User Tag List

Page 253 of 390 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5850
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

2013/06/30 19:52 MISSISSAUGA Item in transit
    17:13 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    2013/06/27 18:27 PORT HAWKESBURY Item in transit
    16:08 PORT HAWKESBURY Item processed at postal facility
    10:40 PORT HOOD Item accepted at the Post Office

No major updates Buddies but Package is in transit... Hope you don't mind the wait? Easier not to peek that way

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    I hear ya Jez.. making a simple plan would be soooo much easier. What would be even better is someone to prepare the meals for us.. No guesswork, or "I'm too tired to cook/wash/chop..." If someone else did all the prep, it would be smoooth sailing...

No kidding! I can usually do ok during the day, if anything, I don't eat enough during work hours. Come home, if not too tired, can make a reasonably healthy dinner, but about an hour after supper, I am ready to chew the leg off a horse.. Then out comes the crackers, cookies, popcorn, etc..

Anyone else get like that, any suggestions?
    Has anyone else heard of Sandi Richard? I used her cooking books for dinner recipes for ideas which really helped me for supper. For breakfast I find if I eat a really, really good breakfast. Which is sometimes really hard to do as I am not really a breakfast person. I can actually go all day without eating and then start eating at suppertime which isn't healthy at all. So I try having a healthy breakfast of protein/starch, fruit & yogurt every morning. It is a lot to eat but I find if I eat that and stick to it I am not as hungry during the day and not famished when it comes time for supper. I am currently on a weight loss program and have been losing 2 - 2.5 lbs per week. I am down 20 lbs since March. I gained a bunch of weight from medication I was on and now trying to lose it. But, it is hard going because I also have a Hypothyroid. Hypothyroid bodies need to be fueled regular because of their slow metabolisms.

I find if I have everything planned out and all ingredients ready then I am good I will eat healthy if not then I don't. Protein is the satisfying factor to a meal too and a little good fat.
    Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mimzy71 View Post
    2013/06/30 19:52 MISSISSAUGA Item in transit
    17:13 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    2013/06/27 18:27 PORT HAWKESBURY Item in transit
    16:08 PORT HAWKESBURY Item processed at postal facility
    10:40 PORT HOOD Item accepted at the Post Office

No major updates Buddies but Package is in transit... Hope you don't mind the wait? Easier not to peek that way
    Are you my buddy? I am just waiting patiently, sort of

I have a few freezer cooking books that I have made recipes from, and they are good. I also use my crockpot quite a bit, even in summer. And I always eat breakfast. If I have a BIG breakfast I don't need lunch, wihch is good. But then there are days like today where I brought a "nice" salad for lunch and man I'd rather have a burger I like food lol. I do have my water with lemon though so that helps. There is a diet known as Leptin Reset, which advocates a big breakfast with lots of protein, and only eating when hungry (of course). I don't have a problem eating a big breakfast except that it can be costly, though I guess if it meant I wasn't really eating lunch that would balance out? Maybe. Any way, it's supposed to reset your leptin levels which are a hormone that tells you when you are hungry, in most people it is way out of whack. It's tied to insulin and insulin resistance as well, all interesting stuff. I really need to do up some mini quiches to keep on hand for quick breakfasts.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    They are calling for 36 here with the humidity. Is "naked" considered business casual?!? I'm off to work. Will post later this evening or tomorrow. I have another "pumpkin is an idiot" story for y'all.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
    happy friday sista! We've surpassed the 'feels like' temp here, it's now 28, feels like 38. ugh, I was soaked once I got home from finishing the food booth and making it through the health inspection. I had myself so worked up I ended up with some lovely stomach cramps and diarhea. So I've just been chilling in my nice cool living room.... til it's time to go open up for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    I woke up with a crap migraine had to go see the vampires to have blood taken. Then because I have this wired affliction that when I'm in pain I throw up, I did that too. This day stinks lol, I'm back in bed I'm going to get up in an hour and try again. Oh and I'm very jealous of all the heat send some this way it's cool here.
    Yuck, dislike this very much... it's nice and hot here in NS like slammy said - come on down!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

thanks Julie! I've already marked down your dates in my calendar! =)

message me on fb and let's talk dates and places, etc etc. I would love to show you around to a few places that maile might love too! I have a car so can meet you too.

treat you to a starbucks? =)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    *hugs* we are renting a car during our vacation from Aug 9th-Aug 16th in Vancouver and I know you're nearby, so let's do something together. Would love to finally meet you!

You made the right decision if he acted so callously and like a sore loser. Good for you!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My big issue is skipping meals, if we are busy at work I can easily go without eating but on the flip side of that come winter when we are slow all I want to do is eat.

So far by far the best diet I found was calorie cycling, the only diet I have been on where I lost weight and kept it off. Plus a great bonus is nothing is off limits just have to keep portions within reason. Which is great because as soon as I am told I cannot eat something it is all I want and than when I do have it I go over board.

I also need to get all my exercise equipment set up again as right now it is all tucked away as my exercise area is full of my mom's depression glass and good china.
    Jezebel, coyote00 and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

I aslo believe you made the right decision. It must have been so hard considering you were about to get married. I was heartbroken when my bf of 7 years and father to my 2 children, cheated on me and then left me for her/married her and had 2 more kids. I only dated a few guys but it never lasted very long. I think I finally knew what I wanted and no one fit the bill.

I've now been with my current bf for a year now and I'm actually moving in this weekend with him. He's been practically living with me anyway, but now we'll actually only have the 1 place.

Point of my story is, I don't think I would've ever left him as I felt I had "made my bed, and now I had to lie in it". So hurt after the fact, but now I'm so thankful for it all happening as I'm soooo much happier now than I EVER was with the other guy and I thought I loved him so much. What the hell was wrong with me!

I used to think I needed a guy with money and job that would actually take him out of town for weeks at a time so I could have my personal space. Now that I'm with my new guy, I realised that is totally not what I want. I realised all I wanted and needed was a guy to pay attention to me and make me feel loved, as well as treat my kids like their own. My guy doesn't make a lot of money and he's very careful with what he spends his money on. He's not cheap..just careful...but I love him so much more for that!

I hope you find someone that will make you happy, love you a lot, and treat you the way you deserve to be treated!

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    good morning ladies.

it's official. last night I made the decision and I told him that I don't think we're supposed to be together.

he did not take it well.

when I got home, I started doing the normal "breakup" things....I saw that he had already unfriended me on facebook. then I got a text from a friend that said he had posted a few things on his wall. being in a not right mind and emotional state, I opened his fb, which is on another browser....I know that's horrible ladies.....=(

anyway, I didn't look much but I did see a note that he had sent (thankfully in the messages, not on the wall) that told someone that I was crazy and bipolar and that I would soon be on pills begging for him to come back.

it was heartbreaking. but it confirmed even more that this was the right thing to do.

I know I shouldn't have done that but...that's that.

thank you ladies for walking with me. through this whole thread...it's been good news (almost engaged!) and then bad news (not together) but you guys were with me the whole way through.

Jezebel - I'm not sure if there is anything specific for him in my package, let me know...I can always give it to my brother if applicable. so sorry for the trouble or if it affects the package.

it's not a great day but it's going to get better I'm sure.
    shop my webstore:
    www.sheenakoe.shopregal.ca

Use this code to save at Well.ca:
    spend40save10now

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

good morning ladies.
    it's official. last night I made the decision and I told him that I don't think we're supposed to be together.
    he did not take it well.
    when I got home, I started doing the normal "breakup" things....I saw that he had already unfriended me on facebook. then I got a text from a friend that said he had posted a few things on his wall. being in a not right mind and emotional state, I opened his fb, which is on another browser....I know that's horrible ladies.....=(
    anyway, I didn't look much but I did see a note that he had sent (thankfully in the messages, not on the wall) that told someone that I was crazy and bipolar and that I would soon be on pills begging for him to come back.
    it was heartbreaking. but it confirmed even more that this was the right thing to do.
    I know I shouldn't have done that but...that's that.
    thank you ladies for walking with me. through this whole thread...it's been good news (almost engaged!) and then bad news (not together) but you guys were with me the whole way through.
    Jezebel - I'm not sure if there is anything specific for him in my package, let me know...I can always give it to my brother if applicable. so sorry for the trouble or if it affects the package.
    it's not a great day but it's going to get better I'm sure.
    *BIG HUGS* It will get better in time, if your heart and gut was telling you this is the way to go, then you've made the right decision. No judgement on the peeking at his facebook either. A long time ago, when a relationship ended with my ex, I read some of the things his friends and him said, it hurt a lot to read those words, but in the end, it just made me move on faster because obviously he wasn't worth my tears if he was going to talk about me that way. Despite that they are "hurt/angry/upset/confused", it's still really immature to react that way and say nasty things. Anyways, it WILL get better in time, despite you are the one leaving, it's still going to hurt for awhile and it's okay to cry The corner and us gals are always here!

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    I woke up with a crap migraine had to go see the vampires to have blood taken. Then because I have this wired affliction that when I'm in pain I throw up, I did that too. This day stinks lol, I'm back in bed I'm going to get up in an hour and try again. Oh and I'm very jealous of all the heat send some this way it's cool here.
    *hugs* hope you are feeling better later today

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    *hugs* we are renting a car during our vacation from Aug 9th-Aug 16th in Vancouver and I know you're nearby, so let's do something together. Would love to finally meet you!
    You made the right decision if he acted so callously and like a sore loser. Good for you!
    Boo I'd love to meet up with you and dlee, but we rarely ever go to Vancouver. I'm happy that you two will get to meet tho! I know once baby is born, we will have a few appointments to go to at Children's Hospital and I know dlee lives close by, so whoknows, perhaps one of those days we could always have a quick Starbucks together?! I'll let you know when I'll be around and we'll see then

Hmm......I feel like I haven't posted much lately?! I read every day and night though. Yesterday Jackson turned 17 months old...where does the time fly? Geez! No baby yet, but went to see my doctor yesterday and he confirmed that we are going by the July 12th due date, so if I haven't had the baby before, they will be inducing me on July 22. Although I really hope it doesn't go that long, that seems really far away still, and I am ready NOW. My guess was today, July 5th, that I would have the baby....but no contractions yet. Me feeling really tired, anxious and nervous lately... not so much about the labour, but just want baby out to finally be able to see and know...

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponsrule View Post
    I aslo believe you made the right decision. It must have been so hard considering you were about to get married. I was heartbroken when my bf of 7 years and father to my 2 children, cheated on me and then left me for her/married her and had 2 more kids. I only dated a few guys but it never lasted very long. I think I finally knew what I wanted and no one fit the bill.

I've now been with my current bf for a year now and I'm actually moving in this weekend with him. He's been practically living with me anyway, but now we'll actually only have the 1 place.

Point of my story is, I don't think I would've ever left him as I felt I had "made my bed, and now I had to lie in it". So hurt after the fact, but now I'm so thankful for it all happening as I'm soooo much happier now than I EVER was with the other guy and I thought I loved him so much. What the hell was wrong with me!

I used to think I needed a guy with money and job that would actually take him out of town for weeks at a time so I could have my personal space. Now that I'm with my new guy, I realised that is totally not what I want. I realised all I wanted and needed was a guy to pay attention to me and make me feel loved, as well as treat my kids like their own. My guy doesn't make a lot of money and he's very careful with what he spends his money on. He's not cheap..just careful...but I love him so much more for that!

I hope you find someone that will make you happy, love you a lot, and treat you the way you deserve to be treated!
    thank you so much for sharing. ultimately that's what it boiled down to...no matter how upset someone is, I don't deserve to be treated a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post
    *BIG HUGS* It will get better in time, if your heart and gut was telling you this is the way to go, then you've made the right decision. No judgement on the peeking at his facebook either. A long time ago, when a relationship ended with my ex, I read some of the things his friends and him said, it hurt a lot to read those words, but in the end, it just made me move on faster because obviously he wasn't worth my tears if he was going to talk about me that way. Despite that they are "hurt/angry/upset/confused", it's still really immature to react that way and say nasty things. Anyways, it WILL get better in time, despite you are the one leaving, it's still going to hurt for awhile and it's okay to cry The corner and us gals are always here!

Boo I'd love to meet up with you and dlee, but we rarely ever go to Vancouver. I'm happy that you two will get to meet tho! I know once baby is born, we will have a few appointments to go to at Children's Hospital and I know dlee lives close by, so whoknows, perhaps one of those days we could always have a quick Starbucks together?! I'll let you know when I'll be around and we'll see then

Hmm......I feel like I haven't posted much lately?! I read every day and night though. Yesterday Jackson turned 17 months old...where does the time fly? Geez! No baby yet, but went to see my doctor yesterday and he confirmed that we are going by the July 12th due date, so if I haven't had the baby before, they will be inducing me on July 22. Although I really hope it doesn't go that long, that seems really far away still, and I am ready NOW. My guess was today, July 5th, that I would have the baby....but no contractions yet. Me feeling really tired, anxious and nervous lately... not so much about the labour, but just want baby out to finally be able to see and know...
    MeShell!! We can come visit you! and the baby! Or at least I can. I'll talk to Julie, maybe I can pick her up and we can carpool out to see you or meet in the middle. I would love to have a Westcoast SC meetup! =) We still have a little over a month to go...plus you have a little one coming soon so you might not be up for visitors but let's continue to talk and plan!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT!! I feel so much better just hearing all of you ladies cheer me on!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

pumpkin I will get coyote to help with what you need from me tonight - should be in your email by morning!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Afternoon Ladies! It's a raining day here!

Went to the mall this morning with the munchkin to exchange an outfit for her (needed bigger size). Anyways decided to look in Payless as I really want a pair of gladiator sandals - they had ones I liked but not in my size Decided to check out the children's section where DD found, put on & refused to take off a pair of pink sparky ballet flats (they were a bit big but hey she will grow in to them), sigh so I got them. Then at the cash they tell me is B1G1 50% off so picked up some water shoes for her as well. Anywhoo, two shoe stores later I now own a pair of black sandals & have order a pair of brown Birkenstocks. Still on the search for gladiators, sigh.

Your baby story reminded me of when I had DD but opposite, lol. My due date was June 12th. She was in frank breech (folded in the middle, legs & arms up together, bum down) so it was an obvious c-section. Went to my 38 week appointment & they were like 'we can't have you go into labour so how about tomorrow'. I'm sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights! Anywhoo I convinced them to try & booked it for the following week.

thank you so much for sharing. ultimately that's what it boiled down to...no matter how upset someone is, I don't deserve to be treated a certain way.

MeShell!! We can come visit you! and the baby! Or at least I can. I'll talk to Julie, maybe I can pick her up and we can carpool out to see you or meet in the middle. I would love to have a Westcoast SC meetup! =) We still have a little over a month to go...plus you have a little one coming soon so you might not be up for visitors but let's continue to talk and plan!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT!! I feel so much better just hearing all of you ladies cheer me on!

((Hugs))
    Jezebel, MeShell, coyote00 and 3 others like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Geez! No baby yet, but went to see my doctor yesterday and he confirmed that we are going by the July 12th due date, so if I haven't had the baby before, they will be inducing me on July 22. Although I really hope it doesn't go that long, that seems really far away still, and I am ready NOW. My guess was today, July 5th, that I would have the baby....but no contractions yet. Me feeling really tired, anxious and nervous lately... not so much about the labour, but just want baby out to finally be able to see and know...
    Thanks

July 12 is my 16 th wedding anniversary I think that a perfect day for a baby plus then we will have another thing in common

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Dlee, sorry to hear that things didn't work out. I can say though, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they act during a fight or react during a break up. The fact that he ran off right away down talking you just proves you deserve better than that. I had a boyfriend once where I had a similar situation. Every time we had an argument, he ran off to his friends or family and told them all the details, told them I was controlling or told them I was a bi**h. Meanwhile the reason we would fight was because of HIS pot addiction, and the only "controlling" part was when I would tell him I couldn't stay with him if he continued to do it. The fact that he would run off and bad mouth me about it though was just a sign that I should have seen, showing that he had no loyalty towards me and no respect for me. To make a long story short, each time I forgave him for disrespecting me and putting me down it got worse, we even had several break ups where he did the same thing, ran off, telling everyone I was a controlling bi**h. His family was convinced it was all they ever heard, he wouldn't run to them to tell them the many good things I did, only the times we would fight. Also he would NEVER tell them the "controlling" was me telling him he had to choose me or the pot. Just that I was controlling. I ended up looking like the bad person, when meanwhile it was emotional abuse towards me. After a few years of taking that emotional abuse, it got physical. The last memory I have of him is running to hide with the phone to call my parents to come help me, then being pulled to the bed and punched in the face, before I passed out I remember seeing my blood all over him and splattered over the walls. When a friend visited him the next day, he had a bucket of red water, they asked what it was and he said "just finished washing the bi**h off the walls".

What he did by saying you are crazy, and needed medication is emotional abuse, it can lead to something worse. Be happy its over, start new, from what I can tell you are an amazing person and you deserve someone who can see that.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Let us know how you're feeling by then! Would love to meet you too! Any others nearby? I'm not too familiar with BC, sorry. All I know is that I will be in Burnaby for a week and dlee will come meet me somewhere I can find close by. Starbucks sounds awesome! Will be bringing my hubby and baby too =) I will let you ladies know what possible days as I'm not sure if my family here in BC have any plans for us. I'd say Mon Aug 12th or Tues Aug 13th in the afternoon. I think we'll have to find a Walmart or something to pick up some baby supplies so it'll be great to meet you ladies at the same time.

We don't mind driving ourselves, dlee. You don't need to pick me up cuz I know DH wants to drive around and do some sightseeing anyways. I thnk we'll be bored at my uncle's house all the time anyways. Might as well have you meet DH and Maile too =) We'll keep in touch! Keep me updated!
    Jezebel, MeShell, dlee and 2 others like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

MeShell, hopefully baby comes out soon! My sister in law is due on July 11th. She's expecting a little girl and it's her 2nd as well.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Thread Information