User Tag List

Page 91 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Morning ladies

Well i can finally see the garage floor what a mess but finally it's done. I got up this morning oh my back is really hurting so don't think i will be doing much today.

The grandkids are finished school at 12 today so will go and pick them up i'm not looking forward too them being on vacation as i will have to find things for us to do.I guess the park and a picnic,library and will try to meet up with another nana who has her grandkids for the summer

JnC funny story about the slippers
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Yippee, it is Friday. Have to work tomorrow but oh well what can you do, good news is all of July I only have 1 Saturday and I cannot wait until the long weekend and 3 days off.

Was planning on a no shopping weekend but there is warehouse sale about 45 minutes from where I live I want to go too plus Sobey's has ground beef on sale and as previously mentioned I will be all over that sale. I was really hoping going into summer someone would put it on for $1.99/lb (a girl can dream right?) but I will have to settle for $2.49/lb, I could save $0.02 and go to Foodland but to be honest our Foodland is in the middle of no where and I really do not like it so I will pay the extra $0.02/lb and go to Sobey's which we have locally or the other Sobey's which is on my grocery store route for weekend shopping. As well this should make mom happy as she has been whining for days (but feels a lot longer) that she needs nachos and soon.

Also saw a few other things we wanted which line up with expiring coupons so I am happy. Only problem is we have had to delay our furniture delivery (house is not clean and truck is in for service) so I will have to make due without my new freezer. Hoping to not be too tired when I get off work tonight and can maybe clean the freezer we will have to wait and see how I feel.
    Yeah the beef in my area is the same sale price. and $2.88 for extra-lean which I may get. Need to stock up for tacos, burger patties, meatballs etc. Will be busy this weekend getting it all ready for the freezer. Then we will be stocked up on all meat!!! Fish, turkey, chicken breast, steak, sausage, pork roasts, pork chops. I should take inventory for sure!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Morning ladies

Well i can finally see the garage floor what a mess but finally it's done. I got up this morning oh my back is really hurting so don't think i will be doing much today.

The grandkids are finished school at 12 today so will go and pick them up i'm not looking forward too them being on vacation as i will have to find things for us to do.I guess the park and a picnic,library and will try to meet up with another nana who has her grandkids for the summer

JnC funny story about the slippers
    What a wonderful and brave Grandma you are! I get my mom to watch the youngest the odd day but for the most part he will be going to camp and with us when off. Need to plan vacation days now!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Was hoping to sell my wedding dress last night but didn't fit the lady trying it on. Will keep trying to sell it, could really use the money.

DH bought a golf club driver for DS last night, he is going to try to teach him to golf (in the backyard). Should warn the neighbour to watch for income golf balls lol.

I am in a new local group on facebook specifically for moms giving away stuff for free. Was able to give some of DS's clothes away the last few days and pick up a few things for myself and the baby for no $ which makes me happy! I got a pair of dress pants and yoga pants for myself and 2 shopping bags full of baby girl clothes in great condition.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

What are everyone's plans for this weekend?

What is on your shopping lists?? (haven't had a chance to check flyers yet, maybe this afternoon)

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Happy first day of Summer everyone, may it be a frugal one.

Name:  10473.gif
Views: 153
Size:  42.9 KB

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I just locked myself out of the house.
    You have no idea how many times I've done this. Either because I washed my coat on the weekend and emptied my pockets, changed bags, left the keys in the front door.... I can get into the garage, so some summers, I've taken out the weeding tools and pulled out weeds in full business dress clothes on my hands and knees. I don't know what attracts more stares, weeding in a business suit or loitering on your own lawn for hours until DH gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Not feeling great this morning, woke up on the wrong side of the bed Not really, but I've been having trouble sleeping lately, waking up with very painful leg cramps all throughout the night. Can't wait until this pregnancy is over.

I did treat myself to an iced capp this morning at Tim Horton's (haven't made a timmies stop in over a month so I deserved it). I have been craving an iced capp for over a week and it just hasn't gone away.
    I also had a painful leg cramp this morning so I share in your misery.

Mmmm...iced cap. I think being preggers brings about the weirdest cravings. I've never had a Big Mac in my life. Why do I crave one? How does it even make sense to want something you've never tasted? They don't look appealing to me, so I have no idea how that works.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

just catching up on housework here, plans are in the works to paint the kitchen, already have the paint. can't wait to get it all done.
    Madden'smomma... can you share the link with me for the FB group. im sure there are a tons of things i can swap.. if u don't mind.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No. 1: it doesn't matter if she's been there 20 years or 2 months. It's not an excuse to avoid treating people with respect!

No. 2: confront her. Get you and herself into a boardoom and hash it out. Just you telling her that you won't stand for it anymore might work in your favour. Then, if she continues in front of anyone, just start saying no and see what happens.

No. 3: another tactic is ask confirmation by email that she asked you to do something. If I remember correctly from other posts, your spineless boss backs up her passing her work around? Well, then, start building a case. She asks you to make photocopies, send her an email: "I just want to confirm that you asked me to photocopy pages X to Z from the procedure manual, correct?" I'm using photocopies which is an extreme example, but you need to start documenting her unreasonable requests. Eventually, you can go to your boss, or over your bosses head, and show what's happening.

No. 4: definitely talk it over with her dad. I'm surprised you've let it go so long. At the very least, ask advice on how to deal with the situation and say you want to handle it on your own.

Considering you're related to the owner, I'm very surprised that this co-worker is not being more diplomatic. Believe me, I worked in a family owned company, and even though family members on the payroll never showed up for work, we would never, and I do mean never, have complained about it to their faces, theirs or their father's. That she is going so takes some gumption and makes me wonder if something is going on that she thinks her position is so secure.

[QUOTE=SassyAshley;5501747]Sadly I am just the latest in a what seems like a long line of people she has had issue with and found out some stuff I did not know before regarding her and people who used to work there. There does not seem to be much we can do as whenever anyone goes to our boss his response is she has been here 20+ years, he even that a co worker who has been with the company 2 years longer than her.

All 3 of us had our moments including when I moved into that office being told I was not welcome (I think she thought I would tell them I wasn't moving and staying where I was previously seated at the other end of the building). But it is so hard to speak to her, She constantly tells us how she wants to be part of the team but to do so "I need" "I want" "I feel" she has never heard the saying there is no I in team and ever gets mad at how well me and the other girl work together.

Sadly looking for another job is not an option for me, I work for my family's company (which turns our is her issue with me, it has been pointed out she has an issue "with us kids who got to just got walk into the company")

I am not the type of person who goes running to my Dad with my problems, I have worked very hard to prove yes my family owns this company but that I get very little special treatment and my Dad has even made sure until recently that all of us worked under someone where were not related too. We get very little special treatment if anything we are expected to work harder because of who we are, if everyone else working the same job as you works 8 hour you need to do 9 to 10 hours and we are also taught that nothing is below us, if someone asks us for help we have to try to help and this is reason I can now work every position within our office. If things do not get better I may have to go to my dad, I really do not want too but if I have to I have to. Just trying to wait until at least next week because my Opa is going in for major surgery tomorrow so my Dad will be at the hospital with him.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Well, it's all fine and dandy from his part that he doesn't want to get involved, but it would seem that he needs to get involved if you did all you could to deal with it and the problem rests on the other party.

Have you tried taling with the other party, I mean by that, directly confront? At best, all three of you should get into a room and hash it out. Can you give us an example of something that happened?

Another thing I could suggest is to get some counselling. I did this by going to the local university. What about looking for another job?

Sometimes it doesn't even have anything to do with us. For a couple of years I was accused of being rude because I didn't break out into a smile everytime anyone addressed me. It came to the point where I couldn't even voice an objection to anything without being written up in my evaluations as " being uncooperative". The thing is, it wasn't me. It was the person projecting his insecurities on me. Even though he was in a senior position, he had no backbone when it came to dealing with difficult situations with anyone.

Thank you

I do not really get vacation at work, the whole company shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas but it is just that Christmas so a lot of family stuff not really the right time to be going away. When I go away it is usually to Hotels or renting a place with a kitchen when we go with my dad. I am not much of a camping girl, I am so not an outdoors girl. Since we do go away often we usually have money set aside and when we go away it is for a weekend, usually to just get away.

I did this once both shoes were black but had one fake leather and one cloth black flat, it was a special day but the good news was no one noticed but me

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    You have no idea how many times I've done this. Either because I washed my coat on the weekend and emptied my pockets, changed bags, left the keys in the front door.... I can get into the garage, so some summers, I've taken out the weeding tools and pulled out weeds in full business dress clothes on my hands and knees. I don't know what attracts more stares, weeding in a business suit or loitering on your own lawn for hours until DH gets home.
    OMG...That's too funny!
    Such a lovely pictured you painted too, I could see it.
    Thanks for the laugh...Thank God I had finish my cup of tea.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I also had a painful leg cramp this morning so I share in your misery.

Mmmm...iced cap. I think being preggers brings about the weirdest cravings. I've never had a Big Mac in my life. Why do I crave one? How does it even make sense to want something you've never tasted? They don't look appealing to me, so I have no idea how that works.
    I had bad cravings for iced capps when I was pregnant with DS 5 years ago too, but back then I was working part time at Timmies so that could explain why!

I also had, and have, cravings for hot dogs with cheese and bacon. SO GOOD, mmmm. But rarely eat them when I'm not pregnant lol

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Funny you should say that, I also crave something when I was pregnant that I had never eaten before and it still doesn't make ANY sense to me either, that you can want to eat something that you have never tasted before . Pregnancy can sometimes be weird I guess!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    just catching up on housework here, plans are in the works to paint the kitchen, already have the paint. can't wait to get it all done.
    Madden'smomma... can you share the link with me for the FB group. im sure there are a tons of things i can swap.. if u don't mind.
    I will PM you Mrs Sunshine
    It's a closed group so you have to be added by a member and approved. I think you can only add people you are facebook friends with or by email.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    What are everyone's plans for this weekend?

What is on your shopping lists?? (haven't had a chance to check flyers yet, maybe this afternoon)
    Tomorrow we're having dinner out for someone's birthday. Sunday, I'm thinking I might go check out the Quilt Show being held at Upper Canada Village this weekend. If the weather's nice, of course.

Haven't thought up my shopping list yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Saw that Value Village is having their 50% off sale on Monday from 9 am - 9 pm. Not sure if it's all locations or not.

will probably be passing on this one. by the time I get there after work all the good stuff is gone, no matter what they say about putting new stuff out all day.

I prefer the Talize 50% sales as they open the doors early at 7 a.m. so I can pop in before work.

Page 91 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information