Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I was really embarassed oh well it happens - those slippers are so comfy
    My sister takes the Go Train to work. One afternoon she dropped her pen and bent down at her desk to get it and realized she was wearing 2 different colour shoes lol Same shoe but she had one in black and one in brown lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly I am just the latest in a what seems like a long line of people she has had issue with and found out some stuff I did not know before regarding her and people who used to work there. There does not seem to be much we can do as whenever anyone goes to our boss his response is she has been here 20+ years, he even that a co worker who has been with the company 2 years longer than her.

All 3 of us had our moments including when I moved into that office being told I was not welcome (I think she thought I would tell them I wasn't moving and staying where I was previously seated at the other end of the building). But it is so hard to speak to her, She constantly tells us how she wants to be part of the team but to do so "I need" "I want" "I feel" she has never heard the saying there is no I in team and ever gets mad at how well me and the other girl work together.

Sadly looking for another job is not an option for me, I work for my family's company (which turns our is her issue with me, it has been pointed out she has an issue "with us kids who got to just got walk into the company")

I am not the type of person who goes running to my Dad with my problems, I have worked very hard to prove yes my family owns this company but that I get very little special treatment and my Dad has even made sure until recently that all of us worked under someone where were not related too. We get very little special treatment if anything we are expected to work harder because of who we are, if everyone else working the same job as you works 8 hour you need to do 9 to 10 hours and we are also taught that nothing is below us, if someone asks us for help we have to try to help and this is reason I can now work every position within our office. If things do not get better I may have to go to my dad, I really do not want too but if I have to I have to. Just trying to wait until at least next week because my Opa is going in for major surgery tomorrow so my Dad will be at the hospital with him.

[QUOTE=blueeyetea;5500623]Well, it's all fine and dandy from his part that he doesn't want to get involved, but it would seem that he needs to get involved if you did all you could to deal with it and the problem rests on the other party.

Have you tried taling with the other party, I mean by that, directly confront? At best, all three of you should get into a room and hash it out. Can you give us an example of something that happened?

Another thing I could suggest is to get some counselling. I did this by going to the local university. What about looking for another job?

Sometimes it doesn't even have anything to do with us. For a couple of years I was accused of being rude because I didn't break out into a smile everytime anyone addressed me. It came to the point where I couldn't even voice an objection to anything without being written up in my evaluations as " being uncooperative". The thing is, it wasn't me. It was the person projecting his insecurities on me. Even though he was in a senior position, he had no backbone when it came to dealing with difficult situations with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Sadly what I have been told it is true, it came from a really reliable source and it is not the first time I have heard this comment. She has made variations of the comments to my face. Sadly my boss is no help last year when I got told I had to play nice with her and I asked how am I supposed to do this since I thought we had resolved he issue I got told he did not want to get involved but I needed to fix it and got told out issues were my immaturity (not to sound rude but I am anything but immature especially when I am at work and have been told his by many people) and that we are from two different generations. Sadly I know this is not the issue and I know the real issue but unless someone know how I can change who I am there is no way to resolve our issue. I would ask to me moved positions but fear if I do this we will lose another person.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Good morning ladies

Today i have to do some turning of my compost pile and some weeding and that will be it for me.It is suppose to be very hot this weekend and into next week,i won't be able to do much outside as i get heat exhaustion very easily.

Ashley i'm sorry you are having problems i hope it gets resolved.I know what it's like working with someone like this

Off to have breakfast
    I do not really get vacation at work, the whole company shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas but it is just that Christmas so a lot of family stuff not really the right time to be going away. When I go away it is usually to Hotels or renting a place with a kitchen when we go with my dad. I am not much of a camping girl, I am so not an outdoors girl. Since we do go away often we usually have money set aside and when we go away it is for a weekend, usually to just get away.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Just curious: if you go away on vacation, where and what to do like to do? Do you camp, stay in hotels, visit family, and/or have any other suggestion for accommodations? What activities are you likely to do during a vacation?

For me this year, it's a combination of staying with family and renting a cottage. I have relatives in the US, which whom we'll be staying for 5 days and then it's 7 days in Cape Cod. Of all the options available for lodging in Cape Cod, camping is the cheapest option, but it wasn't convenient for us this year. Some campgrounds offer RV's for rent, but after looking at cottages, I found a cottage by a lake and 20 minutes from the beach at a cheaper cost.

With my relatives, we plan on visiting one of the museums in Boston and do some shopping. In Cape Cod, we want to spend a day in Nantucket and maybe drive to Providence for one day, but really, all we want to do is spend some time at the beach.

I did this once both shoes were black but had one fake leather and one cloth black flat, it was a special day but the good news was no one noticed but me

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My sister takes the Go Train to work. One afternoon she dropped her pen and bent down at her desk to get it and realized she was wearing 2 different colour shoes lol Same shoe but she had one in black and one in brown lol

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I got thinking about the time it takes to snag FPCs via Facebook and have decided I'm not going to play that game any longer. It takes way to much time and time for me is valuable....as well, I've received freebies and they just end up stashed in drawers. I have been able to get a ton of stuff done around the place, including starting a 'kitchen garden' simply by staying off the computer

Our garage is now organized...great accomplishment....it's actually very freeing! Still getting rid of more clutter to free up space. When cleaning out the garage, I found four rolls of various tape (duct tape, packing tape etc) - no more going out to buy stuff we already have! This has saved me way more money than FPCs ever would. Have a great day all!!

I limit my time on the computer now too as I get a lot more done too.

Congrats on the cleaning of the garage! I spent time with DH last summer and got him motivated especially when he kept saving odds and ends of things he was going to do. Finally got through to him.. if you haven't done it yet you never will. I can imagine your satisfaction especially now you can find things.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I guarantee you are going to smile when you read this, I'm such a dork

I cancelled the coupon group last night as we were going to be such a small group and everyone travels atleast 30 mins. each way. Anyways I met up with a lady this am from the group to do a product swap since the meeting was cancelled last night (thanks MaddensMomma for such a great idea). SO I get dressed nicely, make up etc. and I'm 1/2 way there and I realize I have my really really comfy slippers on OMG, what do I do I'm such a dork (lol). I meet her and explain about my slippers she laughs. I end up going to G&T because I wanted to get some cheap toilet paper and I purchased a super cute and comfy pair of flip flops because I still have WM & FreshCo. to go to.

That's the funny part.

I must have hit WM at the perfect time because I'm talking to any employee about the small box of cereal being the same price as the big box, makes no sense she then says buy the big box and I say well I have a B2G1 but only good small box, so I decide to wait another week she thens says oh you coupon (OMG) I said yes she takes out a whole tare pad of B2 Crush, scheweepes 6x591ml etc and gives me 2, I said why do you have the whole tare pad, she says because people will steal the whole thing (I know some people will) I was too embarassed to ask for more. So I head over to the meat counter and OMG pink sticker heaven on Marc Angelos came to $1.87 each x2 after coupon attached, Schneiders breakfast sausages with $2.00 peelies attached = 1.57 (x6 packages), premade lean ground beef burgers $3.50, I normally wouldn't have purchased them but could not resist the price. I get talking to the meat lady and she said they have to have everything reduced and out on the counter by 9AM, mental note permanently imprinted in my brain (lol) time to start shopping in the am instead of the afternoon/evening.

So hope you had a great giggle about my slippers
    Great shopping deals!!!

Sorry, but I had to have a chuckle about your slippers. DH almost went to work once with his slippers on, he said it is because they are so comfy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hi ladies! Hope all is well. I've been reading when I can but the last two days have been crazy busy with work.......all part timers, no regular staff=makes for a hairy day. Wondering if anyone wants to trade for the Save $1 wub 2 Christie crackers? I'm looking for ALOT of them as we go through them like nobodys business! Please pm me Will check in again tomorrow!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I have to tell my funny "shoes" story. I once got up for an early meeting - in the winter - so it's dark. I reached into the closet - grabbed my shoes and put them in my shoe bag and put on my boots. When I got to the school where the meeting is being held - I realized I have 2 - not only different COLOURED shoes - but one is flat and one has a heel! I just burst out laughing as I imagined myself teetering into the meeting trying to look like the "consultant" they had called in!!!!

It was gorgeous here today but I didn't have much time outside except to help my dh prepare the lawn and de-stick it so he could cut the grass. I was continuing to unpack and deal with mail that we had received while we were away. I went out to pick up a prescription for my dh and to take my db home after supper and managed to find a KEY LIME PIE on for half price! (at RCSS) and also a pack of salad with a pink sticker. DH had wanted me to pick up a "BAD TREAT" but for the price of the regular Dairy Queen treat, we got a PIE! I LOVE KEY LIME with Merangue!
    Frugal tip of the day: hmmmm..... I always try to compare the price with sales+coupons on Thursday with those for the following week. That way, you have a day to take advantage of the sales about to expire before the new ones come in.
    I have just finished wrapping my dnephew's bday present with the same paper that I used last year (Blue background with various coloured stars) I wonder if he'll notice?- I bought a big roll of it a few years ago and it's generic enough for anyone. I bought the bday card at a sale when The Bargain Shop was going out of business. I bought part of his present in a clearance on one of my trips to the states and the other part (an e-game) long ago when someone had a 2 for 1 sale. And the bow is recycled from Christmas gifts.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I was really embarassed oh well it happens - those slippers are so comfy
    I have step outside in my slippers before, but never got very far, somehow it feels different to me and I always look down to see why, then I notice "oh my slippers" and run back in to change them .

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`ve never done that with shoes but I did put on a dark blue turtleneck when I wanted black and managed to put it on backwards too. I didn`t notice til my sister pointed it out.

On another note of stupidity...I just locked myself out of the house. My sister was here and I walked out to the car with her when she was leaving at 12:30. Tried to come in the house and the door was locked. Of course I didn`t have any keys on me so I couldn`t unlock the car either so I could use the garage door opener. Rang the doorbell, banged on the door, yelled DH name but he was sleeping and couldn`t wake him up. Our neighbour has a key and I saw his bedroom light was on so I went to get his key. I think I woke him up. I felt so bad getting him up at almost 1:00 am. Tomorrow I`m getting my key back from a friend that doesn`t need hers anymore and will hide it somewhere.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Hi ladies! Hope all is well. I've been reading when I can but the last two days have been crazy busy with work.......all part timers, no regular staff=makes for a hairy day. Wondering if anyone wants to trade for the Save $1 wub 2 Christie crackers? I'm looking for ALOT of them as we go through them like nobodys business! Please pm me Will check in again tomorrow!

If you don't have any luck here, try contacting Bricon1621. I just completed a trade with her yesterday and got 15 of them
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It is officially the first day of summer today. I don't have anything planned so far other than getting some blood work done. Laundry is all done as I did it last night instead of waiting for the weekend. I am sure I will find enough to keep me busy today anyways. Hope everyone has a super day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

we are a busy bunch -great deals ladies-jasperand char and avoncallingyou you are pretty thifty-like me -I am going to a wedding shower on sunday and I already have the gifts from sales months ago-well I am back to shoving debris from our bathroom reno into small liquor store boxes to take to the dump-its a lot of work and heavy lifting of the boxes in the heat -gonna hang out clothes on the line saved on hydro from washing at 6.20 this morning -went to bingo with a neighbour last night -not a gambler but did it in honour of my mom -who loved it -cost 16.00 -cheap Thursday night-but didn't win had fun chatting -its great to start feeling better since mom has been gone 3 months now(forgot my water at home on counter-had to pay 1.60 for a bottle -very unfrugal of me -but see we all forget thingsd -slipper storey was cute jaspernad char

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning ladies!! I hope you are all well!!

I went out shopping last night for the kids party on Saturday and spent $96 at the dollar store.... Geez!!! Lol! But I am almost done shopping for the party so it was worth it to get most stuff in one stop!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yippee, it is Friday. Have to work tomorrow but oh well what can you do, good news is all of July I only have 1 Saturday and I cannot wait until the long weekend and 3 days off.

Was planning on a no shopping weekend but there is warehouse sale about 45 minutes from where I live I want to go too plus Sobey's has ground beef on sale and as previously mentioned I will be all over that sale. I was really hoping going into summer someone would put it on for $1.99/lb (a girl can dream right?) but I will have to settle for $2.49/lb, I could save $0.02 and go to Foodland but to be honest our Foodland is in the middle of no where and I really do not like it so I will pay the extra $0.02/lb and go to Sobey's which we have locally or the other Sobey's which is on my grocery store route for weekend shopping. As well this should make mom happy as she has been whining for days (but feels a lot longer) that she needs nachos and soon.

Also saw a few other things we wanted which line up with expiring coupons so I am happy. Only problem is we have had to delay our furniture delivery (house is not clean and truck is in for service) so I will have to make due without my new freezer. Hoping to not be too tired when I get off work tonight and can maybe clean the freezer we will have to wait and see how I feel.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Not feeling great this morning, woke up on the wrong side of the bed Not really, but I've been having trouble sleeping lately, waking up with very painful leg cramps all throughout the night. Can't wait until this pregnancy is over.

Was SO close to calling in sick this morning, but we really need the money and this month is already a short pay month (I get paid bi-monthly so my pay periods can be anywhere from 10 - 12 days). This month I have 2 x 10 day pay periods instead of the usual 11 day pay period and a 12 day pay period, so can't afford to miss any time other than my midwife appointments.

I did treat myself to an iced capp this morning at Tim Horton's (haven't made a timmies stop in over a month so I deserved it). I have been craving an iced capp for over a week and it just hasn't gone away.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!! Going to get through this work day and then it's time to enjoy the weekend! Planning on getting some things done around the house tomorrow but tonight is party night lol Hope to wash tons of bedding and hang out to dry and clean out the closet and move winter stuff in the basement. I think I can do that safely now!

Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information