User Tag List

Page 203 of 654 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    good luck to you. if that happened to me I would honestly just not go. the suit is annoying but somewhat understandable (since they will cover the cost.) but the last minute babysitter would be a deal breaker for me. I don't trust a lot of people with my kids and there is no way I would scramble to find anyone to watch them on a holiday weekend.

i would be the same politely decline.. renting a suit ok... but to then ask people to re-arrange everything (cancelling other plans) and 6hrs away with no kids... no thanks..i get that they have a vision of their wedding but do they think kids can just be put in a box for a weekend? when your a parent you are a parent you come with strings (kids) and you can't randomly take a weekend away kid free, and 6 hr drive away is more then just having a babysitter for an afternoon that's most likely 2 nights away (1 day driving, 1 day event, 1 day driving)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Luckily my mom agreed to take DD to thanksgiving otherwise it would have been a Definite no go.
    ROMEO and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DC101 View Post
    Luckily my mom agreed to take DD to thanksgiving otherwise it would have been a Definite no go.

gotta love parents for that! though it's bitter sweet.. thanksgiving weekend (the weekend to be around family and give thanks) you don't get to spend with your kid
    ROMEO, francine1985 and DC101 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

me too, I looked for that item as well with no luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by couponkrystal View Post
    I hate it when I get a great coupon and then can't find the item anywhere. I was lucky enough to snag one of the Pillsbury gf cookie or pie crust and have exhausted myself and every store in my city looking for it. It seems that any store who had only got it by accident. What's the point of promoting a product if your customers can't buy it?
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Lost my $10.00 off next shopping trip coupon !!
    ROMEO and Durham Couponer like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    gotta love parents for that! though it's bitter sweet.. thanksgiving weekend (the weekend to be around family and give thanks) you don't get to spend with your kid
    You're absolutely right. I swore up and down when Christmas comes I want nothing to do with the pair. They don't even acknowledge their niece. Whole other rant but I'll save everyone from that.
    ROMEO and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post

Oh and I bought DD an ELSA costume on Ebay back on August 18th. They said expected delivery between Sept 12-Oct 6. I complained last week that it still hadn't arrived but they said I had to wait until the last expected date of delivery. Today I went to report it and ebay said I only have 45 days from purchase so now I can't report it. That I'd have to contact the seller and try and work things out that way. It's only $20 but I'm totally peeved. Now DD doesn't have an ELSA costume and she's been looking forward to being Elsa for Halloween. Short of spending $$$ for a custom one or driving to the US, I'm not sure what other options I have. GRRRR!
    Amazon has it too. Since amazon.CA brings it from US as well, and it's almost double the price, maybe you could go with the amazon.COM option. They ship to Canada (pretending I would like it shipped to Quebec gives me some $6 shipping) and even offer an option to have it before October 14.

*Sorry, I cannot post links yet.
    Last edited by silvana711; Thu, Oct 9th, 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: didn't include the quote
    ROMEO and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Thanks everyone!

I'm super conflicted because I contacted the seller and they said according to the tracking number Canada post does have the item but the arrive by date has been pushed back. Not sure how long to wait. So annoying!

But again thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely be looking into them!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks everyone!

I'm super conflicted because I contacted the seller and they said according to the tracking number Canada post does have the item but the arrive by date has been pushed back. Not sure how long to wait. So annoying!

But again thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely be looking into them!

Get the tracking number from the seller and call Canada Post and they should be able to tell you what's going on.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

went down to book my daughter's birthday today at Michaels (third year in a row she loves a craft birthday and it's affordable)it's a month till her birthday (and they will only book a month in advance) find out that no sorry they are not doing birthday parties for the next 3 months due to moving to a new location sometime in the new year... now... less then a month (her birthday is Nov 11th what is a mid week so hoping to book her birthday the weekend before) i'm left scrambling! i had it all planned out, the craft, the cupcakes, the secondary craft, craft based goodie bags and now i'm left trying to plan a birthday/book a location that won't rip a gaping hole in my wallet.. i loved michaels it was $50 for the room for 2 hours and a helper plus time to set up and help cleaning up (between room rental cost of crafts, cake, snacks, decorations it would cost me under $100)

i've spent the last 4 hours searching online everywhere i look weather is be a gym ($40+) or a conference room the starting rates are $30+ an hour! and thats no set up/clean up time no staff helpers or extra supplies (crayons, paint trays, tables covered in paper and they'd probably charge me a clean up fee for mess on the floor) and that's not even considering preplanned bouncy castle parties a rec center gym party (she's now think she's too old for) starts at $160+ even a cineplex party (which you have to book a month in advance and they can't even tell you when the movie is due to start so invite issues right there!) will cost me $18 a kid with a minimum 8 kids and lets not forget the $3 3D upgrade fee because god forbid them from having a 2D kids movie playing now a days and most activities (from laser tag, to rock climbing, to pottery, to girlie spa) seems to start at $20 a kid

it seems the only "cheap" alternatives are McDonalds (to me that is just a glorified playdate which a number of her friends can't go to) or swimming (umm yah right 10 6-7yr olds in a pool and a hubby that can't swim lol i'm crazy but not that crazy lol)

and since her birthday is in November i can't do outside (don't trust the weather)
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Birthday are expensive! We just booked DD's birthday for December and its $270! 10 kids plus her and her brother = 12 kids for $270! Insane. And that doesn't include food (you can order pizza or munchies on the day).

ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Midnightly, just have the party at home! Not just because it's cheaper, but you can relax more, enjoy the kids, and everyone will have a great time!
    ROMEO, Ciel and toban like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

People are so oblivious!
    We are having a pot luck at work today for the thanksgiving weekend, as one of the girls i work with was leaving yesterday i said, " see you tomorrow, what are you bringing to the potluck?"
    She goes, "pot luck? We're having a pot luck?"
    And im like , " yea... Didnt you see the bright yellow sign posted next to the punch clock?"
    "No..."

*facepalm*
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Midnightly, just have the party at home! Not just because it's cheaper, but you can relax more, enjoy the kids, and everyone will have a great time!
    That's the opposite of my experience. We held DD's party at home last year and never again! lol.

Cleaning, decorating and prepping took a lot of time and effort. Then 10 kids practically destroyed our home. 1 kid tore through DD's closet and tossed everything all over the room. Needless to say it took a lot of time and effort to clean up the after mass. Then because it was at our home some parents dropped off early and picked up late. 1 little girl refused to leave and her mother (after trying to reason with her for almost 20 minutes) finally carried her out crying. So awkward! lol

After the 1 party we decided we'll shell out the money to save the headaches. We may try again for DS but only because his bday is in Spring and being outside would be easier. lol

Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's the opposite of my experience. We held DD's party at home last year and never again! lol.

Cleaning, decorating and prepping took a lot of time and effort. Then 10 kids practically destroyed our home. 1 kid tore through DD's closet and tossed everything all over the room. Needless to say it took a lot of time and effort to clean up the after mass. Then because it was at our home some parents dropped off early and picked up late. 1 little girl refused to leave and her mother (after trying to reason with her for almost 20 minutes) finally carried her out crying. So awkward! lol

After the 1 party we decided we'll shell out the money to save the headaches. We may try again for DS but only because his bday is in Spring and being outside would be easier. lol

I had one party at home for my oldest when she was 4, and decided paying a place to host a party and clean up is worth every penny!
    I tried a home party last year for my youngest's first birthday with 30 people(only 6 kids including mine), and never again! The adults were worse than the kids for making messes and it took me 3 days of cleaning up.
    From now on its small, immediate family only or we're paying a place!
    Ciel and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Thread Information