User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Missing women found in Cleveland

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OH someone must have turned a blind eye for that to happen.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Unfortunately now some guard is going to pay the price for this. He did the U.S. tax payers a favor.

It blows my mind that on CNN they are calling this a "sad story" WTH?? It's the best news all day.
    DaveP, Shwa Girl and vesper like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Another coward escaping justice..

THat kind of out-come doesn't give the young ladies any sense of closure..
    Shwa Girl, vesper and trishka like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Michelle Knight to appear on Dr Phil

"In the 12 years of doing the Dr Phil show, no one has changed me like Michelle Knight and her story of survival," he said.
    Mr McGraw also said Ms Knight was "eager" to have her own voice after the years of abuse at Castro's hands.
    The interview will run over two days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Mr McGraw said that out of respect for the two other women, Ms Knight would only tell the story of their captivity from her own perspective.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I watch just bits of the first show, and almost all of the second. Gosh, it was heartbreaking (yet inspiring) to listen to her recounting the story.

Saddest part which got me crying right at the very end - when Amanda's 911 call was played (Michelle had heard it before), and Dr. Phil asked what she thought about it - Michelle just said that Amanda didn't mention the other two of the victims at all... and wow, I hadn't realized that.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/justic...night-dr-phil/
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally found the full videos online. There just aren't any words to describe how courageous this woman is!
    I did notice that Amanda didn't mention the other two when the story first came out. I can understand Michelle's reaction. Castro had set the women against each other and Michelle bore the brunt of the abuse.
    To me Amanda just sounds so panicked on the phone! At that point she hadn't known any measure of safety in 10 years and had no idea when Castro would be back. Her priority was getting the police there as soon as possible.
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I finally found the full videos online. There just aren't any words to describe how courageous this woman is!
    I did notice that Amanda didn't mention the other two when the story first came out. I can understand Michelle's reaction. Castro had set the women against each other and Michelle bore the brunt of the abuse.
    To me Amanda just sounds so panicked on the phone! At that point she hadn't known any measure of safety in 10 years and had no idea when Castro would be back. Her priority was getting the police there as soon as possible.
    Also self preservation is the number one instinct of human beings.If you don't help yourself first you can't help others.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Nov 9th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
    abbasgirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Also self preservation is the number one instinct of human beings.If you don't help yourself first you can't help others.
    I agree. From the stories that are coming out, all 3 women used whatever strategies they could to cope with a horrific situation and all of their strategies were different. All of them were victims and none of them should be blamed in any way for doing what they had to do.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw most of the interview between Dr. Phil and Michelle. Very sad and horrible what they endured. Michelle is a courageous young woman. Despite what she endured, I can see the 'lion' in her. I'm glad Dr. Phil set up a foundation to help raise money for her. She deserves every bit. It sounds as though she had a tough life before she was kidnapped. I hope she continues to prosper along with the other survivors.

She inspired me. I'm hoping others who have dealt with ordeals will feel the same , and realize they too can keep prospering.
    Last edited by toban; Sat, Nov 9th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I didn't watch, to be honest I didn't really want to know a lot. I have enough unpleasant things in my head some days. I hope these women can get past this.

I hate to be judgmental of people who have gone through so much. But of all people to share your story with, why Dr. Phil? I'm really not a fan of his anyhow, he just seems so commercial, not so much out to help people but to commercialize their experience. The thing that keeps going through my head, was he the highest bidder?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Michelle is someone who has known a lot of cruelty and not a lot of kindness. Whatever else can be said about Dr Phil, he did show her a lot of compassion. A lot of unkind and untrue things have been said or implied about Michelle through the media. This was her chance to tell her story and set the record straight. In her own words, "I'm finally being heard."
    I'm sure she was paid very well for the interviews and she deserves every penny.
    Natalka, walkonby and toban like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Book deal for Michelle, at least she can live a little better for the rest of her life, although no amount of money will take away the horror of what happened. I hope she makes a fortune.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...s_to_book.html

NEW YORK — One of three young women held captive for years in a Cleveland house has a book deal.
    Michelle Knight's memoir is scheduled to come out next spring, publisherWeinstein Books announced Monday. The book is currently untitled and will be co-written by Michelle Burford, who worked on Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas' memoir.
    "I want to give every victim of violence a new outlook on life," Knight said in a statement provided to the Associated Press by the publisher. "Victims need to know that no matter how hard it rains in the darkness, they will have the strength and courage that God gave them when they were born to rise above and overcome any obstacle that stands in their way."
    abbasgirl and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree, Patty - good for her, she's an amazing woman.
    abbasgirl and Patty Smyth like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information