User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I wonder what would happen??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I really really want to know what would happen if one day a mob of couponers suddenly converged on a random Wal-Mart every now and then to teach them we are here and not going away?
    I hear people whine about the person in front of them using a lot of coupons and they don't know why we have to hold up the line. Well I point out if the cashier was trained properly there would be minimal hold up.
    I hear we only want free stuff and I point out that the companies make it easy for us to get free stuff or next to free with the coupons they release, who doesn't like free stuff?!?!?! We didn't make the coupons.
    I have heard couponers are greedy because they clear the shelves, there is a bad apple in every bunch and there is not a lot we can do about it. It is not a widely use practice as we do like to share. How do you think I got my coupons to start with.
    I have gone to Wal-Mart with coupon policy in hand to fight and possibly educate someone on coupons. I have actually directed a manager as to where in his office he can find his own copy of the coupon policy.
    I am sick of being excited to go shopping and showing my 14 year old how to save money to get to the register and have a cashier full of attitude and dirty looks. Do you think my daughter wants to use coupons now? NOPE.. she will eventually be on her own and needs to learn real life skills.
    Was it this way when our parents shopped?
    Ok this is my little rant for today
    <3
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Walmart
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry that you've been having trouble shopping with coupons; it sure can be frustrating at times.

However, Walmart is just one store I pretty much stay away from; I shop where my custom is appreciated!

Don't stop teaching your daughter! Just find a better place to shop! That's what I've done with my son - now he knows where to use coupons to not be hassled, etc.

I always say, if you're not happy, vote with your feet!

And, no, it wasn't this way with coupons previously - mostly because coupons frankly were few and far between a few decades ago.
    KK7 and gourmetsue like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

the only Wal-Mart I have never had a problem with is Pickering, I will pick and chose my cashiers but overall never an issue!! I just can't always get there to shop. I will keep teaching my daughter and show her it isn't all bad. She sees all the stuff we have stocked piled and shows her friends.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've got my hubby trained. He has no shame and will use coupons whenever we can. He always asks before he heads out to the grocery store "do you have a coupon for that" He actually went looking for more smartsource coupons so he could get more FREE Sweet Baby Rays. I'm so lucky! He does half the work for me now.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Flash Mobs can be fun.... the video could go viral on You Tube! *GRINS*
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post

^^I like it!!

I get weird looks all the time for using coupons....I even had a cashier say to me "aren't you too young to use coupons??" HAHAHA!!! This was a couple years ago....I just kinda looked at her and said "uummm no.."

I love couponing...I love the thrill of the deal and then bragging about it to hubby who is patient enough to listen to me! And now he reminds me to take my coupon binder if I'm rushing out and forget it to grab it (he'd rather not have to drive back for it lol).

I love saving money and sharing the savings with family, friends, and those who might be in hard times....and if cashiers don't want to save money, fine. But their job is to take our coupons, and they should do it with a smile because I always give them a smile when I hand them my little stack.

As for the other customers....meh...whatever. It used to bother me, but now I ignore them because chances are they're never going to see me again, and when I hear that they spent $21 on a body wash, kleenex, and Tylenol, then I can laugh inside because I probably could've bought it all for $5.00 or less.
    coupon girl likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

love the idea of a flash mob!
    I do coupon for more then my household, I coupon for my parents, in-laws, siblings (6 sisters) and their families both on the Canadian and American side. I donate and love it!
    GeorgiaK likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Roberts View Post
    love the idea of a flash mob!
    I do coupon for more then my household, I coupon for my parents, in-laws, siblings (6 sisters) and their families both on the Canadian and American side. I donate and love it!
    I do the same. I am now able to give back to my in-laws, parents, sisters and a lot to charity. Never was able to do that before couponing.

I look at what other people pay for stuff and wonder how they can afford it?
    Mrs.Roberts likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post

I look at what other people pay for stuff and wonder how they can afford it?
    I ask my sisters that all the time, I just can't bring myself to buy something knowing I have a coupon at home for it..lol
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

... remain calm and carry on. Vengeance fantasies are fun but they rarely would result in any positive changes if they were actually carried out. We are all stereotyped based on the groups we belong to e.g. couponer, gender, race, ethnicity etc. Sometimes you just have to refuse the to accept the stereotype and just do what you have to do.

I agree that training for cashiers and managers could be much better, but on the other hand I'm sure some cashiers simply don't care and many managers simply don't care and from their perspectives have other issues that are much more important to them.
    Last edited by frugalkitty; Thu, May 23rd, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    xox2010, MillieH, vesper and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm amused by people in line who get upset by couponing! Watching someone save $35 should be a teachable moment, not something to whine about! Yahoo!!
    coupon girl and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was thinking of having a group shopping trip to walmart with my couponing group on facebook. but i m not sure if that is going to happen. it will be a beautiful scene when you got everyone in line, everyone with a blinder full of coupons. walmart will possible need close the lane just for the group to check out. doesn't that makes you feel special!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes it is getting harder -way to go for teaching your 14 year old they should have money management classes in grade 7 or 8(with couponing and price matching attached)my son is now price matching with a new house and a baby on the way I am so proud of him-he even bragged to me about it the other day-I have couponed for 20 some odd years and it is really hard now to find them(cpns)so I don't mind trading and jumping on trains to get them and try to stick to one cashier or 2 -then they will get to know you
    Mrs.Roberts likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i was thinking of having a group shopping trip to walmart with my couponing group on facebook. but i m not sure if that is going to happen. it will be a beautiful scene when you got everyone in line, everyone with a blinder full of coupons. walmart will possible need close the lane just for the group to check out. doesn't that makes you feel special!
    let me know if your group is gonna do it, I am planning a possible move to Markham or Richmond Hill. Would be interesting

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    Hilarious...do it just for the hell of it.It's not illegal to use coupons...They probably would have to close the store temporarily vs closing the lane.LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information