User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Extremely overpriced merchandise.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So I've been on the hunt for a while now for a new laptop bag. (and by a while I mean at least five months). I know what I'm looking for - something black, professional looking but also feminine and I want it to be like a shoulder bag - not a cross body bag but one that I can just throw over my shoulder like I do my purse. Definitely not one that looks like a mans briefcase, or for that matter, a briefcase in any way.

I can't find them anywhere! I've looked high and low, and they're nowhere to be found in this town. This past weekend I wandered into a small town shop (just out of boredom from the long weekend) and BAMMMM there it is. I was so happy I felt like I won the lottery. I didn't look to see it's brand or anything - (thinking of it now I really should of just to look up online why it was sooo damn expensive). I just saw it, loved it and took it right up to the till.

$287 dollars! For a laptop bag! I couldn't believe it. I was so heartbroken I just told her I didn't have the money and walked away. I'm mad it was that expensive, but at the same time, mad at myself that I couldn't justify spending that much money. I was thinking ya know like 50 or 60 bucks and I was okay with that. Not almost 300. For a laptop bag! I really want to go back there now and find out what kind of bag it was but I'm too ashamed I just walked out of the store like that. Seriously though, cloth and zippers, 300 bucks. Who'da thunk it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's insane! You could almost buy a new laptop for that price.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Ugh,tell me about it! If I were you I would skip the laptop bag and come up with some alternative until you can find a decent priced one.

Everything I look at nowa days, i just end up totally wasteing my money on stuff or waiting like a year to buy!! I don't know how people live these days anymore! I don't even think I can spend anything else until June something I am so overbudget right now just from buying dd (and myself) from buying some half decent clothes for the summer that fit.

I am so sick of everything being so overpriced, it is unbeliveable. I hear ya !
    gourmetsue likes this.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Try amazon.ca.

I typed in "laptop tote" or "laptop purse" and a bunch of purse like laptop bags came up that are more reasonably priced. Free shipping on a lot of them too!
    GoddessDigi and luckbealady like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Costco....Kenneth Cole, professional looking, genuine leather ladies laptop bag/tote for $45. Loved it when I laid eyes on it and I've been stopped and asked where I bought it!
    happy_me24 and Girlyone123 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Must have been a designer one. I'm curious what it was now lol. Coach makes some nice once that are around $300, but they are only sold through coach stores. I hope you can find what your looking for without having to break the bank!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I definitely feel you on this one, I recently spotted this gym bag that was gorgeous. I wanted it the moment I saw it. I came to terms with the fact that it was probably going to cost me about $70 and decided I was okay with it. When I checked the price it was $150...such a bummer cause in my mind I had already purchased it. Still think about that bag...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ebay saves me tons of $$$ on those kinds of things. I bought a nice camera bag for $20 on there. It retails almost $200 in one store... pretty insane considering they all come from china anyways.
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I always try to look on ebay if I can wait a couple of weeks for it to be shipped. I recently needed ribbon for a project. For the amount I needed I was able to get 8x the amount from a supplier in China (for less money) instead of buying at the craft store here. It was worth the wait. Also try kijiji.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

And sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. I bought a very feminine briefcase on vacation 22 years ago. Cost a fortune but I still use it and love it.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I was just going to recommend the exact same bag! I love Costco

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Costco....Kenneth Cole, professional looking, genuine leather ladies laptop bag/tote for $45. Loved it when I laid eyes on it and I've been stopped and asked where I bought it!
    I love couponing!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

While I agree that most things these days are over priced, a good, well crafted, classic style bag will last forever and is well worth the money.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Wowzers....I would have guessed Coach, but since it wasn't a Coach store, not sure.

It's crazy, but there's a lot of people who would buy that bag (lawyers, doctors) because it's probably very expensive looking, and sometimes looks are what it's about!

But....I can't say much because I REALLY want the Coach diaper bag when I get preggers with our first....will I fork over the money for it?? Probably not, but it's really really nice lol. (Maybe the outlet will carry one!! A girl can dream.....)

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Wow, I got mine for $10 from The Source over a year ago in a clearance sale. Its strap is adjustable, multipocketed inside and I could use it like a purse. Its cloth/mesh though.

Granted, I really only use mine when we're going away for the day and I have stuff to do.

You'll find the right bag, or the right bag will find you I found mine when I wasn't looking!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I wish I could go to Costco now and see what that bag looks like. I don't know anyone with a membership

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information