User Tag List

Page 95 of 390 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 5850
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

The cake roll is a very simple Saturday afternoon kind of desert. Used Cake mix and canned icing, I won a Duncan HInes bakers club reward a few weeks ago, and there was an FPC in there for any duncan hines mix, since the red velvet mix is usually so expensive I used it on one. Icing was on for $1 at No frills too so it was a very inexpensive treat!

So I mixed the cake mix as directed, but used milk in place of the water in the recipe. I lined a baking sheet with wax paper and put a small layer of cake batter on and spread it evenly, I would say about a 1/4 inch thick. Baked it at 350 for about 12 minutes. Don't over bake it, it will be dry and crumbly and hard to roll.

I let it cool for a about 10 minutes, till it was cool enough to handle. Slid it off the baking sheet with the wax paper still attached. Then you GENTLY roll! With the wax paper still on, while rolling, dust the outside of the paper ( the part that will be touching cake ) with powdered sugar, this keeps the cake from sticking to it when your trying to unroll it.

Once its rolled, wrap it in a dish towel to keep it from unrolling itself. Let it cool completely.

Once its cooled, you can GENTLY unroll it, removing the wax paper as you go. I make sure I have it over a peice of saran wrap already so I don't have to move it to roll it back up.

Once its all unwrapped and the wax paper is off, I start spreading frosting ( the cake will have a wave to it so spread gently ) then roll. I ice half at a time, roll then when half is rolled I add the rest of the icing. Once its all the way rolled up, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Its yummy!!!

Attaching a pic of how it comes out from the oven!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Now she is just teasing us
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Now she is just teasing us
    Haha... not teasing "sharing" lol.

Im seriously open to doing a baking train after summer when the weather is cool enough to send baked goods without worrying that they will melt or spoil!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Haha... not teasing "sharing" lol.

Im seriously open to doing a baking train after summer when the weather is cool enough to send baked goods without worrying that they will melt or spoil!
    I was thinking the same thing like a cookie exchange
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Buddy, gifts from #1 through to #15 are wrapped and ready to go. Ignore the extensive amount of taping that has been applied, my little peanut could not resist assisting in this project!
    a few more to pick up and then to fan dangle everything into a box that isn't the size of a small car....hmmm this could get interesting.
    Look at me sc'ing while the kids sleep. I feel Like super woman...now where did I leave my cape?!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~ Becky ~

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

P
    ~ Becky ~

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post

I love your childrens names !!
    Thanks!!

Jezebel, for my peanut butter cups I use:

1/4 butter
    3/4 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup powdered sugar ( adjust to taste, we don't like them super sweet, my mom uses 3/4 in hers )
    1/3 fine graham cracker crumbs ( use gold fish grahams in vanilla and they add a really good flavour! )

Melt the butter in a pot and add the peanut butter, remove from heat and stir into powdered sugar and graham crumbs. Refrigerate.

Melt chocolate for the outside. Again my mom does it a little different than me, she melts her chocolate ( 1 bag of chocolate chips ) and adds a teaspoon of shortening to make it easier to work with. We prefer the chocolate firm and don't add the shortening.

Line a mini muffin tin with liners. Drop a little chocolate into each, enough to make a nice layer on the bottom, but not too thick. I use a piping bag for my chocolate with a small hole in the tip to make it easier and cleaner to do.

after the bottoms are covered chill them, only takes a few minutes in the freezer. Remove and get your filling ready. It will be almost like a playdough consistency. Scoop small amounts and roll little balls in your hand then place in the middle of the chocolate in the liners. Press down slightly trying to be level and as close to the sides without touching as you can.

Pour more chocolate over them making sure you cover the peanut butter. Remember you don't need to use too much peanut butter filling in each one. They are so good, I make about 10 DOZEN in christmas and everyone loves them!

With the way my mom does them ( with shortening in the chocolate ) they have a softer bite to them and should be refrigerated, with mine ( no shortening ) you don't need to refrigerate them.
    OMG this looks sooo good. I need will power! I might try to make this for my kids, and hopefully dont eat many myself LOL, Although I dont think 1 would hurt

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Jenny, you are making it very hard to stay on a diet
    LOL I second that! I wasn't hungry at all until I sat down to read this thread LOL

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Totally up for a cookie exchange!

Hi Ladies, wowsers just took me since 9am to catch up on this thread since I've last checked in Saturday morning! (in between work of course, I'm not really that slow of a reader!)

Ok.. trying to catch up on some questions..

Would love any of the following... the others I make myself every year!
    chutney
    branston pickle
    corn relish
    marmalade
    peach marmalade

I know I have your wishlist- but if you could pick 3 things you would like the most to receive- what would they be? Hmmm, again this could be a trick.. listed on my wishlist;
    "Ball Blue Book" of canning and preserving (used, like a rummage sale, only if you find it cheap!)
    Silicone baking mat
    return address labels (homemade is great)
    old paper maps, or globes

If I was shopping on amazon.ca for you buddy... What are some $5 & under, $10 & under, and $25 and under items you would want? Isn't it horrible I very rarely online shop.. between SC and Pinterest, I don't have much free internet time!

$5
    - plastic canning funnel (the wide ones.. specially for canning)
    - liquid chalk marker for writing on glass
    http://www.amazon.ca/Liquid-Chalk-Ma...+chalk+markers

Under $10
    - wide mouth canning lids & rings pack
    - clear jel starch for pie fillings (have looked everywhere!)
    http://www.amazon.ca/National-Starch...ywords=canning

Under $25 ***
    - a unique and interesting purse? bigger sized is great!
    - vacuum sealer rolls (i think any brand works.. but mine is seal-a-meal)
    http://www.amazon.ca/Seal-a-meal-11x...m+sealer+rolls

Buddy do you wear flip flops ? what size ? Yes and no... I wear flip flops that have a bit of a heel or wedge if that makes sense... only because I'm so short. Size 6. But I wouldn't mind a pair of the flat ones if they were blinged out a bit.. for instance, I have these on my pinterest board to try out.. (in case buddy needs a homemade idea too!)

Name:  flips.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  24.6 KB

Buddy do you need sunscreen ? I have some but can always use more. I normally use a 15, or a 30 for the really hot days.

Do you have a ceramic stove top ? Nope, regular old fashioned electric.

Do you drink Tea? Not really, I try, just can't get into it.. every once in a while I'll have a cup, I like Earl Grey, the Roibos type, Chai and less often, Jasmine. Keep thinking I should try David's Tea, but it's almost an hour to get there.. so not likely going to happen. Does blueberry tea count? Cuz tea mixed with amaretto and grand marnier seems to go down well in the winter!

Buddy do you like vintage ? You can't be my buddy cuz I have this on my list.. unless you are trying to fool me.. in which case I'll play along.. Yep, I love antiquey and vintage stuff... not necessarily clothing, but old "stuff". I have some vintage Greyhound bus travel posters I've been meaning to frame for years.. and would love some Food related ones for my kitchen. But really, you can't go wrong with any vintage travel or food/kitchen related items.

Buddy what type of coffee maker do you have? I have the regular perk coffee maker, but am contemplating the Keurig. Have to get over the cost of the pods though... seems so much more than regular grounds, but then again, i very rarely use it... Decisions!

Please list 5 items NOT on your wishlist that can actually be found in a store??
    - Liquid pectin (ie. Certo)
    - Cheesecloth
    - Ms Vickies salt n vinegar chips (can't believe I've caved..)
    - Smartfood new flavour (Buffalo wings? Just saw it the other day on the shelf)
    - Matte eyeshadow in pale peach, pale pink, or beige. (basecoat) This is next to impossible to find matte, shiny shadow on my "older" eyes is not a good thing!

Cellphone type - I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Screen protector - nope.. I'm really not a big cell user.. basically to text and make emergency calls.. only reason I ended up with the Samsung as it was a free upgrade, and I hated my old BB Curve for texting.. buttons were way too small!

Which on the topic of phones.. if anyone has a Samsung, or maybe it's a general question, is there a way to block texts? I must get 2 texts from Rogers everyday trying to give me free internet trials, etc.. and it drives me nuts! I don't use it for internet, and wish I could block their crap..

Oh, and buddy if you are stuck on the homemade.. or just want to get an idea of my quirky style.. you can always check out my boards on Pinterest...it's that big long list of things I want or wish to do.. but of course, never have time!
    http://pinterest.com/nickibedard/boards/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

buddy, i mailed your package today and am so sorry it is coming soon. when you get it, you can definately open all the bonuses!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

haha.... I totally would too!! Lol I bake almost every day! This weekend I made a red velvet cake roll that was amazing! Filled with cream cheese icing yummers!!
    I LOVE RED VELVET... I'm here pouting in the corner now =( Me want!

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    buddy, i mailed your package today and am so sorry it is coming soon. when you get it, you can definately open all the bonuses!
    ALREADY???? What the heck? You're super fast. I kinda hope a package isn't coming to me yet.. I wouldn't be able to resist opening the WHOLE thing.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I love your enthusiasm. Everyone please hold off on mailing your packages until at least June 20th!! It will be painful for your poor buddy to sit and wait so long...LOL

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Maybe we could do an exchange where people who are "challenged" could send bakers ingredients, and bakers could send us cookies and baked treats? Bahahaha...I think I'm totally gonna have to sit that train out otherwise! I'd hate to be my poor buddy

Quote Originally Posted by beckyrobinson1 View Post
    Buddy, gifts from #1 through to #15 are wrapped and ready to go. Ignore the extensive amount of taping that has been applied, my little peanut could not resist assisting in this project!
    a few more to pick up and then to fan dangle everything into a box that isn't the size of a small car....hmmm this could get interesting.
    Look at me sc'ing while the kids sleep. I feel Like super woman...now where did I leave my cape?!

Oh wow - so amazing and adorable. How old? I'd send you a pic of my currently cute/sleeping sicky but you'd get a shot of boob in with her and seeing as this is a family site....well, except for Coyote's corner...

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Totally up for a cookie exchange!

Hi Ladies, wowsers just took me since 9am to catch up on this thread since I've last checked in Saturday morning! (in between work of course, I'm not really that slow of a reader!)

Ok.. trying to catch up on some questions..

Would love any of the following... the others I make myself every year!
    chutney
    branston pickle
    corn relish
    marmalade
    peach marmalade

I know I have your wishlist- but if you could pick 3 things you would like the most to receive- what would they be? Hmmm, again this could be a trick.. listed on my wishlist;
    "Ball Blue Book" of canning and preserving (used, like a rummage sale, only if you find it cheap!)
    Silicone baking mat

Cellphone type - I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Screen protector - nope.. I'm really not a big cell user.. basically to text and make emergency calls.. only reason I ended up with the Samsung as it was a free upgrade, and I hated my old BB Curve for texting.. buttons were way too small!

Which on the topic of phones.. if anyone has a Samsung, or maybe it's a general question, is there a way to block texts? I must get 2 texts from Rogers everyday trying to give me free internet trials, etc.. and it drives me nuts! I don't use it for internet, and wish I could block their crap..

Oh, and buddy if you are stuck on the homemade.. or just want to get an idea of my quirky style.. you can always check out my boards on Pinterest...it's that big long list of things I want or wish to do.. but of course, never have time!
    http://pinterest.com/nickibedard/boards/
    I'm totally heading to the corner cause I "mis-read" which book you wanted...

Looks like I know who to ask for tips (aka step by step instructions) when it comes time to do my canning this year...Like how I talk like I already do it? Bahaha...hey, I have jars and planted roma tomatoes and peppers based on the chatter in a previous thread yaaaaahoo Martha!

I want to make sauce and tomatoes and I guess salsa since don decided he wanted me to grow a jalapeno. ...

Soooo mean! your buddy is going to have to hide their box in a closet til July 15!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Update on my first Grandbaby

I have been reluctant to share but, here it is. My son and girlfriend have gone their seperate ways..... with very little chance of reconciliation. There is also now some question as to wether or not he is the father due to some infidelty. She admittedly told me that she said this to my son because she wanted to end the relatonship and does not want any custody issues with regards to the baby.....

I am at a crossroads because if that is my grandchild , I very much want to be a part of his/her life and the mother's as well. I had a feeling they would not last which is why I was so hesitant to discuss the matter at any great length.

I have corresponded with the momma to be and let her know that no matter what I wish her well and if the child is my son's I really want to be a part of their lives. She assures me that the child is my son's and that I am most welcome to be a part however; she wants no involvent with my grandbaby and my son.

My husband and other two children think I am beng taken for a ride and worried that I will become very attached. I don't blame them for their concern however; not to be a part of potentially my first grandbaby's life would be devestating for me.

I can't very well demand paternity testing wthout getting the moma's back up against the wall.

I will be attending an ultrasound with her on the 20th and maybe then we can speak more candidly.

Quite the dilema here.

Last edited by coyote00; Mon, Jun 10th, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Maybe we could do an exchange where people who are "challenged" could send bakers ingredients, and bakers could send us cookies and baked treats? Bahahaha...I think I'm totally gonna have to sit that train out otherwise! I'd hate to be my poor buddy

Oh wow - so amazing and adorable. How old? I'd send you a pic of my currently cute/sleeping sicky but you'd get a shot of boob in with her and seeing as this is a family site....well, except for Coyote's corner...

I'm totally heading to the corner cause I "mis-read" which book you wanted...

Looks like I know who to ask for tips (aka step by step instructions) when it comes time to do my canning this year...Like how I talk like I already do it? Bahaha...hey, I have jars and planted roma tomatoes and peppers based on the chatter in a previous thread yaaaaahoo Martha!

I want to make sauce and tomatoes and I guess salsa since don decided he wanted me to grow a jalapeno. ...

Soooo mean! your buddy is going to have to hide their box in a closet til July 15!
    If we did do a baking exchange, you mentioned you bottled tomatoes and things, It wouldnt be a bad idea to have bakers up against canners or crafters or ( insert talent ) that way the people who bake can trade their items for other things..... I bake a lot, but I'm not overly crafty and I don't really do canning or jellies or things like that so I would be thrilled to send cookies and chocolates etc in return for things like that

And for those who don't bake or can or do crafts, baking supplies and bakeware etc would be a good trade off
    Jezebel, NickiB, mimzy71 and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Update on my first Grandbaby

I have been reluctant to share but, here it is. My son and girlfriend have gone their seperate ways..... with very little chance of reconciliation. There is also now some question as to wether or not he is the father due to some infidelty. She admittedly told me that she said this to my son because she wanted to end the relatonship and does not want any custody issues with regards to the baby.....

I am at a crossroads because if that is my grandchild , I very much want to be a part of his/her life and the mother's as well. I had a feeling they would not last which is why I was so hesitant to discuss the matter at any great length.

I have corresponded with the momma to be and let her know that no matter what I wish her well and if the child is my son's I really want to be a part of their lives. She assures me that the child is my son's and that I am most welcome to be a part however; she wants no involvent with my grandbaby and my son.

My husband and other two children think I am beng taken for a ride and worried that I will become very attached. I don't blame them for their concern however; not to be a part of potentially my first grandbaby's life would be devestating for me.

I can't very well demand paternity testing wthout getting the moma's back up against the wall.

I will be attending an ultrasound with her on the 20th and maybe then we can speak more candidly.

Quite the dilema here.

Well, since the baby hasn't been born, and there isnt a physical attachment yet, I would request a paternity test as soon as the baby is born. If she was unfaithful, its the least she could do in my opinion. You have a right to know as does your son.

If it turns out he isnt the dad, then as hard as it would be to turn the other way, it may be for the better. If she didnt have enough respect for your son to be faithful to him, maybe she isnt the type of person you should have long term connections with.

If the child is your sons, its another thing, but she owes you both a test to be sure. Not to mention the child some day has a right to know who her father really is.

I'm just so sorry your going through this, I can only imagine the emotional rollercoaster this has been for you and your family

Page 95 of 390 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast

Thread Information