User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Training cashiers is not my job!!!!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

It's getting so annoying!! I'm sure we've all been there too at the same store..... Shoppers Drug Mart!!!!

Seems like every weekend when there is a promo, I always have the same issue at least once. Today was no different!! Today I went to shoppers for the 20x's points event, I had my items on the counter and had them all rang through. My total was $51 before tax. I say, oh nice that was close to the $50 for the 20 points, the cashier agrees. I hand over my coupons and its the same thing I always seem to encounter.... "you won't get get the points if your coupons bring the total down below $50" Ughhhh. Here we go again!!!!!!

So I said, "yes, I will, coupons count towards the threshold"
    Cashier says "no, you better go get some more things if you want the points because it has to be over $50 after."
    Me.... "no, I'll get them"
    cashier "I can call a manager and check"
    Me "well you can if you want, but I will get them"
    cashier calls manager.... manager says, "no, has to be over $50 after coupons"

Ughh, now I have to train a manager AND a cashier?!??!?

Pull up the coupon policy on THEIR OWN website!!!

"Coupons count towards the promo threshold"

Cashier and Manager BAFFLED!!!

Me: "It wouldn't matter anyway, the register knows the rules.

So my total was $17 ( and change I forget ) ring the sale through, got my 11,000 points, half smirk .

I hate having to train employees on their own rules!!! Its getting to be a weekly thing!!! A few weeks ago with the double double promo ( $10 tim card, $10 SDM card ) I had to actually kick and scream to get my promo cards, even after the register said "issue promo" why aren't any of these employees trained on their OWN rules?!??!?!

I can't help but wonder how many people who don't know their rights and confront these people are denied promos because the cashiers aren't trained?? A while back a friend of mine was there for the $20 gas card promo and was well over the threshold before coupons and wasn't given a promo for the same reason cashier said "no, has to be $75 after coupons"

Why am I having to train people?!?! It's not my job!!!!

Thanks for hearing my rant!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It seems to be an unwritten job description of an educated couponer.. I had a similar experience today.. the guy was hostile and certain it couldnt be done.. he apologised after, saying he had encountered bad couponers before.. I think the reality is the staff aren't trained properly and it just goes downhill from there.

My sister was with me today and she said man thats harsh.. to me it seems to be a cost of using coupons..

I have alot of pain so any shopping event is uncomfortable but I do have lots of time.. I don't understand how you young moms with kids, your home, activities, jobs etc manage to stay calm through it all.. it takes way more time and energy than it needs to because of the lack of training. It really shows how dedicated you guys are to providing a better quality of life for your families..
    ticul and quicktocoupon like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

This is an eye opener for me..I don't normally shop during the " ...x points event" but should I have any issues if/when I decide to, I will definitely fight for my rights.I better go check their policy ... I know it's a pain but good on you to challenge the employees.
    ticul and quicktocoupon like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've given up on any event that requires the cashier to participate (hand over cards, scan coupon).

On the other ones, when my total drops, I just smile and say, "Oh that's okay. I'll just keep the total like it is - I'm not worried about my points".

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i had a wonderful experience at my points event. went to a shoppers at the mall after close (shoppers itself stays open) there was noone in the store except three employees and the lady in cosmetics cashed us out. she was happy and cheerful and didnt hassle me about coupons or points and threw in a bunch of perfume samples for me and my fiance (i took him with me and the kids behaved like angels). it was awesome

sorry to hear you had a bad experience. its awful when even management at a store doesnt know what the heck they are talking about.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I only participate in events like 20 x were the register automatically gives you the points even if your total goes below 50 bucks after cpn use.

I don't participate in events were the cashier has to give you a $ 10 Tim's card or gas card or movie tkts etc when you spend above a certain amt. its not automatic and you have to argue a lot to get the card, tkts etc ..if your total goes below the threshold.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If it were me, I would just say: That's okay, go through with the order anyway...then show them the receipt afterwards. Not worth getting into a huff about stuff like this, imo.
    amanda4 and redhdlois like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I wasn't in a huff about it yesterday, I am getting annoyed though because its not just this once, its EVERY weekend. You go to a store to get a good deal, and your excitement about that deal is foreshadowed by cashiers ( and sometimes even managers ) who try to make it a negative experience.

I did though get in a huff at the double double event, that was a farce all together. Spent an hour in the check out, with 2 upset little boys all because they refused to give me what I was entitled to.

I'm over it again today, just last night after I got back I was so annoyed again. As I'm sure i will be next week when it happens again. I just wish I could have just 1 trip on a bonus offer day where I go in and someone who works there knows the rules.

It gets exhausting mentally.
    ticul, BellaGurl and Shirnette like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I don't bother arguing, educating, or pointing out anything regarding the 20 X points rules when the cash register is going to work it all out for me. I just say, 'that's okay, ring it up', and then show them the points on the bill afterwards. Saves a lot of stress....
    CrazyQT, redhdlois, ticul and 1 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I'm surprised that in the last few years with coupon usage rising in popularity that more stores are not making coupons an integral part of cashier training.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've had this happen to me as well. They tell me I won't get the points because my total is under $50 after coupons and I just say, "okay, that's fine". Then they look at the receipt and are surprised and tell me 'Oh, you got the points!". I smile and say, "I knew I would, but I didn't want to argue with you!" This has happened at least 3 times already!
    CrazyQT, redhdlois, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I can't help but show them right from wrong when they don't know. By showing them the coupon policy and giving them a reason to look into it, I'm hoping I saved myself or someone else a little frustration in the future. I know the register would give me my points anyway, but by showing them the policy and explaining that its their own rules hopefully it will help in the future, so that maybe just once I can go to a store where I dont have to have it happen.
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

ok I dying to know...what did you buy to get your oop so low?
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Every time I get a cashier at SDM who tells me that I will not get the bonus or promo event points, I just smile and say, that's ok. And when the receipt shows that I got them, I point out their policy and explain that coupons are currency and are considered as such by their registers.
    quicktocoupon likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I used a coupon while in the US at the Bath & Body Works..just got the code from my phone and she used it on all 3 purchases as it was buy 40 get $10 off :<)), so she helped me split it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information