User Tag List

Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great Question blueeyetea!

Last year was the 1st year that we went on a mini vacation (2 nights) in hotel in Kingston (2 hour drive each way) we were able to do this because I have won a prepaid MC from a BIOBEST contest totaling $125.00 which help pay for the hotel. I booked the hotel in advance and got a CAA discount which absolutely reduced the rate. The hotel had a water park in it and it was awesome for the kids to blow off some steam and have tons of fun. We ate at East Side Marios as kids got to eat free and it was 1/2 prize appetizers as well which was a bonus. We had coupons for Fort Henry from a booklet that the kids get at the end of the school year. Also we went during the week and just before the summertime price inflastion. We went to Chucky Cheese OMG what a blast, had so much fun, had a coupon for a meal deal with tokens and if the kids bring their report card they got free tokens. So all in all with the gas and hotel it was $300.00 for 2 nights sleep, we packed drinks in a cooler for the hotel and on the road, snacks and we purchased muffins for breakfast.

This year we are going to the US with my parents no cost to us except for groceries while on the road, my parents are bringing their rv so no cost for hotel/motel, we can cook, we will eat 1 meal out each day (only going for 2 days) and can bring back lots of stuff. So should be a cheap vacation. I am planning on bringing $500.00 for the 2 days for food, groceries, shopping, school clothes, shoes for the kids for back to school and need to start researching the coupon policies where we are going and start clipping/ordering coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Just curious: if you go away on vacation, where and what to do like to do? Do you camp, stay in hotels, visit family, and/or have any other suggestion for accommodations? What activities are you likely to do during a vacation?

For me this year, it's a combination of staying with family and renting a cottage. I have relatives in the US, which whom we'll be staying for 5 days and then it's 7 days in Cape Cod. Of all the options available for lodging in Cape Cod, camping is the cheapest option, but it wasn't convenient for us this year. Some campgrounds offer RV's for rent, but after looking at cottages, I found a cottage by a lake and 20 minutes from the beach at a cheaper cost.

With my relatives, we plan on visiting one of the museums in Boston and do some shopping. In Cape Cod, we want to spend a day in Nantucket and maybe drive to Providence for one day, but really, all we want to do is spend some time at the beach.

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I got thinking about the time it takes to snag FPCs via Facebook and have decided I'm not going to play that game any longer. It takes way to much time and time for me is valuable....as well, I've received freebies and they just end up stashed in drawers. I have been able to get a ton of stuff done around the place, including starting a 'kitchen garden' simply by staying off the computer

Our garage is now organized...great accomplishment....it's actually very freeing! Still getting rid of more clutter to free up space. When cleaning out the garage, I found four rolls of various tape (duct tape, packing tape etc) - no more going out to buy stuff we already have! This has saved me way more money than FPCs ever would. Have a great day all!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

smart shopper award for the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning Everyone! What a beauty day it is! Took DS last night to buy a suit and shirt for Grad. Glad we left it to the last minute (I had to wait as he is growing like a weed!) And they were on sale!!! 25% off. He thought he looked "dapper" he told me lol. So I was thrilled that both were on sale (shirt was reg $25) but it rang up for $9.50 on clearance!!! So a better deal! And then I hit Mark's and found the clearance table! Grabbed a few x-mas gifts, remote control car $4.99 (reg $29.99) 2 die cast corvettes $1.99 (reg $27.99) and 2 Remote control holders $1.99 (reg $19.99) and 5 tank tops on for $7.99 then used a Spend $50 save $10 coupon. I don't mind spending money when I get good deals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So true you when you can't find items/stuff you end up buying them over and over, great find on the tape and other stuff much better than FPCs since you already have them.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I got thinking about the time it takes to snag FPCs via Facebook and have decided I'm not going to play that game any longer. It takes way to much time and time for me is valuable....as well, I've received freebies and they just end up stashed in drawers. I have been able to get a ton of stuff done around the place, including starting a 'kitchen garden' simply by staying off the computer

Our garage is now organized...great accomplishment....it's actually very freeing! Still getting rid of more clutter to free up space. When cleaning out the garage, I found four rolls of various tape (duct tape, packing tape etc) - no more going out to buy stuff we already have! This has saved me way more money than FPCs ever would. Have a great day all!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I guarantee you are going to smile when you read this, I'm such a dork

I cancelled the coupon group last night as we were going to be such a small group and everyone travels atleast 30 mins. each way. Anyways I met up with a lady this am from the group to do a product swap since the meeting was cancelled last night (thanks MaddensMomma for such a great idea). SO I get dressed nicely, make up etc. and I'm 1/2 way there and I realize I have my really really comfy slippers on OMG, what do I do I'm such a dork (lol). I meet her and explain about my slippers she laughs. I end up going to G&T because I wanted to get some cheap toilet paper and I purchased a super cute and comfy pair of flip flops because I still have WM & FreshCo. to go to.

That's the funny part.

I must have hit WM at the perfect time because I'm talking to any employee about the small box of cereal being the same price as the big box, makes no sense she then says buy the big box and I say well I have a B2G1 but only good small box, so I decide to wait another week she thens says oh you coupon (OMG) I said yes she takes out a whole tare pad of B2 Crush, scheweepes 6x591ml etc and gives me 2, I said why do you have the whole tare pad, she says because people will steal the whole thing (I know some people will) I was too embarassed to ask for more. So I head over to the meat counter and OMG pink sticker heaven on Marc Angelos came to $1.87 each x2 after coupon attached, Schneiders breakfast sausages with $2.00 peelies attached = 1.57 (x6 packages), premade lean ground beef burgers $3.50, I normally wouldn't have purchased them but could not resist the price. I get talking to the meat lady and she said they have to have everything reduced and out on the counter by 9AM, mental note permanently imprinted in my brain (lol) time to start shopping in the am instead of the afternoon/evening.

So hope you had a great giggle about my slippers

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so true momof5boys.. cleaning out my cupboards a week ago ...a whole bag of sugar.. prolly had it the whole time ive been buying sugar for the last six months tsk..

anyway.. we were going to buy new end tables for our living room.. well came up with a better idea.. took $1 shelf liner from the $store and very carefully covered just the tops of the black tables. omg what a difference. matches everything in our room.
    so instead we splurged and and bought a $3 clock for the wall. everytime were watching tv hubby says what time is it.. no more.. lol
    i so wish i could share pictures.. im just so impressed with all of the cost saving ideas were coming up with to spruce our place up.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

HA! btdt jas.. my slippers are so comfy(and falling apart) i've been half way to the car and hubby says r u not coming.. LOL. whoops.
    i really wish our Wm was a full sized one.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I guarantee you are going to smile when you read this, I'm such a dork

I cancelled the coupon group last night as we were going to be such a small group and everyone travels atleast 30 mins. each way. Anyways I met up with a lady this am from the group to do a product swap since the meeting was cancelled last night (thanks MaddensMomma for such a great idea). SO I get dressed nicely, make up etc. and I'm 1/2 way there and I realize I have my really really comfy slippers on OMG, what do I do I'm such a dork (lol). I meet her and explain about my slippers she laughs. I end up going to G&T because I wanted to get some cheap toilet paper and I purchased a super cute and comfy pair of flip flops because I still have WM & FreshCo. to go to.

That's the funny part.

I must have hit WM at the perfect time because I'm talking to any employee about the small box of cereal being the same price as the big box, makes no sense she then says buy the big box and I say well I have a B2G1 but only good small box, so I decide to wait another week she thens says oh you coupon (OMG) I said yes she takes out a whole tare pad of B2 Crush, scheweepes 6x591ml etc and gives me 2, I said why do you have the whole tare pad, she says because people will steal the whole thing (I know some people will) I was too embarassed to ask for more. So I head over to the meat counter and OMG pink sticker heaven on Marc Angelos came to $1.87 each x2 after coupon attached, Schneiders breakfast sausages with $2.00 peelies attached = 1.57 (x6 packages), premade lean ground beef burgers $3.50, I normally wouldn't have purchased them but could not resist the price. I get talking to the meat lady and she said they have to have everything reduced and out on the counter by 9AM, mental note permanently imprinted in my brain (lol) time to start shopping in the am instead of the afternoon/evening.

So hope you had a great giggle about my slippers
    Cute! and great finds Nancy .

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

What do you put your leftovers in (ziploc containers, glass containers, baggies, milk bags, margarine containers)?

And when freezing your extra meals in the freezer what do you freeze them in?

Question of the Day

?????? anyone want to post???
    It depends whos doing it and when we plan to use them. BF tends to put everything in the fridge in bowls with saran wrap. If i';m freezing something then i ziploc container (or whatever brand we have) or tupperware bowl it. I even use baggies depending on what it is.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

posted by another Sc member but thought it was worth mentioning as this is awesome for school snacks - Quacker MIR

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/358313-...-found-canada/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

MrsSunshine you are a decorating princess. The savings are enormous, great job on your DIY projects and frugal ways/thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so true momof5boys.. cleaning out my cupboards a week ago ...a whole bag of sugar.. prolly had it the whole time ive been buying sugar for the last six months tsk..

anyway.. we were going to buy new end tables for our living room.. well came up with a better idea.. took $1 shelf liner from the $store and very carefully covered just the tops of the black tables. omg what a difference. matches everything in our room.
    so instead we splurged and and bought a $3 clock for the wall. everytime were watching tv hubby says what time is it.. no more.. lol
    i so wish i could share pictures.. im just so impressed with all of the cost saving ideas were coming up with to spruce our place up.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

too cute, I've been caught/reminded by dh too but he wasn't home this am - oh well I have a pair of flip flops (I have not owned a pair of flip flops since I was really young primary school).

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    HA! btdt jas.. my slippers are so comfy(and falling apart) i've been half way to the car and hubby says r u not coming.. LOL. whoops.
    i really wish our Wm was a full sized one.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was really embarassed oh well it happens - those slippers are so comfy

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Cute! and great finds Nancy .

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well completed another diy.. i think its my last (no promises) had a pair of red tab sheers i bought at a garage sale for $1 from Ikea.. cut off 3/4 of them and took red ribbon i already had. and fused them on the bottoms ironed up edge I did.. so you can't see my crappy cutting job... and voila. a very chic pair of curtains.. ima so proud of myself.

hmm what can i do next lol.. oh i know. laundry. LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just did grocery tallies

Total spent $114.37 including my new flip flops

coupons used $229.99 (I didn't think I had that many)

Well stocked on burgers and breakfast sausages for a while - great timing with school ending and many many trips to the cottage

Funny thing was is that the cashier was new so the CSM did my whole transaction at WM.

PS Starting next week I will be allocating $125.00 for groceries as that seems to be where I fall and this way I won`t be over budget every week

Check your Giant Tiger I was there today and they have nice boxes of fancy cookies `Legato`reg. $2.97 on clearance for .74 a box they only had 1 but will make a nice present for 1 of the kids teachers.

G&T also had many many baking pans, bread loafs, cookie sheets on for $3.00, I got a package of 2 loaf pans for $3.00 brand is Sunbeam - such an awesome deal as I have been putting this off as WM they are $5.00+ each.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jun 20th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast

Thread Information