Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning all-today will be a relaxing day-reading "a stolen life" jaycee dugard-unreal -I think I am dealing with arthritis in my fingers -I know I have it in my knees(from an mri)sometimes you just go a bit down hill after 50-but I keep running up and down my stairs-don't want to stop and feel sorry foryourself cause that's life -we all age-maybe I will read and do a bit more gardening today -weeding ugggg
    Very sad book, I am starting to shy away from those types of books even though I find them really interesting they are just so hard to stop thinking about once you put the book down.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am debating hiring my friend to give my house a good cleaning. (she is not working and could use the money) I just can't get everything done/keep up. (And I have a bad back that gest worse when I'm cleaning house/etc so sometimes I think it makes sense for me to hire someone now and then?) I work full time so spending a few $'s now and then I think makes sense instead of putting myself in pain and not being able to work? I can afford it but I'm just so frugal/cheap lol I'm starting to get at a point where I'm ok not saving every single penny (I still save and am frugal shopping but we enjoy life too, travel etc) Then I think I should just do it and save the $$$$. I can't decide.
    If you can find the money for it in the budget and it would make your life less stressful and pain-free than I would say go for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Really wish life would stop sh*tting on us. We are trying so hard to save money and it is like one bad thing after another keeps happening to us.

First we found out we needed to replace the AC, and then found out we couldn't do it without doing the furnace at the same time. Yes, DH got us a really great deal through work, but we could have used that $2,000 to set up the baby's room or finish the basement reno's.

Then last week we found out I missed my court date for speeding ticket, got a letter in the mail friday saying we would have to pay the entire amount of the fine by Wednesday or I will lose my license (I work out of town so this is NOT an option).

Now this morning DH realizes his wallet is missing, with the rest of our basement reno money in it (he took his last bonus out of the bank account so we wouldn't spend it on other things). He thinks it may have fell out of his back pocket when he got out of my car last night. Went to check my car this morning... glove box was wide opened, things were a bit rummaged but nothing else was missing including my gps and bluetooth?
    YOU AND ME likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It's a hard call with hiring your friend, will she do the things you ask to your specifications or clean enough for your liking. On another note if you can't physically do it without being in pain then it's not worth doing yourself. I don't know the ages of your kids but kids love $ (lol) who doesn't right?

My mom hired my SIL and what a fiasco that turned out to be, she didn't really clean, she surfaced clean, took lots of breaks and sat chatting and so my mom paid her anyways but hasn't ask her since as it didn't really work out. My mom didn't tell her why she hasn't had her back since - it makes it awkward to say the least.

Ask your friend if she will charge by the hour or by the job? All you can do is try her out for an hour or 2 and see how it works out, select the chores you really need or would like done and go from there. This way you are not overly committed to the whole house for example (just my 2 cents).

Good luck in your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am debating hiring my friend to give my house a good cleaning. (she is not working and could use the money) I just can't get everything done/keep up. (And I have a bad back that gest worse when I'm cleaning house/etc so sometimes I think it makes sense for me to hire someone now and then?) I work full time so spending a few $'s now and then I think makes sense instead of putting myself in pain and not being able to work? I can afford it but I'm just so frugal/cheap lol I'm starting to get at a point where I'm ok not saving every single penny (I still save and am frugal shopping but we enjoy life too, travel etc) Then I think I should just do it and save the $$$$. I can't decide.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

That sounds like a very interesting art project, you and your dh are definitely crafty! Good luck and enjoy your day!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    it is going to be a busy day here.. ok well already has, up at 7 to get kids off.. did dishes, washed down living room walls in preparation for the wall art we are putting up.. had to share our craftiness.. (instead of going to Ikea and spending $$ on art) we bought 3 canvases pieces then a roll of shelf liner and used the shelf liner to cover two other blank canvases hubby had in the closet for another project he gave up on. we have a 12 foot wall that we needed to cover.. so with the two longer pieces we covered as well as the 3 from the dollar store it cost us $8.. instead of the $100 for the Ikea art.. (we may get it later in the year)... our frugal savings..and tip.(wish i could share a pic, my computer doesn't have the memory card slot)

unfortunately we do have to put out a little today to finish cleaning our duvets and drying them.. but then we should be good for another yearish..

in addition we have 1000000 other things to do today.. glad its beautiful out.
    Crochetlady and YOU AND ME like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    it rained here but only in the morning I cried a little-we have no parents left ( so give your parents or your dads today a big hug -cause I cant -okay-by the way I love coming on here to chat with all the nice people on this thread
    We don`t either and since we have no kids, Mother`s and Father`s day are just like any other day.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sh*t luck on the speeding ticket and your court date.

Oh that's horrible hoping you find his wallet not only for the $ but all those cards that are a pain in the ass to replace. My dh always mis-places his wallet I don't even worry about it anymore but if your dh is sure it's not in the house that's really really awful.

Sending you good vibes, hope the wallet turns up there are still a few good and honest people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Really wish life would stop sh*tting on us. We are trying so hard to save money and it is like one bad thing after another keeps happening to us.

First we found out we needed to replace the AC, and then found out we couldn't do it without doing the furnace at the same time. Yes, DH got us a really great deal through work, but we could have used that $2,000 to set up the baby's room or finish the basement reno's.

Then last week we found out I missed my court date for speeding ticket, got a letter in the mail friday saying we would have to pay the entire amount of the fine by Wednesday or I will lose my license (I work out of town so this is NOT an option).

Now this morning DH realizes his wallet is missing, with the rest of our basement reno money in it (he took his last bonus out of the bank account so we wouldn't spend it on other things). He thinks it may have fell out of his back pocket when he got out of my car last night. Went to check my car this morning... glove box was wide opened, things were a bit rummaged but nothing else was missing including my gps and bluetooth?
    Crochetlady and YOU AND ME like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I'm sorry you had such a bad shopping experience today, our budget has been making me really anxious lately as well as DH just keeps wanting everything that is not in our budget. We have already gone $15 over our $25 "junk food" budget for the month and we are just half way through. I told him that's it, no more pop, chips, pies, cookies, etc! We have enough in the house - 6 bags of chips, 4 boxes of cookies, 4 cases of pop - that should last us the rest of the month.

I completely understand panic attacks at the cash when things don't go as planned. I always have to have my "non-pricematched" items first, then the rest of the items organized by which store i'm pricematching, and lastly all my FPC items. Drives me crazy when DH just starts throwing things on the belt and nothing is organized and I usually end up having a panic attack and freaking out at him in the store - which is why I now go by myself 90% of the time... less stress and less uneeded items blowing the budget.
    Normally it is not too bad, and normally she is really good. Oh my budget, my budget is blown especially since every time I turn around "we have no food" or "we don't have but I want". I may if things don't get better have to go back to shopping alone.

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    i had a very nice saturday - didnt spend a cent but i did go for tea at a friend's house. This morning i was reading my email and regular mail and ran across a phamplet saying if you have a rbc chequing of a certain type and an rbc savings account that your fees for the chequing account are 10.95 instead of 14.95 and the savings account is free. So i logged online and opened the savings account. I moved what i refer to as my coupon "Savings" from my chequing account to this savings account and will watch it grow from month to month. I recall someone else saying in may that they wanted to track what they saved and i wanted to do the same thing. Plus on top of it i'm getting money back on my monthly bank fees with rbc after this. In someways I'm tempted to treat that savings as a coupon as well and place it into the savings account.

I checked my pc points and i received my extra 5000 points for signing up for the mastercard online. My refund to my capital one card for the birthday gift went on as soon as i registered the tracking number with walmart customer service on friday which was nice because then i was able to order a game SS says he doesn't have but wanted.

Sadly I have to wait until wedensday to hear if i got the job i interviewed for however i'm really hoping i get it as work the last week or so has been VERY stressful due to personality conflicts. I miss working on computers i enjoy it much more than managing staff and money.
    You may want to check with RBC, I opened an account with them earlier this year and if I signed up for 3 products I got all my fees on all product waived.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    oh hon I feel bad for you, hope your pills help your allergies but don't beat yourself up for being sick it happens and you are definately more susseptable to get sick as you are working more hours than you should and you are just beat, your body is giving you a sign that you need to rest (all my personal opinion).

Also your mom should have gathered the items to price match along with the flyers & coupons as I am guessing you are organized and probably have them in 1 spot in your cart. Maybe if you haven't already sit down and remind her that the flyers/coupons need to be put out at the time you are unloading your groceries through the cash.

Hope you have a great day and bbq at your dad's if you are up to it.
    Thank you, we will see how next week go and see if we need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Sounds like a rather frustrating shopping trip!

ALLERGIES SUCK! I hope your feeling better soon. Theres so much pollen in the air here it looks like its been snowing all morning. I've taken allergy meds (why cant you take any anymore?) but still feel the effects plus the meds make me groggy. I doozed on and off all morning today.

I know allergy meds affect people differently...sleepy. munchie etc. I had one type of allergy pills i don't take because they made me worse than grumpy no one wanted to be around me.
    I am not supposed to take Allergy pills because I have sinus problems. The allergy pills will affect my sinuses and probably cause a sinus infection and allergy pills completely knock me out. I found some for sinus and allergy I am trying but they do knock me out which is not good as I took some yesterday and completely passed out mom had to wake me to go to dad's. But to be honest I could not take it anymore, I had to take something.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Would it work out any better if you and your Mum each bought your own foods that you like at the store, kind of like roommates might in university? You could still share a few items/meals as you chose. Maybe you have tried this and it wouldn't work but it sure seems like there is a lot of conflict over food and prices so I feel bad for you to have so much stress on your day off. Anyway feel free to ignore me-not trying to pry but just offer a suggestion. Hope you feel better soon and next weeks shop will go better for you.
    Thanks, Normally our rule is I buy what is on the grocery list which is what fits into our budget which includes the stockpile groceries. To be honest I think it was partially done because I was not feeling well so she knew I just wanted to get the shopping done and get home. Next week I will be back on game, if we have more issues I will go back to grocery shopping alone after work.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Gold star for me (lol) the 1st coat of poly is on the interior staircase and I hope to get the 2nd coat on either really late tonight or 1st thing in the am tomorrow, leaning towards tomorrow as better lighting (more light in general).

I now have to decide what to make for dinner, gotta go outside and around back to check & decide what to make....sigh....I got spoiled last night not having to cook .

I need to start working on the honey do list for dh as he will be done work in 1 1/2 weeks for the summer.

Talk to you glas in a bit!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's a hard call with hiring your friend, will she do the things you ask to your specifications or clean enough for your liking. On another note if you can't physically do it without being in pain then it's not worth doing yourself. I don't know the ages of your kids but kids love $ (lol) who doesn't right?

My mom hired my SIL and what a fiasco that turned out to be, she didn't really clean, she surfaced clean, took lots of breaks and sat chatting and so my mom paid her anyways but hasn't ask her since as it didn't really work out. My mom didn't tell her why she hasn't had her back since - it makes it awkward to say the least.

Ask your friend if she will charge by the hour or by the job? All you can do is try her out for an hour or 2 and see how it works out, select the chores you really need or would like done and go from there. This way you are not overly committed to the whole house for example (just my 2 cents).

Good luck in your decision.
    Unfortunately I have a hard time just getting my boys to pick up after themselves so doing the job I expect won't happen lol. I told her I want a "good cleaning" From top to bottom. Figured if I'm going to pay I should get the entire house done. Said I wanted floors washed, dusting and bathrooms. She said she is interested and the going rate is $15-$20 hour (I said I would pay cash) Hard to talk money with a friend lol so Frugal me said how about $50 for 3 hours, she said she didn't think she could do a good job in 3 hours so I said ok whatever your think. I'm sure she will do a good job and I doubt it would be more then 5 hours ( I hope not!). For me it's a trust thing too as I would rather not be home when it's being done so to have a stranger do it I would want to be there. And she already has a key

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Sh*t luck on the speeding ticket and your court date.

Oh that's horrible hoping you find his wallet not only for the $ but all those cards that are a pain in the ass to replace. My dh always mis-places his wallet I don't even worry about it anymore but if your dh is sure it's not in the house that's really really awful.

Sending you good vibes, hope the wallet turns up there are still a few good and honest people out there.
    Thanks for the good vibes! I am just very overwhelmed and anxious right now, more worried about the SIN that was in his wallet now he just told me he needs to get it replaced. I asked what it was even doing in there in the first place!

If it wasn't in the car, and fell out on the driveway, it is probably long gone by now as well. We had a huge storm last night and since our street is under construction we have no sewers, so our road was one huge river flowing east.

Think I may drive down to tim horton's and get an herbal tea, my anxiety is through the roof lately and can't take any of my anxiety meds while pregnant
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I was bad at lunch But tomorrow is a new day so will make sure I have a lunch. But I did receive a bunch of Websaver and Go coupons and BOOST with a free pedometer! I don't recall signing up for this!
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

poor you, go get that tea and try and relax....happy place....hope it turns up, there is still hope/miracles still do happen. FIngers crossed

Thanks for the good vibes! I am just very overwhelmed and anxious right now, more worried about the SIN that was in his wallet now he just told me he needs to get it replaced. I asked what it was even doing in there in the first place!

If it wasn't in the car, and fell out on the driveway, it is probably long gone by now as well. We had a huge storm last night and since our street is under construction we have no sewers, so our road was one huge river flowing east.

Think I may drive down to tim horton's and get an herbal tea, my anxiety is through the roof lately and can't take any of my anxiety meds while pregnant
    MaddensMomma and YOU AND ME like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Not a frugal weekend for me by any stretch....
    Plus eat out yesterday....
    So I just sat down and made my dinner menu for this week.
    I need to eat what I have in my fridge/pantry so here goes:
    Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce.
    Tuesday: BBQ chicken with mash potatoes and salad.
    Wednesday: Ribs and fries/wedges
    Thursday: Tacos
    Friday: Sloppy Joes (cooking this in the crock pot as it's suppose to be very starting Friday).
    Saturday: Wings (Olymel) and Pizza (from the fridge).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My meal plan for the week is as follows nothing too racy (lol)

Monday - sausages on a bun with side salad (I can already hear the complaining)
    Tuesday - roast pork loin with frozen veggies
    Wednesday - chicken breasts on the bbq with veggies & fries
    Thursday - leftover night (spaghetti just incase)
    Friday - fish & chips or rice with veggies
    Saturday - homemade take out night
    Sunday - taco/burrito night
    MaddensMomma and YOU AND ME like this.

Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast

Thread Information