User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By HeatherWake

Thread: New Policy at FreshCo?

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

So is there a new policy at FreshCo regarding Internet coupons?? Ive never had an issue there until today.
    I tried to use 8 full coulour printed cereal coupons, each has their own different unique id....and they wouldnt accept them. Said I could use ONE per day. Not one per item, not one per transaction, One Per DAY.?!/ Wtf is THAT?! lol Their coupon policy states that as long as they are clear, not photocopies, yaddayadda...I can use as many as I like?! Anyone aware of new policy?
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Meh no big deal...went to WM, pm'ed it, used my coups, gave WalMart my $$ instead!
    gourmetsue, ange410 and acosta like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I find freshco is not the most coupon friendly but they are better than the treatment I got from one of No frills near me. They have lost my business even though they are the most convenient for me. I won't go back to that store unless every other store burns to the ground.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Oh no! What happened KERRYLJ??

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I saw on facebook that they have a new policy and emailed them to confirm, but their webpage still shows the old policy. Hopefully they reply soon
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

For me, FreshCo is one of the more coupon friendly places locally (at least the one I go to, the other one near me is terrible)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find Freshco kind of makes there own rules when it comes to coupons. I have had them tell me effective Jan 1st, 2013 they were only going to take one like coupon per customer per day (ex I bought 5 Carnation Milk used 5 coupons just before Christmas was told come Jan 1st even though they were tear pad coupons with no restrictive wording I would only be able to use 1 per day). I have since been told this did not happen.

Another time I had my $5 Chapman's coupon and went in to buy 3 of the trial size frozen yogurt on sale for $2, I bought 3 so I would not have an overage and I was told I could not use my coupon, when I asked why I was told because they were trial size. I pointed out the coupon said off ANY Chapman's product it did not say it could not be used on trial sizes, I was than told they did not care what the coupon said this location's policy is to not accept any coupons on trail, travel or small size products no matter what the coupon said. I asked her to explain is this a Freshco policy or just this location she replied just this location. I did not put up a fight just asked her to cancel my transaction and give me back my coupon she looked at me and I said that is ok I will go to another location i got huffed at an oh fine I will do it this time.

For these reasons I try to avoid Freshco if coupons are involved or price matches too as they have too many rules and find they also change those even when you point out the door says something different.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I work part time for Sobey's HQ doing book work & coupons paper work and I don't shop there either. I take there flyer to No Frills and price match. Every store makes there own rules and when HQ's tells them they have to follow policy they don't - goes in one ear and out the other.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't have a Freshco close to me, but the one time I went with all my flyers to pm they said we don't take SDM, Jean Coutu etc..they only take food store flyers. I said that's fine, "Walmart takes all flyers and they have a bigger selection"!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I received a reply to my email - no change (at least in ON)

Thank you for contacting Sobeys Customer Care. Customer feedback is an integral part of our business, and we welcome all comments from our customers.

Sobeys and FreshCo's coupon policy is available online using the attached links http://www.sobeys.com/en/About-us/FAQ.aspx and http://www.freshco.com/Faq.aspx

Internet Coupons - Required:

" Same guidelines as vendor coupons (see below)
    " Have a valid product name
    " Have a Canadian remittance/redemption address (e.g. P.O. Box 3000 Saint John, NB)
    " Have a valid expiry date
    " Limited to one coupon per item purchased
    " Will not be accepted for free product, but will be accepted for BOGO
    " Are acceptable in black & white and color
    " Must not be blurry
    " Must have a UPC
    " Must say "Internet Coupon"
    " Redemption value per coupon maximum value $25

Vendor Coupons
    " Verify the expiration date of the coupon.
    " Mailing address must be in Canada.
    " One of the following inscriptions should appear.
    o To the Merchant
    o To the Retailer
    o To the Franchise
    o To the Dealer

" One coupon only can be used against each item purchased
    " Cashier to ensure the item was purchased, that the coupon pertains to
    " No reproductions/photocopies of vendor coupons
    " Coupon can't be redeemed against a free item (eg: customer buys an item on BOGO, only one coupon may be used against the item paid for
    " Do not accept "Mailing Coupons" - ie: coupon is to be mailed in by the customer.

Each coupon is evaluated on an individual basis by store management. If you have any concerns please feel free to speak with the store manager where you shop who will be happy to assist you.
    ~ ~ ~

Thread Information