User Tag List

Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Take a moment and call hydro as I just saw something on the CBC or Global news last week about hydro removing trees close to their lines with the liability and all. Good luck and let me know what they say.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I would do that, but the tree is very close to hydro lines and I don't want to take the chance. Not only that, but when a branch is cut, three more grow out at the location, so it's just a matter of time before it needs to be cut again. My husband is getting advice and estimates from certified arborists. Even with our unexpertert eyes we can see that rot contributed to weaken the part that fell down.

Will keep you posted!
    Giseledta and YOU AND ME like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh grr. So DH's account was deposited $39.60 from the dental appt.......as I owed him $75 he is keeping it towards that........BOO!
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

What is your home reno/house project you have going on at this time? (could please decluttering, painting, bathroom, etc - anything goes) And are you doing it yourselves, part yourselves or hiring out?

----------------------------

Question of the Day

Does anyone feel that they need to add make changes to their existing budgets and be a little more generous in a certain category (groceries, stockpile, gas) with the summer months and/or in general with the rising costs of stuff?

TIPS:

I read a in book that my mom gave me the following;

1. Take your banana peels and bury them around your tomato plants - the tomato plans thrive with the potassium, worth trying.

2. If you have problems with ants put out oatmeal, they will eat the oatmeal and it will swell and bye bye ants.
    YOU AND ME and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning!!

My dd is turning 3 tomorrow, I have so much to do to get ready for the party still. I was wondering how much do you budget for birthday parties? Just the party not the gift(s)
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

What is your home reno/house project you have going on at this time? (could please decluttering, painting, bathroom, etc - anything goes) And are you doing it yourselves, part yourselves or hiring out?

Question of the Day

Does anyone feel that they need to add make changes to their existing budgets and be a little more generous in a certain category (groceries, stockpile, gas) with the summer months and/or in general with the rising costs of stuff?

TIPS:

1. Take your banana peels and bury them around your tomato plants - the tomato plans thrive with the potassium, worth trying.

2. If you have problems with ants put out oatmeal, they will eat the oatmeal and it will swell and bye bye ants.
    Yes. Our daycare bill soars to $900 a month in the summer months as all three require care @ $90 per day x 10. So $400 more than any other month of the year

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Question of the Day

TIPS:

We are working on the yard, deck and hot tub area is now done but we are digging out a fire pit. we don't hire anyone, we are very lucky to have handy and helpful friends and they only 'charge' dinner and some beer.

I am adding more money to the entertainment budget. We are entertaining a lot more right now so I need a little more in that area.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I rent so no more money for reno's etc. I did the garden, as much as it will be done this year

I spend more money on gas in the summer as we go back and forth to my parent's quite a bit, and gas prices seem to really jump. Plus we try and do more outdoor stuff, go to kid friendly places. Sadly a lot of them charge. I don't really entertain lol, too much of a private homebody for that We do a few more playdates as well which adds to the driving.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

When my kids had parties now 10 & 12, I used to budget $100.00 for the party with the cake, loot bags (is where most of the cash went - lol) and the food normally hot dogs, veggies and of course cake. Plus the present $. Because we are rural and parents had to drive 20 minutes each way I was very very generous with the loot bags ($5-$7.00 per child loot bag). Another inexpensive thing to add to the loot bags is caramel apples like candy apples but caramel, G&T used to sell the already make kits just needed the apples, caramel was cut in squares and you just needed to put in the oven for 15 minutes, big hit at the parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Good morning!!

My dd is turning 3 tomorrow, I have so much to do to get ready for the party still. I was wondering how much do you budget for birthday parties? Just the party not the gift(s)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Anyone have plans for the summer? Frugal ideas for activities? I'm always looking
    Well, I'm going to put having a baby down as one of the most unfrugal things you can possibly do. My frugal contribution is that I'll be staying home a lot but I also won't have a salary (also unfrugal). Next to that, I really can't help but make you look good in your frugal efforts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Yaaay!!! That's super amazing, but yes, odd that only $20 was missing. Maybe someone just needed the $20?

Ok, now I just need someone to turn in my necklace. <Good vibes, good vibes, good vibes....> When I called in to the police station, he said basically jewelery and cash are never returned. That's funny because it seems to be the only things I ever lose. I hope it turns up within the next 30 days. I miss it already.
    Sending you TONS of good vibes and hope that you find your necklace real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thank you! I didn't know they had lost and found ads, but it can't hurt to keep an eye out for the moment. I did find a similar necklace online though, but Tiffany & Co. in silver.
    Maybe try posting an ad on the lost and found section saying where you think you lost it? You never know...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

When my kids had parties now 10 & 12, I used to budget $100.00 for the party with the cake, loot bags (is where most of the cash went - lol) and the food normally hot dogs, veggies and of course cake. Plus the present $. Because we are rural and parents had to drive 20 minutes each way I was very very generous with the loot bags ($5-$7.00 per child loot bag). Another inexpensive thing to add to the loot bags is caramel apples like candy apples but caramel, G&T used to sell the already make kits just needed the apples, caramel was cut in squares and you just needed to put in the oven for 15 minutes, big hit at the parties.
    I try and pick up things for loot bags months in advance when I find a deal to keep the cost down. DS is a September baby so I'm sort of starting now. I always get Kool-Aid jammers since they are cool lol. My sister always makes the cake which is awesome and last year she supplied the piñata and all the candy! Plus made cupcakes and decorations so they could each make one to bring home. She really helps keep my costs down. I usually serve pizza and hot dogs. This year DS asked for tacos lol so will probably make them with pizza.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Good morning!!

So far we have only had parties with family, not friends. DS is only 4, we are debating whether to do one this year. He will be going into SK, but at a new school than where he is now, and his birthday is earlier on in the school year. Thinking of waiting until the next year before doing a "friends" party.

Last year we only spent $50 or so. We did a family bbq (hot dogs, hamburgers, salads) and snacks and drinks and 2 homemade cakes for about 20 people (including ourselves). Went over very well!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

That sounds like a fantastic trip, I wish I could drive, I would have liked to have just said hi
    We will go camping a few times this summer (it's getting expensive!) but we have everything now so just pay for the camp site. We eat like kings camping too so we food prep before we go so we don't spend the entire time cooking. (Last year the guy beside us would come over every meal while we were cooking to see what we were having. He said he was jealous lol ) When we go to Ottawa we will be staying in a house lol so nice and relaxing. And get to be tourists.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm so excited tomorrow is my coupon groups monthly exchange and thanks to MaddensMomma quite a few people are interested in trading products, thanks for the information on this a the link to the site you are a member of.

It's truly a fantastic idea to trade your stockpile items that you might have gone a little overboard (lol) or gotten for free for other items you can actually use.

I just put the 2nd coat on poly on the stairs a few minutes ago however dh thinks it may need a 3rd or even a 4th coat....well once it's done I should be good for a long while .

Dinner tonight is pork loin with veggies (EB free from a ways back), the kids will be estatic (lol) roll eyes, well there is always lots of cereal in the pantry and stockpile.

Hope everyone is having a great day, the sun is shining here again, going to go start a load of laundry and hang outside.

Cheers

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Now that my kids are older and don't have parties with friends over, maybe 1 for a sleep over, we add to the amount of the present because if they want a party it would still cost us more. So the kids tend to get extra $ on their gifts.

We do still give them the choice, ds#2 is only 10 but he prefers the more expensive gifts (don't we all).

I remember when I was a kid I loved going to parties, 1 time it was a treasure map to find the loot bags (so fun) another was a party at McDonalds and I thought they were rich (l0l) because my parents when I was small were pretty poor we even lived with my grandma for a couple years.

But I think all kids look forward to the loot bags and I love putting them together so much fun makes me feel like a kid again.

Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information