User Tag List

Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I did my groceries yesterday and don't even want to look at the new flyers (lol) but I think I will take advantage of the NF sales and pm the crackers/cookies that are on sale with the $1 wub2 christies.

Dh has some friends coming over to saw up some wood on the saw mill for their moose camp, so I will be in the house hopefully decluttering.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    What are everyone's plans for this weekend?

What is on your shopping lists?? (haven't had a chance to check flyers yet, maybe this afternoon)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Even though I don't know you physically (if that makes sense) I can imagine you out their on the lawn weeding, poor you.

[QUOTE=sweet sparrow;5502765]You have no idea how many times I've done this. Either because I washed my coat on the weekend and emptied my pockets, changed bags, left the keys in the front door.... I can get into the garage, so some summers, I've taken out the weeding tools and pulled out weeds in full business dress clothes on my hands and knees. I don't know what attracts more stares, weeding in a business suit or loitering on your own lawn for hours until DH gets home.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great deal on the tp, I did the Giant TIger route with cascades. Hope your little girl (lol) feels better soon and eat some of that yummy shower food for me, I love dips and more dips and repeat (have fun)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hey all-started summer off with cleaning my car vacumming-havent washed it yet-went to sobeys this morning got a really great deal on the royale toilet paper 3.88-1.00 cpn=2.88-so now I am stocked up-hoping to visit our daughter/hubby in Toronto on sat -if she is feeling up to it(she has had stomach flu -for 2 days now-wish she lived closer yesterday -I could have taken care of her -even thou she is 30 I am still her mom -sunday wedding shower-that's my weekend-busy
    MaddensMomma likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I would have sent her after the fact an envelope full of sample and rules on manners (without a return address) !

Couldn't believe this story when I first read it... how insensitive! I would have loved to receive a creative gift like that.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/38...ut-of-control/

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Another 'locked out many times' person here lol.... until we changed our locks to dead bolts. Now we have to lock the doors with a key so problem is solved for us

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

To me it's the presence not the presents....people are so materialistic these days.

I would much rather have people attend functions that not attend because they cannot afford too.

I agree completely. We just got married in March and all we wanted was for our family to attend, whether they could afford a gift or not. We had a small wedding at a chapel, and my in laws hosted a reception dinner at their place. It was perfect for us and completely within our budget and means. We would never expect our guests to pay for our wedding.

And I don't know where they get off saying that all guests must give cash. We got 1/2 cash/cheques/GCs and 1/2 gifts. We loved the gifts just as much as the money. None of the money went to "pay" for our wedding, we already had everything paid for. We bought a house last september so have slowly been buying things for the house with the money we received from the wedding.

We had a family member and his spouse who bought a $25 item from our registry as their wedding gift. We had a family (2 parents, 3 adult children and their spouses) who all went in together on a $100 gift. We had another family member who made us homemade pot holders and a table runner for our shower gift and gave us a $10 (sale) KitchenAid roasting pan for our wedding gift. We even had 1 family member who couldn't afford to give anything for a wedding gift.

We loved every gift we received and loved even more that all our family could be there without feeling guilty they couldn't afford a gift or something more luxurious.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Jun 21st, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Doubt I will be on at all as I don't sit at a PC on the weekend since I do so all week. It's date night tonight so looking forward to relaxing and catching up with my wonderful guy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Enjoy your weekend and we'll see you Monday unless you get bored with your date

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Doubt I will be on at all as I don't sit at a PC on the weekend since I do so all week. It's date night tonight so looking forward to relaxing and catching up with my wonderful guy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Had a great day ds#2 who's class field trip was today, he didn't want to go to Toronto with his class (4 hour drive each way) because he gets motion sickness, I don't blame him. So we had a mommy and son lunch at a Chinese Buffet not completely unfrugal as the class trip was $100.00 and lunch was on $22.00 with the tip , then we went to WM to get him a few pairs of shorts and he also got a new green lantern shirt as the others he has are breaking out with little holes because he loves them .

I'm so excited because my FIL has agreed to drive me to the big Ottawa Coupon Swap tonight at IKEA so perhaps I will see a few of the Ottawa members there .

Talk to you ladies later tonight when I get back, bye bye for now.

Have a great weekend everyone, I hope it really doesn't rain tomorrow because I would love to get the bedding done and they are calling for rain in my area until next Thursday thank goodness my guys are clothes hogs and we can survive 1 1/2 weeks if necessary without doing laundry.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Maybe it is just me but it seems like lately weddings have become either completely over the top or very low key. I know one person who is very much the present should be as much as each plate cost and was very open about how much he was spending as well as telling us we had to bring a date and when that did not work telling us he had factored in us bringing a date so even if we did not double the plate cost. In the end he tried to tell everyone he was joking but the memory was lasting especially since he did have a very expensive registry for his wedding.

He also did not find my comments of I am registering at Wal-Mart funny, little does he know I am serious.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    great job on sourcing out all these great facebook pages!

So you are having a girl?
    Yes we found out a while ago we are having a girl. Haven't gotten much yet but we still have a couple months

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Maybe it is just me but it seems like lately weddings have become either completely over the top or very low key. I know one person who is very much the present should be as much as each plate cost and was very open about how much he was spending as well as telling us we had to bring a date and when that did not work telling us he had factored in us bringing a date so even if we did not double the plate cost. In the end he tried to tell everyone he was joking but the memory was lasting especially since he did have a very expensive registry for his wedding.

He also did not find my comments of I am registering at Wal-Mart funny, little does he know I am serious.
    I have an aunt that once told me that the general rule for weddings is to give cash that equals the amount of cost of the plate.

First, how are you supposed to know how much the cost is per plate unless they tell you?

Secondly, they chose to have their wedding there while knowing the prices. While I would never go without a gift, I do not feel obligated to give the price of the plate and "pay" for their wedding. If I was not going to their wedding to share their special day, I would never spend $100+ on a dinner and some drinks a person.

We usually try to give $40 - $50 a person if we can or will often purchase a gift from a registry of similar value (but on sale).

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

"I lost out on $200 covering you and your dates plate . … and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future."

Wow!

And now we can fully understanding why the wedding gifts were so stressful for me a week back!!! (I know I am not alone here.

These brides are out of line. Talk about a gift grab, they should have saved their $$$ for themselves and not had one with that attitude. This is why I was intent on giving a small cash gift ($40) with my small homemade gift. I can't control people's perception and do care what these people think.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Although, I will say if my friends/family gave the above response I think my reply would be something like,

"Since my ability to afford a $200 cash wedding gift is a necessity to our friendship, I guess it is over?"
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We are going out of town tomorrow to visit my grandpa in the nursing home. His health was really deteriorated this last month and we don't know if he has much longer. I have been really upset about this and to make matters worse I am missing a friend's wedding shower and bachelorette party. This is a good friend of mine from high school (and my ds' godmother) although we rarely see each other anymore as she lives 8 hours away. When I told her yesterday that I wouldn't be able to make it, and explain why, she and her sister freaked out at me and uninvited me to the wedding as well. She made it clear that our friendship had been over for quite a while and this was the last straw... This is still bothering me but my family comes first.

Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information