User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: I had to show id for a coupon. Seriously?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

screamy, knowing you, you would also have not made it pink
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i just spoke to head office and the lady was so nice she said to show id is common practise and the recipt thing was a little odd. She said i was suppose to get a recipt even tho i used a coupon. She spoke with the store and for thr inconvience she put 2500 extra points on my card and if i need a recipt they can send it to me or go bqck to the store and thry will print me
    one
    Natalka and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Good for you OP! She's wrong, it's not "common practice" to ask for ID (or things like tear pad coupons wouldn't exist) but for HV FPCs, I can see why they might want to check, I guess. It would be different if they were asking for ID and writing down your information (like they did with personal cheques, way back in the day when they were accepted). Glad you got it sorted out.

Pix: as I've said before, "When I rise to power, pink will be banned altogether." BAHAAHAA!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As long as purple gets to stay...
    Jezebel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    Pix: I would totally love that, bring it on!!

Jezebel: yeah, I'm sure it raises some eyebrows. In downtown Toronto, it's like you're showing them a unicorn you've just pulled out of your wallet or something. I had one person tell me I'd made it myself, there was no such thing (and why they made it that mauve-pink I'll never understand, it does kind of look odd...) because they'd scrapped the long gun registry.

I said, no, I'm pretty sure I still have to have it to have pistols (the long gun thing was beyond my patience for that day). And if I'd made it on my own, I definitely would have used a MUCH better picture of myself! LOL.
    no kidding my roomies looks like a mug shot

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    Good for you OP! She's wrong, it's not "common practice" to ask for ID (or things like tear pad coupons wouldn't exist) but for HV FPCs, I can see why they might want to check, I guess. It would be different if they were asking for ID and writing down your information (like they did with personal cheques, way back in the day when they were accepted). Glad you got it sorted out.

Pix: as I've said before, "When I rise to power, pink will be banned altogether." BAHAAHAA!!
    pfhht I don't plan on stepping down anytime soon so pink will stay LOL

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

She has actually said this and talked about her gun permit and we wonder why newbies are scared away from Toronto meets lol
    Jezebel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information