User Tag List

Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I used to freeze a lot of veggies but found it`s really not cheaper. It`s a lot of work and I would rather spend that time doing something I enjoy like crocheting. We have our own rhubarb and apples so I do freeze some of those. (pre-measured) It`s nice to just get a pack out when you decide to make a pie or crisp. We buy strawberries by the flat from a farmer so we eat what we want and then freeze the rest. Still have a bunch from last year so I won`t be doing any more. I`m still trying to downsize the freezers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Got 2 important jobs done on the house this weekend, cleaned the gutters (found a mini stick in one!!!) and my dripping tub tap no longer drips. And the best part was that the part was free at RONA!!! Moen has free replacement policy ))) Had I known how easy and quick it was to fix would have done so long ago! Oh well at least it's done now and no plumber bill

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lol - a small black maternity dress.

hope you feel better soon

You definitely got alot done lucky you get so much help from your family.

I'm jealous I'm still waiting for dh to put a up a few more shelves in my stockpile room (lol) I have cleared a few walking paths until then.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    I am so tired and sick today. Really disappointed as I was hoping to get up early and hit the Talize 50% off sale at 7 a.m. before work, but I barely made it into work today on time. I could really use a small black maternity dress to wear for work and maybe some dressy capris

Woke up with a sore throat and achey body. Don't know if I'm coming down with something or if my throat and body is sore from working on the basement for 12 hours yesterday and breathing in all that dust.

On a good note we got a lot done yesterday, DH and FIL finished the rest of the electrical they needed to do, framed a bulkhead, and we drywalled the rest of the basement (except part of 1 wall and the bulkhead). We ran out of drywall after dinner and everywhere closes early Sunday.

I also moved my stockpile shelves to their forever home. It is now easier to access my shelves and much more space and light. I have room to set up 1 more shelf now, or to stockpile TP there instead of on my shelves. My shelves look bare from living off what we have, hoping to start stocking up before the baby comes!
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Hubby has been on the phone with Sears all morning. He went to use our lawn mower last night to cut the grass and fertilize before it rains this week. He got 1/2 the grass cut and the lawn mower just stopped working. We only bought this lawn mower 3 months ago and didn't even use it for the first month!

It is now discontinued and hubby has been adamant that we don't want it fixed, it shouldn't have to be fixed already if it's only 3 months old. They are going to replace it with the next model up

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great news on the upgrade!

Hubby has been on the phone with Sears all morning. He went to use our lawn mower last night to cut the grass and fertilize before it rains this week. He got 1/2 the grass cut and the lawn mower just stopped working. We only bought this lawn mower 3 months ago and didn't even use it for the first month!

It is now discontinued and hubby has been adamant that we don't want it fixed, it shouldn't have to be fixed already if it's only 3 months old. They are going to replace it with the next model up

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    lol - a small black maternity dress.

hope you feel better soon

You definitely got alot done lucky you get so much help from your family.

I'm jealous I'm still waiting for dh to put a up a few more shelves in my stockpile room (lol) I have cleared a few walking paths until then.
    LOL I just would like to put on an outfit for once and feel good about it... rather than looking like a big sack of potatoes for the next 2 1/2 months

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

with July fast approaching please suggest a name for July's frugal chatter.

Also is anyone implementing new strategies or such for your summer budgets?
    Crochetlady and YOU AND ME like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I couldn't resist, I knew what you meant, too cute to pass up, I just had a little giggle when I read it.

LOL I just would like to put on an outfit for once and feel good about it... rather than looking like a big sack of potatoes for the next 2 1/2 months

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Anyone want to share their meal plan for the week?

Monday - french fries with chicken fingers for the kiddos & pizza for me & dh

Tuesday - Porc loin with mashed tatters & veggies

Wednesday - Chicken breast

Thursday - breakfast sausage on the bbq

Friday - (dh will be at a bbq with co-workers) so I'll let the kiddos decide

Sat. - at the cottage

Sunday = at the cottage

Monday at the cottage

****at the cottage will be hot dogs, sausages, burgers, etc.....easy peasy foods with pasta salads as a side dish

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

with July fast approaching please suggest a name for July's frugal chatter.

Also is anyone implementing new strategies or such for your summer budgets?
    I think July Sizzling Savings has been most popular so far. I can't think of anything else right now, need a nap.

I am hoping to increase our grocery, household, hygeine budgets a bit to be able to stock up on a few things before the baby coupons.
    Would also like to start working in a budget to stock up on diapers/wipes. Will be grabbing a few tubs of wipes this week with No Frills $2 sale - $1 coupons (if I can find where I put them...lol)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

No new strategies really. I did tell my friends that I won`t be doing lunch anymore. Now we do coffee at McD`s. 1.49 for coffee and a muffin I can handle.

I want to make bigger payments on the CC but unexpected expenses keep coming up to prevent that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Use a B1G1 free coupon and then use a $1.00 coupon on the 1 product you are paying for, to me this is stacking but several people say it's okay and have been allowed to do this at various stores like WM and such box stores.
    Thanks
    I'm thinking this falls in a gray area and it's totally at the discretion of the store. For me personally, I consider this combining coupons, but I also understand the convoluted logic in saying it's not. Does it say anything on eithe of the coupons that they can't be used with other coupons/sales? I'm just thinking out loud, but don't some stores put restrictions like "not to be used with other sales/discounts, etc.".

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Anyone want to share their meal plan for the week?

Monday - french fries with chicken fingers for the kiddos & pizza for me & dh

Tuesday - Porc loin with mashed tatters & veggies

Wednesday - Chicken breast

Thursday - breakfast sausage on the bbq

Friday - (dh will be at a bbq with co-workers) so I'll let the kiddos decide

Sat. - at the cottage

Sunday = at the cottage

Monday at the cottage

****at the cottage will be hot dogs, sausages, burgers, etc.....easy peasy foods with pasta salads as a side dish
    Sounds yummy! Not sure of our meal plan yet, haven't even gotten groceries we have been so busy. Still have a bit of fresh fruits and veggies so may try to "make due" this week.

Crock pot roast beef dinner (had yesterday)
    Spaghetti and garlic bread
    Chicken chunkies and fries/sweet potato fries
    Chicken breasts with baked potatoes and corn
    Pork chops and Rice and peas

We will be having a BBQ at my aunt's trailer Saturday, and will be at IL's Sunday and Monday for dinner for DH's birthday and fireworks Monday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, they allow stacking with their store coupons, but there is a but... The windows on the RSCC/Loblaws coupons zone are very short, and not coordinated with store sales. I've never been able to use the coupon zone on a sale item. You'd be extremely luckly to hit the jackpot of sale price + zone coupon + manufacturer's coupon.

In other words, since you'd have to use the zone coupon and manufacturer coupon on a regular priced item, so the savings may be comparable to buying an item on sale and applying the manufacturer's coupon.

It's a great way to manipulate customers into thinking RSCC is giving them a gread deal.

See in the Ottawa area (RCSS) Real Canadian Super Store which I can't go to as I cannot drive there because it's to far and mostly my OCD.

Will accept a coupon zone as well as a Manufacturer coupon so that's stacking as well some others in ottawa/kanata claim their WM's will accept coupon zone coupons and treat as a competitor coupon so ex. $2.00 off Glad is entered as $2.00 competitor coupon, my WM doesn't do this but in Ottawa like I said apparently some WM will they do this.

The WM coupon policy states that they do accept competitor coupons but the coupon must have/be the value of the savings
    ie. $2.99 product - so $2.99 off, reg price $5.00 all examples

Anybody have thoughts comments, etc on this matter/subject

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Yes, they allow stacking with their store coupons, but there is a but... The windows on the RSCC/Loblaws coupons zone are very short, and not coordinated with store sales. I've never been able to use the coupon zone on a sale item. You'd be extremely luckly to hit the jackpot of sale price + zone coupon + manufacturer's coupon.

In other words, since you'd have to use the zone coupon and manufacturer coupon on a regular priced item, so the savings may be comparable to buying an item on sale and applying the manufacturer's coupon.

It's a great way to manipulate customers into thinking RSCC is giving them a gread deal.
    BUT if the item IS on sale at Walmart (i.e. Old Spice $2), they will still use the coupon zone ($1 off Old Spice) as a price match, AND take a $1 manufacturer's coupon.

Product MUST be on sale at Walmart though, they will not price match AND take a coupon zone as they consider the coupon zone a price match.

Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information