User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Best gifts for kids?

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    What size is it? Does it have the mesh enclosure? Do you like it?
    It's 8 feet. It was originally for my DD but she got bored with it by now as she is already 7. My son loves it though and can manage to climb in it by himself.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Scholar's Choice has some awesome choices!!! My son and daughter are very tactile learners and they have some awesome learning games. I *hate* toys. I'm beginning to resent Christmas because I hate those stupid pointless toys that everyone buys my kids. DD loves puzzles and Big Box makes puzzles that fit together words to learn how to spell. Baby Einstein has board books out for small babies that teach kids about each letter. Melissa and Doug have amazing puzzles. They have science experiments games for older kids and board games that teach you math and is actually fun. They have fun flash cards and awesome little magnetic boards that help you learn to write your letters and numbers and cursive writing.

I don't buy my kids games or toys unless they're going to be learning something. Haha. I'm such a mean mommy sometimes. But this Scholar's Choice store makes me drool haha.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    It's 8 feet. It was originally for my DD but she got bored with it by now as she is already 7. My son loves it though and can manage to climb in it by himself.

Omg we have this one hehe
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Scholar's Choice has some awesome choices!!! My son and daughter are very tactile learners and they have some awesome learning games. I *hate* toys. I'm beginning to resent Christmas because I hate those stupid pointless toys that everyone buys my kids. DD loves puzzles and Big Box makes puzzles that fit together words to learn how to spell. Baby Einstein has board books out for small babies that teach kids about each letter. Melissa and Doug have amazing puzzles. They have science experiments games for older kids and board games that teach you math and is actually fun. They have fun flash cards and awesome little magnetic boards that help you learn to write your letters and numbers and cursive writing.

I don't buy my kids games or toys unless they're going to be learning something. Haha. I'm such a mean mommy sometimes. But this Scholar's Choice store makes me drool haha.
    Very cool site! I just took a quick look at it but I think I'll need some time to hunt for deals. lol. Some items are pretty expensive.

For instance - $75 (non-member price) for this:

We have almost the same thing that I found at Winners for $14.99 on clearance for $10-$11.

Would be a great site to get ideas from and then search for the item cheaper elsewhere. lol. I'm wayyyyyyyy cheap.

They do have an awesome daycare area though - has a lot of the items our DS's centre has.
    Bronwen likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Any ideas for a 5 year old girl?

DD has yet another birthday party to go to. 3rd one this school year. I'm running out of ideas. lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what about some play make up, or even some nail polish with little girly nail stickers..some play clothes, jewellry.. 5 year olds love to play 'mommy'..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    what about some play make up, or even some nail polish with little girly nail stickers..some play clothes, jewellry.. 5 year olds love to play 'mommy'..
    I stay away from make-up and nail polish since 5 is a big young... Some moms don't allow make-up yet (myself included).

Play clothes is a good idea. DD loves her dress up box. TY.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

It is just play makeup, i don't see a big deal, they just want to pretend to be like you. I don't think anybody would send their children to school in it,lol. Most moms just don't want anything to do with it mostly because it is messy i find.

I'm having a hard time with my 5 year old,her birthdays coming up and she will be 6. I basically know what she wants, I am just depressed that she is growing up going to be outgrowing all the little kid toys it feels like,lol. Most toys say up to age 5 at the youngest =(
    Last edited by kris10; Wed, Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I don't like my daughters playing with makeup. chapstick is 1 thing but play lipstick and eyeshadow..no thanks. and some moms do let their kids wear it and go out. there is a 3 year old in dd2's library group who wears lots of 'play' make up. I don't see the need but to each their own.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

as for Christmas presents this year... dd1 will be getting some lego, books, lots of craft kits as she's really into doing bracelets and such for her friends. dd2 is totally into dressing up with play clothes so hopefully after Halloween some of the Disney costumes will be marked down so I can pick up some for her. might get dd2 a baby alive doll as well.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Saw a cool thing in Walmart and it was a kit to make cake pops! I dk usually I ask the parents what kind of things the child likes and go from there!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I ended up going with a bunch of smaller gifts. 2 Barbies (for $5 after coupon), Disney Princess Lip Balm/Body Spray set, Disney Princess Jewelry set and then a Purse with hair elastics/tiara/clips set (all say 3+ and on clearance for $5 at Winners).

I don't know the parents (girl at school who takes the bus, email RSVP) and I asked DD what to get her and she said a Canada f. L. A. G. ??? Lmao. So hopefully she likes 1 or 2 items. lol
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Tue, Oct 22nd, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Any ideas for a 5 year old girl?

DD has yet another birthday party to go to. 3rd one this school year. I'm running out of ideas. lol
    FYI, you don't need something unique for each birthday party your kid is invited to. When I see kid's toys on sale, I sometimes buy a few of the same - kids don't really care if another kid got the same thing last month, they don't remember.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The stomp rocket is great - I bought one for my son, but I ended up using it more! Depending on the age of your kids, I bought a puzzle game called Rush Hour from Amazon which is great to play with and get them thinking.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm all for outdoor toys (and balance bikes for 2 year olds of course!!). For inside toys, musical (but not too loud) instruments, lego, blocks, train sets, cars. I try to avoid branded stuff though.
    Scamper Gear- the best balance bikes, Rain Gear & other great products for your little one!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information