to a good sale on pizza pans, I tried using the cookie sheet for my second pizza but didn't like how it turn out. The pizza pan that I purchased was like $8.00 or so at WM but it has the holes in the bottom of the pan, I absolutely love it. I forsee $10.00 coming out of the miscellaneous fund for the 2nd pan (lol), gotta love miscellaneous jars (I use $ jars)
    I just bought one of those at Zehrs for $5. Haven`t used it yet.

I have to bite the bullet and buy new sandals this summer. I hate the price of SAS sandals but the comfort makes it worthwhile.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Clothing is a bit of a weakness for me, I LOVE summer dresses but I only buy them on sale. The tops I had no choice all my tank tops have long out lived their life span and since I wear them to work under shrugs or my work shirts they needed to be replaced. I already bought a few dresses for the summer so I wasn't planning on buying new tops. I must admit I so want to clothes shop right now get a few more items but we will have to see gotta check my budget, I should have some extra money since I have been doing so much over time but still I hate to spend it.

I'm a bit jealous of your new tops. I'm not allowing myself to buy any clothes while my tummy's expanding enormously. I even passed up a beautiful dress that I would have bought in a heartbeat last year (in store sale + a coupon = super clearance!). It was heartbreaking, but only borrowed clothes for me at the moment.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

jasper that event sounds so freakin awesome. would love if they had one here. although a local church does have a free day. but if your not there at like 7am forget. SO much stuff but it goes quicks. hmm that should be happening soon.

well dinner is in the CP. (garlic sausage) homemade apples are in the minipot for applesauce to go with it. will be making some carrots to go with it and a salad. trying to stay away from the cards. everything done from the freezer nothing out of pocket today.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am so jealous, I have wide feet and show shopping is a nightmare for me. I think my feet play tricks on me, I try them on in the store love them, bring them home and they don't feel the same. I have bought 2 new pairs of shoes and now I am just hoping after breaking them in they work for me or another brand new pair never worn outside off to donation.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I struck gold yesterday at a thrift store....bought a beautiful pair of sandals (made in Italy) for $2!!!! I have very narrow feet and always am thrilled to bits when I find something that actually fits perfectly....and I can wear these for dress or casual look.

Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information