Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    See, me, it's the other way around. I'm in the city and want to get away from it all, so we do go out for a drive. I've mentionned in other threads that my husband and I had found a spot by a river where we can picnic, he can fish and I knit, but the weather this year hasn't been nice enough. So this year, if we think of going for a drive, the end destination always seems to involve more spending. Even visits to provincial parks or conservation areas for hiking or picnics involves some kind of fee.
    What if you went out for a drive and did something completely different, like find somewhere quiet, turn up the radio or play a CD, and dance under the stars?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

im so excited. this weekend we're volunteering as a family for als walk of ottawa. i've tried to volunteer a few places but they either wouldnt take my 13 old or they only needed volunteers during the weekday when we work or are at school.
    like everyone else we're super busy with afterschool activities and chores/errands but i've been really wanting to volunteer. feel like giving stockpile to food bank isn't enough.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great job, wonderful that you are volunteering as a family

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    im so excited. this weekend we're volunteering as a family for als walk of ottawa. i've tried to volunteer a few places but they either wouldnt take my 13 old or they only needed volunteers during the weekday when we work or are at school.
    like everyone else we're super busy with afterschool activities and chores/errands but i've been really wanting to volunteer. feel like giving stockpile to food bank isn't enough.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I hate to ask and I don't know why I can't keep the darn thing handy

but where is the list or could you link me to the companies to email for coupons, please pm me or post here whichever is easier for you.

thanks, I keep bookmarking it but.......where does it go???

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hate to ask and I don't know why I can't keep the darn thing handy

but where is the list or could you link me to the companies to email for coupons, please pm me or post here whichever is easier for you.

thanks, I keep bookmarking it but.......where does it go???
    pm'd you a link
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I'll take Just Curious:

What cheap activities do you have for those days when you don't want to stay at home, but don't want to spend much money?

I seem to be finding myself in that mood quite a lot on the weekends, so looking for ideas.
    Sometimes I will hit up the thrift stores, value village or the smaller ones, and promise myself only to spend $10

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

A great start to decluttering and living a frugal life is to read this wonderful, well written humorous book:

Clutter's Last Stand - It's Time to De-Junk Your Life by Don Aslett

I was able to get this through our library!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Friday Everyone! I'm proud to say I didn't pick up lunch at this week while at work! Brought leftovers from home Mon/Tues/Wed and then went home and made something Thursday and Friday. I think I'm going to start going home at lunch a few times a week so I'm not out running around spending $. I should be good and plan to get a few things done too around the house so I can relax more at night lol. ( I did pick up Coffee 2 morning this week but still better then 5 days )

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

you are doing awesome

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Happy Friday Everyone! I'm proud to say I didn't pick up lunch at this week while at work! Brought leftovers from home Mon/Tues/Wed and then went home and made something Thursday and Friday. I think I'm going to start going home at lunch a few times a week so I'm not out running around spending $. I should be good and plan to get a few things done too around the house so I can relax more at night lol. ( I did pick up Coffee 2 morning this week but still better then 5 days )
    Crochetlady and YOU AND ME like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and Father's Day.

My dh came home last night and told me that his supervisor gave him the heads up that they cannot tell him if he will or will not be back next year (he works for a school as an EA).

We knew this is or was a possiblility as they can't give you a new contract until the new school year starts. So I remained calm, said oh well, you'll be on call again which is good in a way but bad in another. Good in the way that if his back is bothering him he can stay home (he had back surgery 8 years ago). But bad because you never know when you will be working or how much you will be making and therefore cannot budget (l0l).

So on a more positive note my parents will be coming home from Alberta/Sask area mid August and have offered to take us to the US for 2 days, we will stay in their RV which is fine and eat out (they will pay), only need to bring grocery $ and spending cash for clothing and such.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I know this is really off topic as far as being frugal goes....

It's been a really rough year so far for us, not financially (yet - lol, summers always where it gets bad, as students). Mentally and emotionally. DH struggles with a few things (mental illness) and this year had been hard. He recently made the decision to change career paths after being in school for 7 years and achieving his Masters degree from McMaster University in Hamilton. He had decided to take computer tech at Fanshawe college in London (a two year program by the end of which he will very likely be hired on at his place of internship). However this major life decision coupled with the fact that he feels he has "wasted" the past 7 years of his life pursuing a degree he will not use, has really set off his anxieties and all the other problems that go with it.

I could write a paper here but I don't want to bore. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the thread and thanks to all of you being here to talk to.

On that note, I was brightened up by the sheer luck of capturing this picture of my little ones:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, ottawa, Insane and 7 others like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks for sharing the pic Bronwen. Great shot. Hope your DH finds what he is looking for on his new path. One of the nice things about our SC friends is we are here to listen.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oop[s

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Do not shop for a Father's Day gift as this picture framed can't be out done by anything thing you can purchase in stores.

so very precious, you got too great looking kids there!
    On that note, I was brightened up by the sheer luck of capturing this picture of my little ones:[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post

On that note, I was brightened up by the sheer luck of capturing this picture of my little ones:

Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information