User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Canada Post rant! Why did you drive up to my door and NOT attempt delivery?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have a shipment that was suppose to be delivered yesterday. Postman didn't show up so 1 day late. Today I have been waiting all morning and in the afternoon I heard the sound of a truck, peering through the window I saw the delivery truck with driver seating in the truck...so I came down stair check again and he's approaching the door. I don't want to be rude and open the door and startle him but as soon as he turn around to return to his truck I opened the door to get my parcel. THERE WERE NO FREAKING PARCEL and the guy took off when he saw me at door. I was so livid I swore out loud. The S.0.B. DIDN'T ring the door bell, just ASSUMED nobody was home and left me a pick up card. I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to pick it up. What's the hell's wrong with CP employee? You drove to my house at least attempt to deliver, ring the freaking doorbell, you're suppose to leave those pick up card if no one answer, not assuming no home or you don't even know how to ring a door bell? What about knocking on the door?

Sorry I have to get this out of my system.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Canada Post
    matrix82 and JennyFromTheRock like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

happens here all the time. hubby was waiting for something via express post and tracked it. said out for delivery and he waits for the mailman and the mailman says he already dropped it off at Shoppers. Hubby was pissed cause how did he try he didn't do anything. they are slacking more and more now.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Cp sucks.

Thats happened to me a number of times. I filed a complaint and do you know what he did today?!?! He rang my doorbell 4 times really fast, I ran to the door and no one was there. He left the package on my doorstep and was getting into his van to drive off. The worst part was ds had just went down for a nap and was woken up. GRR.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 2
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

OMG! So I am not the only one having problem here. I thought he just singled me out for some reason. Whenever there`s a register letter which I was not aware of I always get a pick up card. For my online purchases I track it online. Sometimes a different driver just dropped it off at front door then took off without ringing the door bell, but at least at soon as I saw the delivered status I ran down a grab my stuff. This particular driver didn't bother getting stuff out of the truck to attempt delivery.

I missed the good old day when Yves Rocher using UPS, my order arrived the next day, UPS guy always stashed my parcel behind screen door, ring the door bell, wait a bit until I open the door before leaving.
    Last edited by Decaf; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Oh I hate that!!! I had a rant in Xmas about this!! Driving right past my house and leaving a parcel card in the community boxes across the street!! It sucked cause I had so many packages arriving in December with Xmas and stuff, my husband was up north and it was minus 1,000,000 degrees here and every time he got lazy and "failed delivery attempt" when he really didnt even try, I had to pack up 3 kids and go to the post office. Gosh I get mad at canada post sometimes!! lol
    matrix82 and Decaf like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Things like this is why I'm glad CP don't deliver large parcels round here and I have to go and get them from the PO. I'm not worrying about them leaving them anywhere or dropping off a card somewhere round the door.

MY UPS guy is great. If I'm not in he'll return later , one time he must have come after his shift was finished so I could have my children's Christmas pressies before the big day. He dropped them off at 7.30 pm 23rd Dec hiding them in the tempo so I could bring them in when I was child-free..
    GoJays, Decaf and Cocottee00 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

OP, have you phoned and complained yet to the station where your mail comes out of ? ( and where your postie works out of)
    Ranting here is fine, many others seem to be having that exact issue with supposed " attempts " of parcels and registered items but unless CP gets the complaints repeatedly LOUD and CLEAR from their customers nothing will change.

Side note, there are more good than bad carriers I can assure you of that, so help CP weed out those bad apples please. Don't just sit and stew, follow up, make them provide you with actual service.
    lilo0003, Decaf, Candini and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Something like this happened last month and I ranted to my friend who works for CP (in a non-mail-delivery office role). She told me that this is caused by the delivery system mandating that large packages go straight to the nearest postal pick-up location (because they're defined as too heavy/large for carriers) but that they are tracked/reported as "attempted delivery/failed" in all but the biggest cities, thanks to the new tracking system.

So, basically, if you live in anything but the biggest cities and a few other areas where the tracking info is set up to track individual delivery trucks, you'll get a notification of an attempted delivery/failure at the exact time the postal worker is scanning the big package to go on the truck to your nearby postal depot. Then the carrier for your route takes the parcels that will be actually delivered (darned few!) to your street or super-mailbox along with the failed delivery notice to put in your box or hang on your front door.

I just wish that, instead of that "attempted delivery/failure" notice, I could get the tracking to say "Your parcel is being delivered to [insert local postal station here], stop by after [whatever time] to pick up your package." Then I wouldn't have to wait another day after I get the paper notice before I could pick up the parcel at the office!
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My parcel is small and light (4 bars of soaps) and he drives a delivery truck so I don't understand his reason, may be if he keep having non-deliver and re-direct the parcels to the different postal outlet he'll get paid overtime?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This happens all the time at my apartment. The worst part is that they can't be bothered to leave the card either. We get the card 1-2 days later that says "attempted delivery", except when I check my phone history the buzzer was not rung, or I happened to have been home the day they tried to deliver. They can't be bothered to leave the card the say the parcel was "attempted".
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I get the delivery notices to pick up for anything that wont fit into my mail slot. My mail service is all over the place. At my parents they get their mail everyday around 10am. My mail comes anytime between 9:30am-7:00pm depending on holidays and which way the mail man does his route :0. I think my building must be at the end because of the crazy time difference. I never know when it will show up so it sucks if I am waiting for something.
    Decaf likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Cp sucks.

Thats happened to me a number of times. I filed a complaint and do you know what he did today?!?! He rang my doorbell 4 times really fast, I ran to the door and no one was there. He left the package on my doorstep and was getting into his van to drive off. The worst part was ds had just went down for a nap and was woken up. GRR.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 2
    i hate it when that happens. or like when the regular postal delivery rings the bell after an awful morning of temper tantrums from my son. ah well. its not like they know. i find the truck deliveries just drop stuff on my stoop without ringing or they will knock really loud then leave the thing on the stoop. no real customer service.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just received a completely open cardboard envelope today, the whole side was sliced open.
    Decaf likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think those delivery issues need to be put through the complaints process, as well as the link (printed on post office receipts lately) on the future of the postal service. http://www.canadapost.ca/ext/en/future/?page_id=2

It seems to me that the mail service is still in turmoil after the changes made in the name of system renewal.
    walkonby and Decaf like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I remember once when I was living in Gatineau and it was Xmas time. My mom when she was alive would send my Xmas gifts via CP or Puralotor (reason cause the depot to pick up parcels from Fed Ex etc was near Ottawa airport and she didn't want me to travel during the Xmas time). I tracked it all, sitting in living room watched him bring the attempt delivery papers. He never even knocked on my door and I walked out said nicely wtf you didn't even knock or attempt plus it wasn't cold and my front door is close to the road. He huffed, gave me my 4 boxes and I took him name and even license plate. Made a complaint and my mom got a phone call and apology - she said she got a gift card but I don't remember which one.
    walkonby and Decaf like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information