User Tag List

Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree5786Likes

Thread: May the Savings be with you - May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Frugal question: Do you get jealous when you see people using coupons you dont have or multiple ones or having better sale...math skills and be there at the right moment is a great factor...but this dont do all the job lol
    Sometimes with coupons I don't have - when it's something which we use a lot of, or something I'd like to try.
    I'm not into buying multiples of many things, so that's not usually a factor.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question:

We have discussed before what cuts of meats we buy and will you buy other cuts if they are on sale, but has anyone found the cut you normally buy are getting more expensive?

If so do you spend more money on meat now to get these cuts or have to found another ways to cut your costs, serving less meat, mixing cheaper items into ground meats?

Does you family do a meatless night to cut costs/health reasons?
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

How was your Easter?

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sometimes with coupons I don't have - when it's something which we use a lot of, or something I'd like to try.
    I'm not into buying multiples of many things, so that's not usually a factor.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question:

We have discussed before what cuts of meats we buy and will you buy other cuts if they are on sale, but has anyone found the cut you normally buy are getting more expensive?

I now have started to ONLY purchase the cuts we will actually eat & enjoy otherwise it was constant complaining & going to waste. We only like RIB steak and when I did groceries on Wed. at various store including FreshCo. where the rib steak was on sale but they were all out. I had hubby ready to go to Sobeys yesterday because the online flyer showed B1G1 rib steak but then when I emailed the person who posted the flyer it was ONLY a specific type of rib steak and it was $17.99lbs
    , so I called dh at work and told him to forget it. I think FB has it on sale this week, however, I have not been pleased with the fresh meats at FB in the past.

If so do you spend more money on meat now to get these cuts or have to found another ways to cut your costs, serving less meat, mixing cheaper items into ground meats?

If it`s not on sale we end up doing without rib steak, ground beef, etc....no biggie because we end up eating what we have in the freezer. BUT THE SALE HAS TO BE A GOOD SALE FOR ME TO STOCK UP ON. I eat more veggies and I always include a starch (rice or potatoes).

Does you family do a meatless night to cut costs/health reasons?
    Yes, Friday is our meatless night - normally eggs, pasta dish, pancakes, etc...
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Ah pop... how I love that stuff. I've given it up, for months at a time, in the past but always one sip and I'm back on the wagon. Terrible stuff. But I'm addicted! gives me wicked heartburn, can flare up my gallbladder if I'm also eating a bunch of other crap. You would think I know better...

I am always jealous of coupons. I have a hard time finding tearpads. We go shopping usually Saturday morning and by then, they are all gone or only the ones we don't want left. It's why I don't ride many trains, just can't find anything good to trade! I order the ones I can, have a FPC for that spreadable Gay Lea stuff that came yesterday. Now to use it before it expires.

I don't buy any particular cut of meat, I don't know enough to be picky. I do like flank steak for making jerky, but I buy it at costco so sale is not an issue. One big pack from there makes one big batch of jerky. The first one lasted us almost 3 weeks because I stopped eating it so kiddo could have what he liked. This last one, one week!! We both love it and I wanted to take some to my dad to try so there's a little bit left for him. It's not much left though lol. I guess I'll have to make more next time. It is so yummy.

I tried to BBQ last night, made up burgers, went out, lit the bbq, it blew out. I got panicked it was going to explode so I turned it off. Tried again a few minutes later, blew out again. Said screw it and fried them up inside. I'm nervous with the bbq to begin with, this did not help!

I need mustard for the summer, I have seen a recipe to make my own but am not sure it would be the same. Does anyone make their own condiments? I bought ketchup and mayo before I found recipes.

And there seems to be an earthquake... so glad I'm on the 6th floor by a window. Running away now! Eek!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

As posted by Caseythegoalie yesterday morning this article has fueled News channels across the country to air the story. So it is not just US ladies finding the costs of grocery prices rises.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/rising-cost...ully-1.1283912

HERE IS A QUESTION for you gals

Do you believe that we are out of the recession (from a couple years back), the gov't says we are but I my opinion I don't think we are.

I have noticed for the last 6+ months that people at the grocery stores don't really have alot in their carts - only the staples or bare necessities.

What are your thoughts????

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Oh, and we don't do a meatless night. Though we sometimes have grilled cheese for supper.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was starting to think I was crazy the whole house shook for like a full minute.

I wonder why your bbq kept blowing out, I will ask dh tonight and see what he thinks. I hate lighting the bbq also always paranoid that it's going to blow up in my face.

Do you make your jerky in the oven or dehydrader?

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Ah pop... how I love that stuff. I've given it up, for months at a time, in the past but always one sip and I'm back on the wagon. Terrible stuff. But I'm addicted! gives me wicked heartburn, can flare up my gallbladder if I'm also eating a bunch of other crap. You would think I know better...

I am always jealous of coupons. I have a hard time finding tearpads. We go shopping usually Saturday morning and by then, they are all gone or only the ones we don't want left. It's why I don't ride many trains, just can't find anything good to trade! I order the ones I can, have a FPC for that spreadable Gay Lea stuff that came yesterday. Now to use it before it expires.

I don't buy any particular cut of meat, I don't know enough to be picky. I do like flank steak for making jerky, but I buy it at costco so sale is not an issue. One big pack from there makes one big batch of jerky. The first one lasted us almost 3 weeks because I stopped eating it so kiddo could have what he liked. This last one, one week!! We both love it and I wanted to take some to my dad to try so there's a little bit left for him. It's not much left though lol. I guess I'll have to make more next time. It is so yummy.

I tried to BBQ last night, made up burgers, went out, lit the bbq, it blew out. I got panicked it was going to explode so I turned it off. Tried again a few minutes later, blew out again. Said screw it and fried them up inside. I'm nervous with the bbq to begin with, this did not help!

I need mustard for the summer, I have seen a recipe to make my own but am not sure it would be the same. Does anyone make their own condiments? I bought ketchup and mayo before I found recipes.

And there seems to be an earthquake... so glad I'm on the 6th floor by a window. Running away now! Eek!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I was starting to think I was crazy the whole house shook for like a full minute.

I wonder why your bbq kept blowing out, I will ask dh tonight and see what he thinks. I hate lighting the bbq also always paranoid that it's going to blow up in my face.

Do you make your jerky in the oven or dehydrader?
    Thanks - It was windy but I didn't think it should blow out like that. I am always afraid it's going to blow up lol.

I use a dehydrator, I leave it either over night or during the day. I got the cheapest one you can from walmart, it was no special settings just on or off. But it is great and I love it now. The first time I was a litle nervous because a lot of the recipes talk about such and such a temp or setting, and mine doesn't have that, but it works well, and we both love the stuff. I want to try some other flavours, like teriyaki or something.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For awhile I was a little obsessed with it. Everything we bought had to be on sale and I had to have a coupon. But over time it just became less and less practical for our family, we constantly felt like we were giving up things because we couldn't get coupons and when we did decide to buy something for a "treat" we over bought. So now I would love to have a coupon but for the most part if it is a good sale price we pick it up.

I personally try not to compare myself too much with others, I used to look at people's trade lists and be in awe of what they had and become a bit of obsessive being like if they can get these coupons why can't I. I just live with the fact that everyone has different situations, a lot of FPC are done over Facebook during business hours, I cannot access Facebook at work and I am at work so usually I miss out on these. Also there are certain things I will not do to get coupons.

Frugal question: Do you get jealous when you see people using coupons you dont have or multiple ones or having better sale...math skills and be there at the right moment is a great factor...but this dont do all the job lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I would return them or exchange them for fresh ones at the same store. Call before you go out - save yourself some $ on gas etc. Ask if you need your receipt if you can't find it?
    They are already in the garbage,they where so disgusting. And the receipt is in the mail for a MIR thing
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

On another note: Anyone have a tip to preserve flowers longer ?(the fresh one cut in vases)? Thank you.. change the water 2 times a day and spray them with water.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not sure on this as some say we are still in the recession, some say it is over and I have heard other say we are just in lull and the worst has yet to hit.

I think in general for the most part it has just made people more cautious. In general pricing on everything is going up, very few people still have access to the same cash flow as they used too. In general your dollar does not stretch as far as more and most are aware of this. I used to know so many people who were if I want it I will buy it especially when it came to groceries most looked at as they are groceries these are a need, now very few people I know can shop like this, by the time their bills are paid there is much less left and they just cannot afford the lifestyle they used too.

As posted by Caseythegoalie yesterday morning this article has fueled News channels across the country to air the story. So it is not just US ladies finding the costs of grocery prices rises.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/rising-cost...ully-1.1283912

HERE IS A QUESTION for you gals

Do you believe that we are out of the recession (from a couple years back), the gov't says we are but I my opinion I don't think we are.

I have noticed for the last 6+ months that people at the grocery stores don't really have alot in their carts - only the staples or bare necessities.

What are your thoughts????

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's a link try one of these and let us know if it works (aspirin, bleach and many others)

http://www.rd.com/home/decorating/8-...s-last-longer/

On another note: Anyone have a tip to preserve flowers longer ?(the fresh one cut in vases)? Thank you.. change the water 2 times a day and spray them with water.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, May 17th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Crochetlady and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you JasperandChar
    jasperandchar likes this.

Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information