User Tag List

Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree5786Likes

Thread: May the Savings be with you - May Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question 1 - My frugal activity is working, it seems like every time it is a super nice weekend and I get invited to do something it is my weekend to work so I have to politely decline and stay home instead. Everyone says it is only 4 hours but for me it always seems to make so either I would leave too late and it wouldn't be worth it or do we really want to take multiple cars and pay for gas in both so instead I opt to stay home.

Question 2 - Cannot really think of anything I have recently purchased, lately all my purchases are groceries and that is about it except for a few new summer tops as some of mine have long out lived their life span.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. it looks like it will be a nice weekend.

question 1.....

whats everyone's fav frugal activity for a nice weekend......

question 2 .....
    what have you bought recently , that you are using/doing to save you money...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I never awnsered my own questions. lol...

ok....
    1 - gardening, walks at a conservation area. , or hanging with friends.

2- gardenig stuff would be more current. but, this weekend I will buy 2 more pkgs of clothes pins fo r my line.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great questions!

#1. Doing renovations inside or outside saves tons of cash not having to pay others but it takes so much longer (l0l)

#2 Don't laugh I purchase a pizza pan to make homemade pizza and it has saved me so much $ no joke, I need to buy a 2nd one soon.

question 1.....

question 2 .....
    what have you bought recently , that you are using/doing to save you money...[/QUOTE]
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we do home made pizza all the time. and for the cost of a pan. really its a win win.
    I had surgery and was inteh hoispital for a night. it cost 40.00 for my 3 kids for pizza. granted 1 is a 15 yr old boy. but still!!!! oy.

My pizza trick.
    I freeze stuff for pizza.
    In my freezer I have a large baggie ..... its cot smaller baggies of bacon ( take a 1 lb pkg cut into 3 , ) baggies of pepperoni ( it freezes great) , and small containers of leftover tomato sauce .
    tonight we are have panzorttis. I will take that ,and the rest of the stuff I need. I even shred mozza, and keep it ready to go. make it a fast meal. and way, way, way cheaper
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I make homemade pizza every second Friday, I usually entertain on Friday nights so it works out well. My friends love it too, much better than store bought!!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our fav frugal activity would be a trip to the park with a packed lunch and snacks. Plan on riding our bikes there this summer and making an adventure out of it. Loving the DQ coupons on the cereal boxes. Youngest loves the smoothies so we will have free treats till the end of July since the DQ is near the large park in town-they must have planned that!! We also have a year pass we bought in Feb for a local Marsh that has many activities (and saves us on daycamp so paid for itself ) So will be nice to pack the back pack with snacks and just head over for a few hours. We also love hitting the beach or our friends pool. We have lots of pool party plans this summer. I love sticking close to home!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

[QUOTE=Giseledta;5420788]morning all. it looks like it will be a nice weekend.

question 1.....

For us it's going to the park...Sometimes we'll bring our lunch/dinner depending on the time that we go, but going to the park is the cheapest thing were do, and it's a lot of fun (ride our bikes, play in the splash pad area, play on the slides/swings etc.)

question 2 .....

Well it's funny that you should ask that...after reading all the wonderful things that you ladies we doing to fix up your outside space it occurred to me that I have done anything with my outside space for the last couple of years and maybe if I fix it up I could enjoy it this year so off to Home Depot I went last night to get a few things (NO, this was not in the budget) So hopefully this weekend I shall start to clean up and repair the outside, and then having a outside space will let us use it more by staying home and not going out and spending $$.
    Last edited by LuvToUseCoupons; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I am glad I found the thread, I was like where is everybody, not knowing that it is already may lol, I have been busy spring cleaning our small apartment and sorting winter stuffs for everybody. I like where all recipe and homemade cleaning stuffs are in one page and can go back anytime not going thru every page of the thread to find one specific recipe. Excited to join the thread and learn more frugal ways to save save save money, happy friday everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question for everyone:

What is one cleaning task you hate doing, that one chore you put off or wish someone else would do.
    Cleaning up the dog poop!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love puttering around the yard and garage Spend many Saturday morning drinking coffee in the garage with the radio on reading the paper. The kids know where to find me

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

question 1.....

question 2 .....
    We usually don't do much on the weekends except spend time with family. This weekend we will be in the garden and in the basement finishing up the reno's.

I can't think of anything that we've bought recently that we are using the save money... I wish we had a vegetable garden but we just don't have the time this year.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Gotta buy a new BBQ, think it is time to go with quality over price. We have always gone with one to get us by, but not sure we are really saving anything in the long run. Even the BBQ we just got rid of I saw some reviews that say if we had used it they don't seem to last that long before things start to go. Not to mention in the past couple years since we bought it there have been some really horrible reviews on it.

Still fighting with mom when it comes to the Patio furniture, she wants a table and chairs plus something for me (a swing or hammock or day bed with a cover) but I do not see the point. We do not eat outside neither of us can stand eating outside, plus neither of us can stay outside for long (my glow in the dark skin does not allow it and she has already had a couple skin cancer scares) so why are we spending this money. The reply I get is because we need one or because you have to have one. Why oh Why do I see a huge fight in my future over patio furniture.

I personally would go without all of it if we had AC and could cook inside but we don't. Oh one day to own a house with AC.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

question 1.....

question 2 .....
    Normally, I love going for a walk or a run in the mornings or late afternoon. Unfortunately, this cold just makes me want to sleep and rest. I'm exhausted all the time and being large and preggers doesn't help either!

I'd have to say our house was our semi-recent purchase to help us save the most money, but it also makes us spend the most also! You could look at it as forced savings since we do need a roof over our heads, but with the ongoing maintenance and bills, it's certainly our most expensive asset!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question 2 - Cannot really think of anything I have recently purchased, lately all my purchases are groceries and that is about it except for a few new summer tops as some of mine have long out lived their life span.
    I'm a bit jealous of your new tops. I'm not allowing myself to buy any clothes while my tummy's expanding enormously. I even passed up a beautiful dress that I would have bought in a heartbeat last year (in store sale + a coupon = super clearance!). It was heartbreaking, but only borrowed clothes for me at the moment.

we do home made pizza all the time. and for the cost of a pan.
    Funny that you mentioned pizza. DH wanted me to buy a second pizza pan so we could put it on the second rack of the oven. Instead of one at a time, we now make two pizzas at once, using half the oven time. Our cookie tray would have been the more frugal way though.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I struck gold yesterday at a thrift store....bought a beautiful pair of sandals (made in Italy) for $2!!!! I have very narrow feet and always am thrilled to bits when I find something that actually fits perfectly....and I can wear these for dress or casual look.

Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information