• 2 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By Optimus
  • 1 Post By wolfwoman
  • 2 Post By abbasgirl
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: UPS Rant. Move over CP.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

So I know there are always rants on here about CP not doing their part in delivering mail. Now its UPS.

I live in a condo and the past 3 times DH has ordered stuff off of Amazon it always comes by UPS.

All 3 times - we are left a sticker on our mailbox saying 'Last attempt' and the date is from either the day before or the current date. No first attempt. No second attempt. Always FINAL.

I`m home all day for the most part and nobody buzzes up or even attempts to contact us. I even live on the SECOND floor you don`t even have to put effort into delivering it.

'Conveniently' it says, that it has been left at the local UPS store for me to pick up. Hows that convenient? (Mind you, the store is literally a 7 minute walk.)

Point being. Your job is to deliver parcels. Not just dump them off at a store when you didn`t even attempt to give them to your customers on route.

This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Canada Post

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Make sure you call them and explain what's been happening.

I've read of this kind of thing happening with condos and apartments from all types of delivery companies.
    c_mcarthur and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah your best bet will be to call UPS and let them know this is happening. It's likely the driver being lazy.
    Candini and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I live out in the countryside and UPS can NEVER EVER find my home. Which baffles me as I live right beside the highway they use EVERYDAY! I don't even bother with they anymore and stick to Canada Post's snail mail.
    Candini likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I live out in the countryside and UPS can NEVER EVER find my home. Which baffles me as I live right beside the highway they use EVERYDAY! I don't even bother with they anymore and stick to Canada Post's snail mail.

When you order stuff from say Amazon, can you choose who delivers it?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Candini when you said " I`m home all day for the most part " is it at all possible that they actually did buzz in the few/rare times you had stepped out? Or if you were in the shower, can you still hear the buzzer? I'll tell you I had an occurrence where the customer swore up and down they were there, but realized they had been in the shower when I buzzed.
    Also the actual intercom buzzer system had a glitch fort about a week and everyone was insisting they were home all day too.
    Double check your intercom just to be safe.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hear ya! We also live in a condo and this has happened to us before as well. The worst part? We have a security guard at the front door who signs for all packages!!!

DH one time stayed by the phone waiting for an important work package from Europe.The company paid extra $$$ to make sure he got it in time. UPS didn't even bother calling to say they were there (no buzzer), didn't bother leaving it with security, and took it straight to the warehouse. Three days later he got the important package that cost a lot to send.

And don't even get me started on my wedding shoes that didn't come in time for my wedding because the dude couldn't read the apartment number clearly labelled on the box!!! Had to re-hem my dress because of it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    When you order stuff from say Amazon, can you choose who delivers it?
    No. I emailed them about that once because I hate UPS. They said they choose the best option based on where the customer lives and can't change it based on customer preference. For some reason after that email though they started sending me everything by Canada Post.
    Candini and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OP you should look into BufferBox. I participated in their promo last week and it was really easy to pick up the package.
    Candini likes this.

Thread Information