User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: To those of you who donate to food banks etc- thank you :)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm glad you let us know that you're going through a tough time. It's a brave thing to do! Even if we have nothing in your w/l, we can send you good wishes. You know you can always ask for a hug around here! Hugs to you and your smaller family!!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I'd say that sounds about right...along with diapers an pull ups too..I know when I called I was told they sometimes have them and I was shocked I had no idea...that would be a huge savings.

Thanks for the post !
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm sure hoping things get better for you soon!

Attachment 180399

We were stuck for a time years ago in a bad situation and had to make use of the food bank, as well. Once we were back on our feet, we have always donated as much as possible, as often as possible.

Patty, most food banks have a list of their most needed items.

The Saskatoon Food Bank currently is noting they need

• Infant formula
    • whole grain pastas and cereals
    • canned fruits and vegetables
    • canned meats and beans
    • 100% fruit juice
    • hearty soups and stews

They have also begun giving out gluten free food baskets, so are requesting those items as well.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Thanks, I definaely did that already though I. Regularly answer theisilk panel questionnaires and I hope to win a prize or something one day lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    BTW! Stretch, you can get a $2 off silk coupon for signing up for the Silk Club (drinksilk.ca) but it's a printable, not sure if you can use printables.
    gourmetsue and jasperandchar like this.
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    stretch, you are an AMAZING SCer - sorry to hear about what ur going thru. Pls send me ur WL and I will see what I have - even if I don't have stuff from ur WL, I'll send u over some FPC's/HV that you can trade for ones you need
    Thats so nice to hear!i had no idea you though highly of me! Lol thank you so much for your offer too and everyone is so amazing and generous I haven't been able to get off the computer since I got home!! Trying to keep up with everyone..I better stop!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

good for you taking the initiative and braving the stigmatism take care of you and your babes first and foremost, you are a grat mom and that proves it like other shave said don't be shy to ask for help.... form us either
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes like anna michelle stated thanks for being so brave -you have little ones to think off -my mom went to food banks years ago her first husband died at age 24 and left her with 2 little boys and some of her 8 siblings looked down on her -but she survived-fast forward many years later my hubby was out of work (strikes -layoffs) when our kids were little and we relied on family to help feed us-but sometimes you cant -thanks for sharing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wish you all the best Stretchthatdollar I think we all here at SC know that we can all be in a tough situation in a moment's notice. You have inspired many to continue their donations to not only foodbanks, but other organizations who accept clothing and household donations. Good luck and keep smiling, you are doing a great job for you and your son!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pandagal View Post
    I wish you all the best Stretchthatdollar I think we all here at SC know that we can all be in a tough situation in a moment's notice. You have inspired many to continue their donations to not only foodbanks, but other organizations who accept clothing and household donations. Good luck and keep smiling, you are doing a great job for you and your son!
    Thank you so much. That was definatley my intention...to let you all know that those donations DO help and are used by those who really need it (trust me, it's not worth it for the amount of lines you stand in and time it takes if you really don't need it...i think we were there for almost 3 hours!) it's not a waste of time to donate and I have always just given to family and friends because then I know who I am helping, but I will most definatley begin donate to Winnipeg harvest when I can.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Unfortunately I don't have anything from your WL, but I will keep my eyes open because I would love to help you out

Try to keep a positive mindset - positivity attracts more positivity!

Never pay retail
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Been there myself when I was a single mom. Try to get your basket earlier in the month... they usually have more as demand tends to be heaviest near the end of the month. You can also buy food to go with what you get if you go before you are broke. Here the need is so high, some people (like those on disability which is higher than welfare) are limited to three or four visits a year. August and September tend to be very good due to the generousity of home gardeners!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information