Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Missing women found in Cleveland

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

That monster is pleading not guilty....I have no words

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's crazy Vee - there may be added charges, even aggravated murder, so it's unfortunately common to plead not guilty... - esp. if he faces the death penalty.

(kidnapper's lawyers) Mr Weintraub contended that his client “loves dearly” the daughter he fathered on Ms Berry, while she was his prisoner.

“If people find that to be a disconnect from what he’s alleged to have done then the people will have to deal with it,” Mr Schlachet added. “We just know how he feels about his little girl.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8617877.html
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I try to be a good person and not wish death on anyone, but if I wasn't....he'd be on the top of my list for a good 'ol single bullet.
    Patty Smyth, DaveP and walkonby like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It's crazy Vee - there may be added charges, even aggravated murder, so it's unfortunately common to plead not guilty... - esp. if he faces the death penalty.

(kidnapper's lawyers) Mr Weintraub contended that his client “loves dearly” the daughter he fathered on Ms Berry, while she was his prisoner.

“If people find that to be a disconnect from what he’s alleged to have done then the people will have to deal with it,” Mr Schlachet added. “We just know how he feels about his little girl.”
    He can always Plea Bargin afterwards...reduced tariff for saving time and money. I feel sorry for his lawyers, though. Trying to defend him is going to be hard.

Am I the only one thinking he was planning a new generation of abused girls starting with Ms Berry's daughter??
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It gets worse, Hon.....sylvia browns (that ugly "psychic"), told Amanda Berry's Mother on a talk show that her daughter
    was DEAD. Louanna Miller died at 44 years old of a heart attack...some believe it was heart-break.
    "The grieving mother gave away her daughter's computer and took down her pictures.

Oh I despise these psychics so much!

Back a few years ago, when a serial killer was haunting Edmonton, a few different psychics were contacting families and police to solve this. It turned out, there was 2 different killers, none of the psychics predictions were remotely close! It got to the point, project KARE had to visit these psychics and tell them to stick a cone in there mouth!
    Lynn49, DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I believe some people have psychic abilities but I've never believe Sylvia Brown had the gift. Call me psychic.
    She did manage to get the description of that monster right though and she was right that Amanda's mother would only see her on the "other side".
    I like to think her mom's been leading her to her freedom from the other side. Nothing on earth is more powerful than a mother's love for her child. That little baby Amanda gave birth to on Christmas day probably had a big part in saving all of them too.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ariel Castro faces 329 charges in Cleveland missing women case

A man accused of holding three women captive in his run-down home in Cleveland for a decade and fathering a child with one of them has been indicted on 329 charges including murder, kidnapping and rape, prosecutors said.

A Cuyahoga County grand jury returned the indictment Friday against Ariel Castro.

The grand jury charged Castro with two counts of aggravated murder related to one act, saying he purposely caused the unlawful termination of one of the women's pregnancies. Castro also was indicted on 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.

Castro will be arraigned on the charges next week, and a trial judge will then be assigned.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...stro-ohio.html

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The county prosecutor's office said it would consider whether the case is "appropriate" for pursuit of the death penalty.

Legal experts said the murder case will be complicated by a lack of physical evidence of the miscarriage and medical records. The case could hinge on whether Castro's three victims testify about Knight's treatment, experts say.

"There has not been a case tried like this in Ohio before," said Michael Benza, senior lecturer at Case Western Reserve University School of Law.

Benza said prosecutors may be using the possibility of the death penalty as "a bargaining chip" to avoid a trial, which might require the women to testify.

Ohio is one of 38 states to have a fetal homicide law, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. The law in Ohio makes it a crime to murder a person "who is or was carried in the womb of another."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,5803899.story

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no matter what... this guy will never ever be free again. any jury, or judge if he elects to be tried by a judge, will ensure he never gets out based on the kidnapping charges and mitigating circumstances.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Castro ruled competent for "kidnap den" trial

An Ohio man accused of raping and holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has been found competent to stand trial.
    A judge ruled Ariel Castro understood the charges against him and could assist his lawyers.
    Mr Castro was arrested in May after one of the women allegedly held in his Cleveland house escaped.
    He has pleaded not guilty to 329 charges, including multiple counts of rape, kidnapping and aggravated murder.
    The murder charges relate to Mr Castro's alleged starving and beating of a pregnant captive until she miscarried.
    The accused, a 52-year-old former school bus driver, is in custody in lieu of $8m (£5m) bail.
    He could face the death penalty or the rest of his life in prison if convicted.
    Mr Castro's lawyers have previously hinted they would offer a guilty plea if the prosecutor agreed not to seek the death penalty.

eta

During the hearing on Wednesday, Mr Castro asked for permission to visit the six-year-old girl he fathered with one of the women.
    "I just think that would be inappropriate," Judge Michael Russo said, denying the request.
    my mind is boggled WTF would he or his lawyers think that's in any way acceptable???
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Jul 3rd, 2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: eta mindbogglingness
    Natalka and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

arrogant freak!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Amazing story!

Three Cleveland women, found alive after vanishing for about a decade in their own neighborhood, were freed from a house that authorities tried to visit several years ago, police said on Tuesday.
    Ohio women thank people for their help, with a video
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ctims/2501097/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks Shwa Girl - wow, powerful video, especially the words from Michelle.

I pray they have peace.... somehow.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Number of charges go up -

A Cuyahoga County grand jury indicted Castro on 977 charges Friday, prosecutor Timothy McGinty said.

In addition to the 512 counts of kidnapping, 446 counts of rape and seven counts of sexual abuse, Castro is also charged with two counts of aggravated murder for allegedly beating one of the women so severely that she lost a pregnancy. He also faces six counts of assault, three counts of child endangerment and one count of possessing criminal tools.

Castro, who had pleaded not guilty to the earlier charges, will be arraigned on the new charges July 17. Jury selection is scheduled to begin Aug. 5.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-rape/2513199/

The earlier 329 counts were for the first four years of their captivity; the amended charges cover the entire period of captivity from August, 2002.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This is soooo very sad..poor woman..

The youngest of the three girls held captive in Cleveland wants to go to the Prom and Valentine’s Dance that she missed out on when she was snatched off the street to be raped and chained up for more than a decade.
    A close family friend said Gina DeJesus still views the world through the eyes of a 14-year-old and is determined to recreate some of the biggest events that other, normal teenagers enjoyed.

MailOnline has also learned horrific new details about her captivity and how alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro covered her head every time he allegedly raped her.
    This was because she was so young and was the best friend of his daughter when he allegedly snatched her off the street, according to the close family friend.

Castro knew Gina’s family well and he felt ‘bothered’ by her face but did not do the same to his other alleged victims, Michelle Knight and Amanda Berry.

She misses Castro because she was used to being around him

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information