User Tag List

Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    cream cheese cake. hes measuring cream cheese. the chocolate stuff in the bigger containers

ok he has a recipe that calls for (3) pkg of 250 grams of CC.. the only measuring devices we have measure milliliters. so he wants to know how many milliliters of CC will it take to fill up the cup to make it even to 750 grams of cc.. did that make sense. so if there is a measurement on the cup of ie. 5000 milliliters will that equal out to 750 grams.. obviously thats not an accurate measurement. just giving an example. some one needs to invent a cup that measures grams. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    the FPC for car refresh is back up on save.ca for re-order

https://www.save.ca/
    Thank you. Just ordered it and a couple Dove coupons off the same page.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

ok he has a recipe that calls for (3) pkg of 250 grams of CC.. the only measuring devices we have measure milliliters. so he wants to know how many milliliters of CC will it take to fill up the cup to make it even to 750 grams of cc.. did that make sense. so if there is a measurement on the cup of ie. 5000 milliliters will that equal out to 750 grams.. obviously thats not an accurate measurement. just giving an example. some one needs to invent a cup that measures grams. LOL
    250ml = 1 cup = 1 pkg cream cheese so 750 ml in this case grams are normally a weight so that varies by item, some things weigh more than others (think bricks vs feathers) so to put a gram on volume measurement can be tricky! the 250ml = 1 cup is for water normally as that's like the basic measure, 1 ml = 1 gram of water (given certain changes when you change altitude drastically but you aren't so that's not an issue).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm so happy, I just said this morning how I wish I had some coupons for the Smuckers jam as its going on sale this weekend.. what do i find today.. $1 off woohoo!
    Ohhh if you have any to trade for the regular smuckers jams (not the simple blends) please let me know!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

WOW! Great savings!!!!
    I jinxed myself by posting here (lol) $26.57 over budget

Total of groceries was $126.57 ($19.64 which was taxes) - used $143.00 in coupons got 96 bars of Olay soap for free (still at my FreshCo) for $1.00 - $3.00 wub2 but I have to buy 3 because they don't/won't give overage which is fine. There is still alot of soap left, I didn't clear the bin. these soaps will be fantastic in my Christmas donations.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LOL *sigh* he says if you took 400G of CC and liquified it to mil's how many would you have.. ??
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

LOL *sigh* he says if you took 400G of CC and liquified it to mil's how many would you have.. ??
    Tell him he needs to find a new recipe

400g cream cheese = 1 1/3 cups = 315 ml

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LMAO *snort*.. whoops.. too funny. honestly whats an extra 50 grams of CC going to do to a cheesecake recipe?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Are there alot of stores that decide that you cant redeem a coupon if its with a sale item? Honestly if a store wont take coupons for sale items I'm more apt to shop at a different store. They get their money back if they send the coupons in its not like accepting coupons looses them money.

I went shopping tonight - mini wheats were on sale for 3.49 a box. I had a 1 dollar off coupon for ONE box...not even both the boxes i bought....and the clerk refused to take my coupon for the one box "Its for a sale item you're already getting a deal" (ok i'm thinking no im getting the real price for it anywhere south of high level) . However at the other store where fantastik was on sale for 3.99 each (regular 6.99 here) I was able to purchase my one bottle and get the second one free.... NO oh well its on sale you are getting a deal. (No i wont speak to the managers at the other store because i REALLY already dislike the owners/operators of the first store)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Are there alot of stores that decide that you cant redeem a coupon if its with a sale item? Honestly if a store wont take coupons for sale items I'm more apt to shop at a different store. They get their money back if they send the coupons in its not like accepting coupons looses them money.

I went shopping tonight - mini wheats were on sale for 3.49 a box. I had a 1 dollar off coupon for ONE box...not even both the boxes i bought....and the clerk refused to take my coupon for the one box "Its for a sale item you're already getting a deal" (ok i'm thinking no im getting the real price for it anywhere south of high level) . However at the other store where fantastik was on sale for 3.99 each (regular 6.99 here) I was able to purchase my one bottle and get the second one free.... NO oh well its on sale you are getting a deal. (No i wont speak to the managers at the other store because i REALLY already dislike the owners/operators of the first store)
    There is a store like that in my area. They don't take coupons on sale items either and I don't like the owner of the store either as he is a real a$$ and so full of himself.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't want to be negative but could she intentionally be buying the ones you told her you purchased or is the stock limited in your area?

Gold star for all your efforts and trying find your way in this existing family (no offense meant) it must be hard especially when having to deal with an ex who it sounds like is pushing your buttons with your thoughtful gifts, allowances and such.
    As negative as it sounds....i think she is doing it on purpose because in the christmas example she took several trips out of town to peace river, grande prairie and she is just as capable of ordering online as i am.

It drives me nuts and ive come to the conclusion that i will not be telling her what i chose and i will be keeping receipts

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ok so a few tips..
    if you have a few extra taters (peeled and cooked/cut up) freeze em.. then take a package of Knorr potato soup mix... follow instructions then add the thawed potatoes.. give them a chance to soften.. 'smush' with a masher.. let simmer.. voila.. the best 'homemade' potato soup ever..

take a couple of containers of strawberries.. cut em up.. add sugar ...let 'sit'.. add package of no cook/bake jam powder.(red package). follow instructions... boil water.. clean up two jam jars.. add water to jars. let 'sterilize'.. once strawberries area 'done' put in jars.. seal with lids.. and voila. homemade jam.. for $1-3 (depending on how much you pay for the strawberries) you can make jars for like $1 or less.. were going to pick some up at a local market.. you can get a tray (6-8) containers for like $5.. will have enough to make like 10 jars at least.. then i can save my $1 off coupons for the grape jelly.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

When reading this I'm thinking of the music from jeporday (lol)

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I would call head office and complain since speaking with the owners/managers is not something you wish to do. They cannot refuse a coupon because an item is on sale. I would really call head office and tell them the facts, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I don't see if they are a large box/chain store that they can refuse to take a coupon. Have you written or called head office about this?

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    There is a store like that in my area. They don't take coupons on sale items either and I don't like the owner of the store either as he is a real a$$ and so full of himself.

Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread Information